Get your flu shot!

Mommypig

My point of posting was to inquire if others on that cruise had gotten sick.

The doctor that we saw when we returned said it was the flu. So, I'm going by what he said.

2 of the 4 of us are in healthcare and know about how the flu shots are an educated guess. It's always a crap shoot and ships are a little like day care facilities - great big petri dishes !

Of course, you always hear some coughing and sneezing in crowded facilities, just never know why. Allergies?? I'm not blaming the ship, they take great care to keep everything as clean as possible. Apparently, some of the coughing & sneezing was a problem, even tho we stayed clear as much as possible.

Posting on the Princess board will probably not get you the answers you want from other Celebrity cruisers.

Some blame can be directed at your fellow passengers who use toilets and walk out of the restroom without washing their hands.

Noro is everywhere.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I think some of these resurrected threads come about when someone searches for a thread about the topic they are interested in and they post on it without noticing how old it is. Good that they did a search, not so good to ask questions on the wrong cruise line's thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow, this is an oldie. Too bad it got brought forward. Whoever picks this up and reads it needs to look at the first post and the date of that post to realize that this isn't current news or the current condition of the Star.

As for flu shots. They take 2-4 weeks to incubate and become fully effective against the strain they are designed for. If you are getting your flu shot now, in March, the flu season is tapering down and you probably won't get any benefit from it this year. Better to be getting it in September or October before the flu season really starts.

And the best advice, wash your hands frequently.

Sorry, did not know it was a Princess board. I did a search for flu. We have posted on the roll call but apparently after the cruise is over, the roll call is pretty much forgotten.

Hey if that's the biggest mistake you make, life is pretty good. IMHO your intentions were good and it never hurts to remind folks to stay on their game regarding health and sanitation.

Hey if that's the biggest mistake you make, life is pretty good. IMHO your intentions were good and it never hurts to remind folks to stay on their game regarding health and sanitation.

Agreed. Now if only we could get people to wash their hands...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry, did not know it was a Princess board. I did a search for flu. We have posted on the roll call but apparently after the cruise is over, the roll call is pretty much forgotten.

thats ok it is a good reminder for people on flu shots and washing of hands etc just funny when not seen it before so you read posts and reply and dont realise that the post you are replying to might be two years old lol as you just see what they have posted and not when

3 good suggestions to avoid the flu on a ship as your in a small confined area with 2000-3000 people

1. Get the flu vaccine

2. Wash hands frequently or use sanitising gel

3. Keep your hands away from your face

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forums mobile app