Fantasy to Mobile and getting 2.0 upgrades.

Staceman225

While this is an old thread, and it was getting a bit nit picky and testy, I read through because I did book a cruise on the Fantasy out of Mobile, and then I added on another 5 days to it, to do my first back to back cruise.

A cruise is what you make of it, and where ever you go, there you are.

I wanted to verify information regarding the 2.0 upgrades-whether or not there will be a Guys Burgers (a friend from work who cruised over Christmas said that once he found guys on his last cruise, he ate no where else.) I do not have access to John Heald, or any other social network site while at work, and since I usually work 10 hour days, six days a week, I rarely go on any site other than here. So there you have it, CC is my news.

I am glad that Carnival and Mobile have worked out a deal, originally when it was posted there was mention of Panama Canal cruises, but really was never sure from where. Maybe they are starting with 4 and 5, and if the market is there, they will start doing canal cruises.

The port of Savannah will be deeper to accommodate the larger ships coming through the canal. Every one loves Savannah I have been told, perhaps, cruise ships will begin to use this port too. And keeping those older smaller (LOL) ships working, staff working, and ports working, makes me think, that while we speculate, Cruise lines are looking towards a future market.

I can't imagine CCL would every put a ship in Savannah. Charleston is 100 miles north and Jacksonville is 100 miles south. Maybe as a port visit but not a home port.

I can't imagine CCL would every put a ship in Savannah. Charleston is 100 miles north and Jacksonville is 100 miles south. Maybe as a port visit but not a home port.

That hasn't stopped other nearby ports from getting ships. I can think of 4 regions where there are multiple ports within a relatively short distance. As long as there's a passenger base big enough to support the demand, it's possible.

I've always thought that Savannah would be a fantastic port of embarkation simply because it's the absolute closest port to the largest city in the southeast, Atlanta. With a population of over 6 million just in the metro area, Savannah would make A LOT of sense for many.

Jacksonville has problems -no large ships, and getting out of port and under the Dames Point Bridge is very tide driven. Both Charleston and Jacksonville cater to smaller ships, wouldn't it be nice to have a large new ship without going all the way to Baltimore or central Florida?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Wife and I want to buy some 24 oz stainless water bottles for on and off ship use. These are the kind that hold ice for about 18 hours. Does anyone know if they are allowed? See picture (I hope)[ATTACH]392025[/ATTACH]

Yes I would make sure mine is empty when I go through security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife and I want to buy some 24 oz stainless water bottles for on and off ship use. These are the kind that hold ice for about 18 hours. Does anyone know if they are allowed? See picture (I hope)[ATTACH]392025[/ATTACH]

We love our hydroflasks! We have one for each of us (2 adults and 3 kids) and have taken them on our last 3 cruises. I did make sure they were empty going through security in NOLA, Port Canaveral, and Ft Lauderdale, and they were never even checked.

oh yeah! I 've been wanting to try the HUB! :D Can't wait! We specifically booked our Thanksgiving cruise since MOBILE is 3 hours from us. No long drives or hotel rooms...just a hop,skip and jump and shazam we are on board!

I would like to say that I love the smaller ships. Paradise is my favorite. But I feel like they aren't as crowded either! :D

• 2 weeks later...
My husband & I are booked on Nov 24 Fantasy...for those going before us, would love to hear about your experience. This is my 2nd time on Fantasy (first time 2003) but my husband's first. Thanks!!

We are booked for 9/26!!!! Can't wait only 23 days to go!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Hubby and I booked the Fantasy out of Mobile for next October ... we've never booked so far out, but got a great rate and only $50 deposit! Now we have recruited at least 3 other cabins to join us so it will be even more fun!

Can't wait to hear from those that sail before us how the upgrades work out... I'm a bit worried about the amount of space they will take up

We've sailed on her before... can't wait to go again!

Hubby and I booked the Fantasy out of Mobile for next October ... we've never booked so far out, but got a great rate and only $50 deposit! Now we have recruited at least 3 other cabins to join us so it will be even more fun!

Can't wait to hear from those that sail before us how the upgrades work out... I'm a bit worried about the amount of space they will take up

We've sailed on her before... can't wait to go again!

The upgrades were made back in February of this year. The additions just replaced existing space.

Dry Dock:*2/06/16-2/20/16*

Guy's Burger Joint (replaced Off the Grill)

Blue Iguana Cantina (replaced Mongolian Wok)

Redfrom Rum Bar (replaced pool bar)

Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (replaced pool bar)

Added Internet Cafe (computer terminals)*to the Promenade Deck

Edited by BuckeyeCruiseGuy