This evening's lunch and dinner menu AND a sofa question

Muushka

Ask to see the next night's menu before you leave the MDR. I have food allergies so they always show me the next night's menu so I can place my order in advance.

That's brilliant if you are in the dining room the night before. You can even stop by while you are out and about. While you are at it, take a quick photo and then you can study in more detail when you get back to your stateroom. :)

The last 2 or 3 Celebrity cruises the menus have been posted on a touch screen near the elevators. If I remember correctly, the whole week was posted. So no need for a flashlight and you can look at it before your excursions. On TV would be a nice idea............Kaye

What ship was this? I've never seen it on an X cruise (recent ships for us-Eclipse, Reflection and Silhouette).

We did see this on RCI Freedom, which I thought was a great idea.

So now we ALL have to remember to write this as one of our post cruise suggestions and also to maybe tell them during the cruise on one of those "How are we doing?" Cards. I think they really pay attention to those.

Yes, that plus hopefully they are reading this thread!

Royal has both the menus (for every venue) and the daily activity schedule on touch screens next to the elevators. We were disappointed Celebrity did not.

I agree, it is an great way to figure things out on a cruise.

We can only hope X would do something like that for us.

What a great idea to have the menus on the TV - ideally the day before or even further in advance! It would make dining planning really easy, I wish X would adopt this .

We have always found that she space under the bed is adequate for our suitcases. Mind you we have new ones which are a good bit deeper, so I will be interested to see if they still fit, on our next cruise. Anyone ever measured the clearance under the bed on both S and M class??

I carry all the menus with me, Day 1 through Day 14, on my iPad. Readily available online on numerous websites. Simply "save as" a pdf. One of the best for all onboard bars, bistros, and MDR is this one: http://www.thepreismans.com/

Excellent suggestion. But 1 question.

Do these menus remain the same regardless of which ship/destination/time of year/length of cruise?

If yes, sold!

What a great idea to have the menus on the TV - ideally the day before or even further in advance! It would make dining planning really easy, I wish X would adopt this .

We have always found that she space under the bed is adequate for our suitcases. Mind you we have new ones which are a good bit deeper, so I will be interested to see if they still fit, on our next cruise. Anyone ever measured the clearance under the bed on both S and M class??

We also store our luggage under the bed. We've been doing long cruises lately so one open suitcase is for dirty laundry. I'm still not clear if the sofas have storage or not. But like back in the good old days, I'll have to wait to board the ship to find out (I just hope I remember!).

I would love to see the menus for the whole cruise at the beginning so I could pick which days, if any, I would try the specialty dining venues. I believe there is just enough change from time to time that it's not safe to rely on the order of menus posted by someone who cruised several months ago or more.

I know it seems silly to make plans around whether or not I'll miss the rack of lamb or the duck breast, but darn it, I look forward to those!

I've never seen them on a Celebrity ship near the elevators. There is always time each daily to get some exercise and wander down to the MDR to check out the menus.We actually enjoy going to the dinner buffet rather than the MDR. Casual and quick and lots of selection.

I would love to see the menus for the whole cruise at the beginning so I could pick which days, if any, I would try the specialty dining venues. I believe there is just enough change from time to time that it's not safe to rely on the order of menus posted by someone who cruised several months ago or more.

I know it seems silly to make plans around whether or not I'll miss the rack of lamb or the duck breast, but darn it, I look forward to those!

Not silly at all. It's what cruising is all about, what makes your cruise special to you.:)

I've never seen them on a Celebrity ship near the elevators. There is always time each daily to get some exercise and wander down to the MDR to check out the menus.We actually enjoy going to the dinner buffet rather than the MDR. Casual and quick and lots of selection.

Ugh. Be still Muushka.:confused:

They also usually post the day's MDR menu at the entrance of the buffet. That way you can look at it after breakfast and decide then.

Storage- I've only been on M-Class ships but never have had storage under the sofa. Both times they were pullouts and converted to a bed.

A couple of weeks ago on Eclipse, I noticed a section in the TV that showed menu's of different restaurants. I also noted that the MDR had a menu on it as well. I'm not sure whether this menu changes every day or whether it is just an example menu...all I know is that it was NOT the menu of that day:rolleyes:

I saw some items on it that I absolutely wanted to try...had to wait a few days to get that menu on my plate :p

I carry all the menus with me, Day 1 through Day 14, on my iPad. Readily available online on numerous websites. Simply "save as" a pdf. One of the best for all onboard bars, bistros, and MDR is this one: http://www.thepreismans.com/

I made the mistake to visit that page and review the menu's...I just ate, but am now craving some of the dishes I had on our last cruise...

I did notice that the menu's are not 100% the same as what we had a couple of weeks ago on Eclipse...Especially the topchef menu was different (had a pasta entree as well which is not on the website).

I made the mistake to visit that page and review the menu's...I just ate, but am now craving some of the dishes I had on our last cruise...

I did notice that the menu's are not 100% the same as what we had a couple of weeks ago on Eclipse...Especially the topchef menu was different (had a pasta entree as well which is not on the website).

Per chance do U have a copy of the menus? The Preisman's don't seem to have a 2015 S class menu for the Caribbean...

I know the top chef one's would be different but the other days would be the same... I did the top chef last yr.. good time :D

Thanks

CC

I was afraid that the menus posted on their site (which is awesome!) could not be counted on.

They also usually post the day's MDR menu at the entrance of the buffet. That way you can look at it after breakfast and decide then.

Storage- I've only been on M-Class ships but never have had storage under the sofa. Both times they were pullouts and converted to a bed.

OK, this is the first time I've heard this tip. I've never seen the evening's menus outsde of the Oceanview Cafe.

Can anyone verify this? Is it just the M class ship?

Edited by Muushka

Per chance do U have a copy of the menus? The Preisman's don't seem to have a 2015 S class menu for the Caribbean...

I know the top chef one's would be different but the other days would be the same... I did the top chef last yr.. good time :D

Thanks

CC

I'm afraid I didn't take pictures of the menus...I always intend to do so, but always forget it as I am too busy thinking what I will eat...

I did have another look at the topchef menu and we also had a pasta carbonara on it which was absolutely delicious.

Both me and my wife decided that night that we would not get a starter but 2 entrees. We both had the BBQ chicken and the pasta carbonara...both delicious...

I was afraid that the menus posted on their site (which is awesome!) could not be counted on.

Absolutely agree that their site is awesome.

I can't verify since I don't have pictures of the menus, but they seem quite accurate still. Granted, we only had an 8 day cruise and we also went to Tuscan Grille one night, so we didn't have a few of the menus.

I cannot find a single dish I ate that is not on their menus (with exception of the above mentioned Pasta Carbonara).

"OK, this is the first time I've heard this tip. I've never seen the evening's menus outside of the Oceanview Cafe.

Can anyone verify this? Is it just the M class ship?"

It is usually there around noon for that evening-never seen it as early as breakfast

Absolutely agree that their site is awesome.

I can't verify since I don't have pictures of the menus, but they seem quite accurate still. Granted, we only had an 8 day cruise and we also went to Tuscan Grille one night, so we didn't have a few of the menus.

I cannot find a single dish I ate that is not on their menus (with exception of the above mentioned Pasta Carbonara).

Do you know if they are accurate by the day, like day 1, day 2...?

"OK, this is the first time I've heard this tip. I've never seen the evening's menus outside of the Oceanview Cafe.

Can anyone verify this? Is it just the M class ship?"

It is usually there around noon for that evening-never seen it as early as breakfast

What ships have you seen this on?

We have done the same cruise on Celebrity Eclipse two years running and with exception of the first night (spring rolls, beet salad, prime rib) the menus were in a different order. On our first cruise for example Top Chef Menu night was the last night and this year it was on about night 9. Similarly one or two items have changed on the menus we received - there were a couple of dishes that we loved last year that didn't appear this year during our cruise.

They are close but not identical. As a general rule of thumb, there will be 14 menus altogether, and the first few nights will usually be in the same order. After that, it's hit or miss, depending (I think) on what part of the world the ship is in and the length of cruise. If you compare all the Preisman's menus for various cruises, the first few nights are always the same but after that the 14 basic menus appear in different orders.

On our 11-day Caribbean cruise on the Equinox in January the menus were sequenced exactly the same as the Preisman's Infinity cruise a few months earlier.