Tux's

flczr

No. Not "many". Maybe 10% or less. A lot more suits or dress slacks and sport coats than tuxedos. Thats for Caribbean cruises anyway. Seem to be getting more and more casual as the years go by.

Edited by ryano

Mine does sometimes especially if we have a lot of formal photos to take and its holiday time. We bought one a local Burlington and have different bow ties :) it's fun...but sometimes he just wears a regular tie with slacks and dress shirt :) have fun!!

Mine does, too. He gets compliments from fellow cruisers and sometimes the staff. He does not bring a regular business suit, but does bring a sport coat and slacks. He wears a collarless silk knit shirt or a sweater under the sport coat. He wore suits and uniforms during his work years. When he retired he said he would not wear another tie unless it was a bow tie with a tux. On our cruises, which a usually longer than a week, more than 10% wear tuxes, but not much more.

Margee

I would normally agree with the approx 10% or so wearing tuxes, however, on our Freedom cruise a couple of weeks ago, I would say it was definitely less than 5%. I think I could have counted on one hand how many men I saw in tuxes. Probably only around 10% of men wore ties. There was a good amount of suits/sport jackets, dress shirts, and no tie (I fell into this category). Majority though...was much more casual than that (though my wife did say she noticed someone in shorts & a t-shirt denied entry to the MDR one formal night). The rest of the nights though...it was pretty much 'anything goes'. The trend is undeniable and most likely, irreversible, at this point.

I still enjoy wearing my tux on Formal nights. Have been doing it for over 15 years of cruising. I guess we are "old" scholl, but still enjoy dressing in our formal wear. We usually get many wonderful comments on our attire!! John & Priscilla :) :)

(though my wife did say she noticed someone in shorts & a t-shirt denied entry to the MDR one formal night)..

Im actually surprised they stopped him. On our first formal night on Freedom in April, there were two tables right beside us all dressed in shorts and t shirts. Not something that bothers me at all. Just an observation :)