First Time Cruiser...what I thought!

NolaTiem

Hey there, everyone! :)

I went on my first cruise at 36 years old, aboard the Carnival Dream in June of this year. I can say I'm a cruise addict now...essentially from when I walked on board the ship.

I wrote about my first experience here, and I can't wait to go again.

http://collinandtrish.blogspot.com Give it a read if you'd like to, hopefully it'll express just how wonderful my first time cruising was and give all of you who haven't gone yet another reason to be excited for your upcoming trip.

I really cannot think of a more wonderful way to vacation. Being out in the ocean and disconnected from the busyness of life and breathing in all that fresh air was the best recharge I had. The ease of traveling via cruise is perfect. I got to visit multiple places but only had to unpack once...and I'm excited to cruise with the kids too, because not only are there tons of activities for them, there is daycare included in the price so my hubby and I can have some time to enjoy activities that are geared towards us instead of the toddler age group.

Well...just wanted to say hello and say I'm glad to be a fledgling cruise addict. :)

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Our next cruise is a short one (5 days), porting out of the city we live in (New Orleans) and going to Cozumel and Progreso. We're taking our kids for the first time, and going in February to escape the Mardi Gras madness.

Wow! 140 cruises...that's amazing! I hope that I'll be to that number some day. :)

Unlike other addictions, there seems to be no cure for a cruise addiction! All we can do is go on another to get our "fix"! [emoji2]

Hello and welcome to the asylum!

I'm not sure it's a cure but another cruise helps.

Great Review!!!

My kids and I set sail for the first time April 2015, in celebration of my sons 12th birthday. From the moment we stepped on the Ship, I was hooked. Our trip was a 4 day to the Bahamas onboard the Norwegian Sky. We are currently booked on the Emerald Princess for March 2016. I super excited. My 3 year old is still talking about our last cruise. She keeps saying, " Lets go on Vacation to the HA MAS again".

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Charming review and always so nice to hear someone who really appreciates everything and enjoys life. May you have many, many more!

Totally agree. Trisha, Your ability to enjoy and appreciate everything and find fault with nothing is very refreshing. Your descriptive writing style is also great because it made me a part of your experience. I especially liked how you described one of the best parts of your cruise; the anticipation and preparation.

You are someone we'd love to know and to cruise with because it's clear you would add a lot to the experience.

Welcome home and welcome to the wonderful world of cruising.

Great Review!!!

My kids and I set sail for the first time April 2015, in celebration of my sons 12th birthday. From the moment we stepped on the Ship, I was hooked. Our trip was a 4 day to the Bahamas onboard the Norwegian Sky. We are currently booked on the Emerald Princess for March 2016. I super excited. My 3 year old is still talking about our last cruise. She keeps saying, " Lets go on Vacation to the HA MAS again".

Thanks for sharing your experience.

That's adorable! My youngest is crazy about all things motorized, and I showed him a picture of the cruise ship and told him we would be going on one in February. He's not the best talker yet, but later at night as we're trying to get him to go to bed, he says, "BOAT! BOAT! Waaadddderrrrr!"

I'm ecstatic about going again but I am doubly excited to see my kids' faces when they are experiencing it for the first time.

Totally agree. Trisha, Your ability to enjoy and appreciate everything and find fault with nothing is very refreshing. Your descriptive writing style is also great because it made me a part of your experience. I especially liked how you described one of the best parts of your cruise; the anticipation and preparation.

You are someone we'd love to know and to cruise with because it's clear you would add a lot to the experience.

Welcome home and welcome to the wonderful world of cruising.

:):)Thanks so much for the compliment and for the feedback. Generally speaking, I try to look at vacation like, "It is what you make it." Wherever you go and whatever you do, things aren't always going to be smooth sailing.:cool:

I knew that I could possibly encounter some things that weren't to my liking. I think I was so much better prepared because I read reviews, posts, and articles. In the future I will probably write reviews that are more technical, but I while writing about my first cruise I wanted to focus on more how it felt rather than what I thought of the ship (I'm so glad for those reviews I've read that have broken it down though!).

Thank you for the welcome, and maybe in the future we'll meet up on some grand ship. I'm always happy to meet new people!

I really enjoyed reading your review! BTW,Do you live in New Orleans? If so, maybe you could also be our go to girl for NOLA?

My DH & I just finished our 2nd cruise celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be going on the Dream Next August and then on to the Caribbean Princess b2b December making it cruises 3, 4, and 5 respectfully for us. I am hooked and my excitement is hooking my friends at work. Unfortunately, there is just this pesky think called work and school getting in the way of sailing more often!

Happy sailing! Look forward to hearing more of your happy tales!

Hey there, everyone! :)

I went on my first cruise at 36 years old, aboard the Carnival Dream in June of this year. I can say I'm a cruise addict now...essentially from when I walked on board the ship.

I wrote about my first experience here, and I can't wait to go again.

http://collinandtrish.blogspot.com Give it a read if you'd like to, hopefully it'll express just how wonderful my first time cruising was and give all of you who haven't gone yet another reason to be excited for your upcoming trip.....

Well...just wanted to say hello and say I'm glad to be a fledgling cruise addict. :)

What a great review -- fun, enthusiastic, helpful...and as a fellow parent, I got to enjoy a kid free vacation vicariously through you! You should cruise more often and keep the reviews coming.... ;)

I really enjoyed reading your review! BTW,Do you live in New Orleans? If so, maybe you could also be our go to girl for NOLA?

My DH & I just finished our 2nd cruise celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be going on the Dream Next August and then on to the Caribbean Princess b2b December making it cruises 3, 4, and 5 respectfully for us. I am hooked and my excitement is hooking my friends at work. Unfortunately, there is just this pesky think called work and school getting in the way of sailing more often!

Happy sailing! Look forward to hearing more of your happy tales!

I'd love to be the go to girl for NOLA...I'll answer any questions I can and if I don't know the answer, I sure can find out. :)

I just found out today that my cousins will probably be coming along on this cruise as well! :) I've been talking to them about cruising since I've gotten back. :D

This review was one of the highlights of my week. You have a true and loving heart. No wonder your cruise blessings were so plentiful and deserved. Especially loved the way you spoke of your husband and kids. I nearly cried reading about your daughter's happy tears. Just wow!

I too am taking a cruise with the love of my life and it will be the first time he has ever cruised or even had a real vacation. Our cruise is my love letter to him and I can't wait for him to fall in love with cruising as did I. Hope you and your family have another amazing adventure and be sure to comeback and share!

Edited by DeesEscape