Back from Emerald Princess 9/5 Med

azdmelani

With the most expensive piece of jewelry I've ever purchased- my Elite pin!

Was a great cruise as usual. I thought the food in the dining room was excellent. However this is the only ship I've been on that I could not make an advanced reservation for anytime dining. This resulted in long waits for a table for two at the beginning of the cruise, until we opted to go to the dining room that has the 5:45 seating.

Entertainment was mixed. There were very few activities planned during the day. Obviously, this is a port intensive cruise, but was lacking compared to our European cruise last year. The two production shows (I've Got the Music and Blame it on the Boogie) were great, and the featured singers were excellent. Also, Kory Simon not to be missed in the piano bar.

We were in cabin C202 which was a great location, and loved having the bigger balcony.

Ports:

We had been to a couple of these ports on the Regal last year.

Palermo: IMO not the nicest part of Sicily. We were there on a Sunday which meant most things were closed.

Salerno: Private tour to Capri with free time in Sorrento. An incredible tour, loved every second.

Livorno: Florence on your own Princess Tour- 5 hours flew by!

Genoa: Private tour to Portofino, Santa Margherita and Monterosso. Another amazing day!

Toulon: Private tour to two wineries and Cassis

All in all a wonderful trip. Happy to answer any questions!

Was a great cruise as usual. I thought the food in the dining room was excellent. However this is the only ship I've been on that I could not make an advanced reservation for anytime dining. This resulted in long waits for a table for two at the beginning of the cruise, until we opted to go to the dining room that has the 5:45 seating.

Entertainment was mixed. There were very few activities planned during the day. Obviously, this is a port intensive cruise, but was lacking compared to our European cruise last year. The two production shows (I've Got the Music and Blame it on the Boogie) were great, and the featured singers were excellent. Also, Kory Simon not to be missed in the piano bar.

Congratulations on becoming Elite!

I am on this cruise in 10 days- apart from the sea day when was Formal Night?

Also at what time were you able to board in Civitavecchia?

Thanks in advance!

Norris

Congratulations on becoming Elite!

I am on this cruise in 10 days- apart from the sea day when was Formal Night?

Also at what time were you able to board in Civitavecchia?

Thanks in advance!

Norris

We boarded around 1. Easiest embarkation ever. 5 minute check in and on the ship at Deck 4

Formal nights were Day 2 and Day 6, not the sea day. Have a great cruise!

I am going to be in C107...is there much motion up there??? Do they give you more than two chairs and a table on the large balcony Thanks!!!

It was pretty calm in the room. We had two chairs with footstools and a table, could have fit more furniture if necessary.

We were in cabin C202 which was a great location, and loved having the bigger balcony.

Ports:

We had been to a couple of these ports on the Regal last year.

Palermo: IMO not the nicest part of Sicily. We were there on a Sunday which meant most things were closed.

Salerno: Private tour to Capri with free time in Sorrento. An incredible tour, loved every second.

Livorno: Florence on your own Princess Tour- 5 hours flew by!

Genoa: Private tour to Portofino, Santa Margherita and Monterosso. Another amazing day!

Toulon: Private tour to two wineries and Cassis

Hello and Congrats on your Elite pin :-)

We did this same cruise in August and had a wonderful time as well.

As for anytime dining we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a table for 2 and we went between 19:15 and 20:00. The line seemed to actually be worst after 20:00 on our cruise lots of later diner.

I also thought the entertainment was not as it greatest so we actually went M.U.T.S almost every night.

The food in the MDR to me was very good with plenty of choices the only place where we thought it was very repetitive was breakfast in the Horizon Court.

Thanks for sharing

Sea ya

Eric

We boarded around 1. Easiest embarkation ever. 5 minute check in and on the ship at Deck 4

Formal nights were Day 2 and Day 6, not the sea day. Have a great cruise!

Thank you!

I am glad I asked- for sure thought the sea day was a given for formal night.

My day 2 is Palermo, sail at 6

Day 6 is Genoa again sail at 6

Was that the same as yours?

Norris

taking suit and tie

Love your interpretation of the cost of the elite pin!! Mine is my favorite piece of jewelry because getting it has taken me to so many wonderful places I probably would never have seen otherwise.

Thanks for mentioning your satisfaction with your forward Caribe cabin. That's where we will be for 30 days next spring, and while I never mind ocean motion, I was a taddy bit concerned for the T/A from FLL to Southampton. I was delighted to hear you even had foot stools on your balcony. Hope they don't take them away between now and when we board!! ;-)

Thank you!

I am glad I asked- for sure thought the sea day was a given for formal night.

My day 2 is Palermo, sail at 6

Day 6 is Genoa again sail at 6

Was that the same as yours?

Norris

taking suit and tie

Hi Norris. Yes, same ports for us. Enjoy, I wish I had the chance to do it again!

We are about to collect our most expensive piece of jewelry on the Emerald as well!

Thanks for offering to answer questions. Has the new on demand TV been installed yet? Would be nice to have this feature for the transatlantic sailing next month.

Not yet. We didnt receive a TV guide in our stateroom, which created lots of guessing games as to what we were watching. :) We barely watched TV throughout the cruise. I'm sure if we had the demand system we would have watched more.

Enjoy your cruise and congrats on (almost) reaching Elite!

Love your interpretation of the cost of the elite pin!! Mine is my favorite piece of jewelry because getting it has taken me to so many wonderful places I probably would never have seen otherwise.

Thanks for mentioning your satisfaction with your forward Caribe cabin. That's where we will be for 30 days next spring, and while I never mind ocean motion, I was a taddy bit concerned for the T/A from FLL to Southampton. I was delighted to hear you even had foot stools on your balcony. Hope they don't take them away between now and when we board!! ;-)

Agreed, that is one piece of jewelry I will treasure forever.

Loved the location, you'll have an excellent cruise, no doubt!