MDR Lobster or Chops?

Bigtex1622

The MDR "lobster" is free - the lobster in Chops is for a fee. But there is no comparison. The MDR lobster is very small and not really much to get excited about IMO. We've had the lobster as a surf and turf type combination with our steak in Chops and both were very good.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

My DH loves the lobster in MDR and so do many other people. Of course some people don't like it - that's to be expected. I, personally, would never give anyone that much power to dissuade me from going to dinner in the MDR just because "they" didn't like something.

Take her to the MDR on the Formal Night they are serving it and decide for yourselves. You might be pleasantly surprised. :) If it's not all you hoped for, you can order something else.

I had the lobster at Chops on Freedom this past March. Seriously one of the worst tails I've ever eaten. I've had better at a Red Lobster in Colorado. Totally not worth the up charge.

I agree with your opinion Based on my own experience on Oasis. The "Somethings Special" add on lobster and steak are, in my opinion, a total rip off for an added fee of about $20.00 each on Oasis.

We come from a state where I buy my cold water lobster right off the boat. The lobsters in the MDR are not the same as cold water lobsters and they're frozen tails. Do they compare to my fresh cold water lobster? Not really but I still order them almost every cruise. I've only been served one bad lobster that looked like it burned under the broiler. The waiter took it away before I could even remove it from the shell. I've never ordered the Chops lobster.

Edited by Big_G

I am sorry, I guess I should be more specific.

I am not talking about formal night's lobster, but the one you have to pay $24.95 off the MDR menu.

But that picture of the plate from Chops, has 2 of them, and look pretty well dressed.

Is that what you get from the $24.95 MDR menu?

I read a posting here on CC, and they did not like the Lobster in the MDR.

Is the Lobster better in Chops?

Or should I just let her get another spa goodie?

Hey tex, why don't you let her make up her own mind:D

She needs to do both

Edited by setsail

I am sorry, I guess I should be more specific.

I am not talking about formal night's lobster, but the one you have to pay $24.95 off the MDR menu.

But that picture of the plate from Chops, has 2 of them, and look pretty well dressed.

Is that what you get from the $24.95 MDR menu?

The picture shown is only one Maine Lobster split in half. Not two lobsters.

The same Main lobster from Chops can be purchased in the MDR for a fee.

Edited by xxoocruiser

The picture shown is only one Maine Lobster split in half. Not two lobsters.

The same Main lobster from Chops can be purchased in the MDR for a fee.

The picture is lobster thermidor. Excellent!!!

As stated in several posts, the standard - no fee MDR lobster is a lobster tail and hardly worth calling it lobster.

Having access to all the warm water lobster in Florida all my life, I wold not pay for the Chops lobster. The MDR lobster had been very good >>>> to hockey puck and some times bad after several tries but to try and get one replaced seems to be easy. Chops, it seems, are cooked to order, taking more time and paying through the claw.

I like mine grilled with garlic butter and lemon juice anyway and I have eaten them every way known to man, even deep fried.

Is it worth the effort to eat lobster YES. but some nights ??????