B/B in a different cabin, but close

Ronnieslady

When & who moves our large suitcases. & carryons on a B/B in a different cabin, but it is only 3 doors away, same deck & same side?????????? I do know the steward moves all the items on hangers. When can we make this which??? Since we have to leave our cabin at 8:00am, do we take our carryons with us to the MDR for breakfast like we normally do on our last morning???? Edited by Ronnieslady

[quote name='Ronnieslady']When & who moves our large suitcases. & carryons on a B/B in a different cabin, but it is only 3 doors away, same deck & same side?????????? I do know the steward moves all the items on hangers. When can we make this which??? Since we have to leave our cabin at 8:00am, do we take our carryons with us to the MDR for breakfast like we normally do on our last morning????[/QUOTE]

You might or might not have the same Steward - depending on where the break is between zones. But talk to them both the first week.

You should have no problem leaving your bags to the side as long as you have left the bed and bath for your first Steward. You should be able to deposit your things in the new room I would think as soon as the original occupants have cleared out - again Steward will know what's transpiring.

Very easy. You'll receive instructions and a new cruise card the night before.

Essentially, you empty anything in drawers or shelves into your suitcase. Leave whatever is hanging on their hangers. Your steward will bring a cart and move everything over for you. I'd make sure I keep anything from the safe with me.

[quote name='Ronnieslady']When & who moves our large suitcases. & carryons on a B/B in a different cabin, but it is only 3 doors away, same deck & same side?????????? I do know the steward moves all the items on hangers. When can we make this which??? Since we have to leave our cabin at 8:00am, do we take our carryons with us to the MDR for breakfast like we normally do on our last morning????[/QUOTE]
On our recent back-to-backs, the steward who was handling the room moves, took care of that, usually around 9ish. We did not have to be out of our original cabin by 8, our steward was well aware we were back-to-back and moving rooms, he told us himself to not worry about it. We got up about 7:30 or so, tossed all our drawer items in suitcase, packed up toiletries into suitcase and left them on the bed. We went off to breakfast, then off the ship the first time and when we came back about noon, it was all done. The second time we stayed onboard, the steward showed up about 9 and took our things across the ship to port side and we unpacked the few toiletries, etc and then went and enjoyed the pool. Very smooth, very easy, and very quick.
You'll get very detailed instructions the night before, no worries.

My husband and I moved from one aft balcony to another (same deck). I let the room steward know ahead of time and he advised us when the other stateroom was ready (I think he finished that one first so we could move in).

We moved ourselves (wanted to get in and not be a bother to the steward), but if you are physically unable, just have the suitcases packed with the drawer/shelf items. He/she will move the bags and then take the clothes and hangers and place them in the new closet.

If was a very easy transition!:)

We moved down two cabins and we had the same steward for both. We had emptied our our drawers into our suitcases early in the morning and then had some breakfast. Our steward cleaned our new cabin first and we helped him move our stuff into our new cabin when we got back. We then stayed in our new cabin until time to leave the ship to clear immigration in Seattle.

Just leave your clothes hanging in the closet and staff (sometimes your steward, sometimes other staff) will move your suitcases (fill them with your toiletries and whatever you kept on shelves or in drawers) and clothes on hangers to your new cabin. Don't forget to empty your safe!

[quote name='IECalCruiser']We moved down two cabins and we had the same steward for both. We had emptied our our drawers into our suitcases early in the morning and then had some breakfast. Our steward cleaned our new cabin first and we helped him move our stuff into our new cabin when we got back. We then stayed in our new cabin until time to leave the ship to clear immigration in Seattle.[/QUOTE]

Just move the full drawers to your new cabin and bring the empty ones to your old cabin. No need to empty them.

I pack it all up and attach the new luggage tag.
Last B2B I was in an OV behind the IC then an aft facing balcony on another deck. Just easier all around handling one suitcase than suitcase + drawers + hangars.
Safe items were in my tote bag.

Make sure you take everything from the safe. We wore cargo shorts and carried our items in the pockets. Unfortunately, DH left his car key in the safe on our last b2b cruises. Our first cabin steward was not very helpful. DH ended up knocking on the door of our first cabin a few days into the cruise. One of the new occupants found the key for him.