So Excited Was Able To Get 6305

So excited. Was able to score room 6305 on Freedom for March 2016, it was the only week my SIL and BIL were able to cruise. I was so happy to see that Jewel in the rooms to book. This will be our 2nd cruise in this room.

Love the promenade rooms. We were in 6615 last year and LOVED it. Our daughter pushed the sofa up against the window seat and had her own little alcove. :D Enjoy it . . . . . AGAIN!

So excited. Was able to score room 6305 on Freedom for March 2016, it was the only week my SIL and BIL were able to cruise. I was so happy to see that Jewel in the rooms to book. This will be our 2nd cruise in this room.

Did you just book it? Which week in March did you get it? We are sailing that March as well. We will be cursing you if you are sailing the same week and were able to grab the Ben and Jerry suite recently. We booked in the first week or two the itinerary went on sale and 6305 was long gone by then.

No - 6615 was on our last cruise in '14. This year we were late to the party so we couldn't get a promenade room.

Thanks for the door slamming warning, Bob.

But as to the noise complaints - we never heard a peep - and our daughter slept with out a problem. Unless you're used to DEAD silence - any noise (to US) was a minor distraction.

You sail the week after we do. Thought we were going to have to come to your room and demand some Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream from you. ;)

I'm the guilty party. :)

When I booked the cruise at the very beginning of BOGOHO (May 1, 2014, back when it really was a sale), it wasn't available, but I kept checking and grabbed it when I found it available on December 1 last year.

You sail the week after we do. Thought we were going to have to come to your room and demand some Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream from you. ;)

Have a wonderful cruise:D

LOL, We would have shared. The last time we stayed we didnt use the ice cream vouchers at all. Just the Concierge lounge in the evening...

Fair warning, some have reported noise from a nearby crew access door slamming at all hours.

We had 6305 on Liberty and you are correct. Noise all night from a crew door open and closing. Plus I couldn't resist the free ice cream and had to buy bigger clothes after the cruise.

Fun room

Diane

Contact Guest Services and request/demand that they adjust the tension on the door closer downstairs. That will solve the banging, at least for a while.

Also, go ahead and spring for a cabana, you should be able to get one through the Concierge

Edited by John&LaLa

I usually book an interior room (my teenaged son and I LOVE the dark sleeping environment, and we don't ever spend time in the room other than showering/sleeping).

When booking Freedom for an 8-day itinerary in April 2017, my travel agent emailed me the pricing and the promenade rooms were only $30 more than the interior rooms. Having never experienced a promenade room before, I told him to go ahead and book one of those, since the price was so close -- if I don't like it, I'm not really out anything.

I got a call at 7pm at night from my travel agent... he said that he was so excited for me that he had to call instead of email me the news that 6305 was available and he booked us into it! :D

I'm not worried about the rumors of possible door-banging-noises -- my son and I both sleep like the dead. I'm only worried that once we experience the Sweet Life, we'll never want to return to our standard room in steerage!!!

We just sailed FOS last month. Had 6306 (balcony across the hall). Never heard any slamming so I wonder if it's just the cabin right next door to it that is affected.

The noise comes from below, door inside ice cream shop. Doubt you would hear it

I usually book an interior room (my teenaged son and I LOVE the dark sleeping environment, and we don't ever spend time in the room other than showering/sleeping).

When booking Freedom for an 8-day itinerary in April 2017, my travel agent emailed me the pricing and the promenade rooms were only $30 more than the interior rooms. Having never experienced a promenade room before, I told him to go ahead and book one of those, since the price was so close -- if I don't like it, I'm not really out anything.

I got a call at 7pm at night from my travel agent... he said that he was so excited for me that he had to call instead of email me the news that 6305 was available and he booked us into it! :D

I'm not worried about the rumors of possible door-banging-noises -- my son and I both sleep like the dead. I'm only worried that once we experience the Sweet Life, we'll never want to return to our standard room in steerage!!!

Don't set your expectations to high. You will get CL access, free ice cream and possibly the ability to rent a cabana, but you won't get the other gold card privledges. Private party, suite breakfast, priority debarkation, etc..

Contact Guest Services and request/demand that they adjust the tension on the door closer downstairs. That will solve the banging, at least for a while.

I remember you made this comment on an earlier thread and I noted it on my cruise papers. We have The Sweet in Dec. and booked it 1 1/2 years before sail date. At first it was already taken but someone on my roll call made mention of MAYBE giving it up. I alerted my TA and she pounced on it for me when it became available.

I remember you made this comment on an earlier thread and I noted it on my cruise papers. We have The Sweet in Dec. and booked it 1 1/2 years before sail date. At first it was already taken but someone on my roll call made mention of MAYBE giving it up. I alerted my TA and she pounced on it for me when it became available.

Always like to give back. Good luck with the room and have some Chunky Monkey for me

We got 6305 for our B2B in October 2016!!:p We love the Promenade cabins and usually try to book on the starboard side across from the Pub on the Promenade, which is our group meeting place!;) I was shocked to see that 6305 was available for both weeks next year!:eek: Can't wait to enjoy B&J's!

They did ask us last time about a cabana but we declined.

How much is it for a rental if you know?

Also, go ahead and spring for a cabana, you should be able to get one through the Concierge