This evening's lunch and dinner menu AND a sofa question

Muushka

Why can't they put these menus on the TV?

We're a little picky and often do not eat in the MDR because the selections are unappealing.

But we always have to go down and check them.

Seems like it would be easy for them to post them on the TV.

And while I have your attention, is there storage under the sofa?

I asked on another thread but was never answered.

Thank you :)

We're a little picky and often do not eat in the MDR because the selections are unappealing.

If you do not go to the MDR, your alternative is the buffet. For both options, you have to leave the room. So walk past the MDR and check the menu and if you do not lie it, go to the buffet. Also, the MDR is always posted a few hours before dinner.

How hard can it be to check out your options w/o having the menu on TV?

DON

You know what Don, I agree it's not hard to stop by the MDR to check out the menu each day, but it is also a pretty good idea to put it up on the TV each morning. There have been several times we had early morning excursions and didn't get back until late afternoon. We would have liked to know that morning what the menu was before we headed out. No need to flame a person that has a totally reasonable request.

What ship are you on as I'm sure the furnishings are all different. On the Silhouette there was storage under the sofa, albeit, very shallow.

Sorry, all S class ships, but Equinox in particular.

You know what Don, I agree it's not hard to stop by the MDR to check out the menu each day, but it is also a pretty good idea to put it up on the TV each morning. There have been several times we had early morning excursions and didn't get back until late afternoon. We would have liked to know that morning what the menu was before we headed out. No need to flame a person that has a totally reasonable request.

Thank you!

We typically stay on the 12th floor. While I appreciate the exercise, that is a long way down.

Plus if we do the buffet, we won't bother dressing up. Just checking the tv would be so much easier.

Don't know about the storage as I never tried, sorry!

But putting the menu on the TV is an awesome idea!

When we were in Sydney our cabin (and balcony) faced the Opera House and (as we overnighted there) we planned to have dinner on our balcony. I had to go down to the dining room with a paper and pen and write down what each of us wanted for dinner (appet., salad, entree and dessert).

It would have been WONDERFUL to be able to just order from the TV.

Please don't flame me for being lazy.

There were a lot of things we wanted to do with our day and it was a pain to have to make that trip to the MDR.

(The dinner, while not exactly hot) was really fun! I timed it for sunset and we sat on the balcony with a glass of wine watching the sun set behind the Opera House!!!!)

Edited by chamima

Sorry, all S class ships, but Equinox in particular.

Thank you!

We've cruised twice on the Equinox. Both times we were in an A1 stateroom, and I don't think that we had any storage under the bed.

And I've often wondered why they don't post the MDR menus on the TV. The cruise director's channel would be a good location. But I've never remembered to make that suggestion on the post cruise questionnaire. We should start a campaign!

Could have sworn it was Celebrity, but I guess it was RCCL that had the daily menu's posted on the TV. My husband would check it out every afternoon.:D

I have asked the question about under sofa storage, before. Was told that if the sofa was not a Convertabed, then there was a narrow amount of storage under them. I also found this mention of the storage in a 1A on the Solstice class.

Cabin was spacious and very comfortable. Large bathroom, plenty of storage space under the sofa, bed and closet.

Don't know about the storage as I never tried, sorry!

But putting the menu on the TV is an awesome idea!

When we were in Sydney our cabin (and balcony) faced the Opera House and (as we overnighted there) we planned to have dinner on our balcony. I had to go down to the dining room with a paper and pen and write down what each of us wanted for dinner (appet., salad, entree and dessert).

It would have been WONDERFUL to be able to just order from the TV.

Please don't flame me for being lazy.

There were a lot of things we wanted to do with our day and it was a pain to have to make that trip to the MDR.

(The dinner, while not exactly hot) was really fun! I timed it for sunset and we sat on the balcony with a glass of wine watching the sun set behind the Opera House!!!!)

That sounds awesome, chamima! The only thing to make that better would have been some type of live performing artist like an opera singer below your balcony. :)

Edited by Iamthesea

Could have sworn it was Celebrity, but I guess it was RCCL that had the daily menu's posted on the TV. My husband would check it out every afternoon.:D

I have asked the question about under sofa storage, before. Was told that if the sofa was not a Convertabed, then there was a narrow amount of storage under them. I also found this mention of the storage in a 1A on the Solstice class.

That sounds awesome, chamima! The only thing to make that better would have been some type of live performing artist like an opera singer below your balcony. :)

Carnival has the menu on the TV. It is very convenient.

The menu has two sides. On the left is the all the time menu. Tried and true selections. Steak, chicken, salmon.

On some cruises the everyday selection is now on a three day rotation, on the eclipse stuff like Chicken Tikka, Irish Stew, Fish and Chips, liver And Bacon were rotated in.

By knowing early on what will be for dinner in the MDR if you know you're likely to dine elsewhere you can make arrangements to let any table mates know you won't be there.

We did three full back to back day trips on our recent cruise, leaving the ship at 745am and not getting back till about 45 minutes before dining, our cabin was about as far as you could get from the MDR. It would have been really useful to know the evening meal earlier so that on our return we didn't need to rush to get washed and changed.

I am absolutely sure that on every Celebrity cruise we have been on there has been enough under bed storage to take all 4 of our cases plus carry ons.

Sorry -- meant under the SOFA! The OP was asking about storage under the sofa. You are the only one who caught my inability to articulate my own answer! We also, on our 20+ Celebrity cruises, have been able to store our suitcases under the bed.

The last 2 or 3 Celebrity cruises the menus have been posted on a touch screen near the elevators. If I remember correctly, the whole week was posted. So no need for a flashlight and you can look at it before your excursions. On TV would be a nice idea............Kaye

I also like to know ahead of meal time so that I can schedule any speciality restaurants on days that I don't like the MDR selections. Sometimes on sea days, we partake at the pool bar a little too much and end up at the buffet anyway!!!:D

The last 2 or 3 Celebrity cruises the menus have been posted on a touch screen near the elevators. If I remember correctly, the whole week was posted. So no need for a flashlight and you can look at it before your excursions. On TV would be a nice idea............Kaye

That is an excellent idea - which ship was it? Didn't see it on the Eclipse last week but it would be perfect for planning when to dine elsewhere

What a great idea!

And, for the same reason for us ... well, me ... too.

Bill

Agree totally!

Agree totally!

My husband and I have this conversation EVERYTIME we cruise..seems like such a simple idea. It's not even a laziness thing for me its more I like to linger over my choices and having the menu on the TV would allow me to decide what I want to eat in the AM for that night which would help me decide what I want to each during the day so I don't over do it :)

Oh! My husband just gave another reason to post the menus on TV.

Because we have to also remember to have our flashlight with us to be able to read the menus in front of the MDR because the lighting is so bad.

And another reason ...it never fails when we are trying to look at the menu, we have to look over the heads of someone else in front of us. Can't see a thing!