Price of Labadee cabanas

Richst48

So I know that this is slightly off-topic, but I wanted feedback on the over-the-water with kids. We will have 5, 8, and 10 year-old kids with us in the cabana (along with my 66-year-old Dad). How deep is the water here? Do they sell floaties or should we pack some? I read reviews of the excursion on RCL's website and a few of them mentioned having kids with them with no issues, but I'm just trying to get a picture for what to expect. Thanks!

Water is 4' - 6' deep, bring something for kids if they are not strong swimmers. It's a lagoon, so no waves

So my cruise is still charging $250 beach/ $350 over the water. The over-the-water cabanas could be booked Online for a window of about a week or so. Just yesterday they took away the option again and it says "book on board." I'm glad that I got one while I could, even at $350. It's very strange how they are playing around with the cabanas.

$100 at this point is not a big deal when we are staying at a very nice resort before the cruise and just bought ourselves the luxury of not racing out of there to the ship. I think I would have passed at $495 though.

So my cruise is still charging $250 beach/ $350 over the water. The over-the-water cabanas could be booked Online for a window of about a week or so. Just yesterday they took away the option again and it says "book on board." I'm glad that I got one while I could, even at $350. It's very strange how they are playing around with the cabanas.

$100 at this point is not a big deal when we are staying at a very nice resort before the cruise and just bought ourselves the luxury of not racing out of there to the ship. I think I would have passed at $495 though.

Even though it says "Onboard Only" for the cabanas in the cruise planner for my December cruise, it still allowed me to book/pay for a Nellie's Beach "over the water" cabana yesterday ($350)....I'm not in a suite and I agree, I would have passed on the $495!:eek:

Even though it says "Onboard Only" for the cabanas in the cruise planner for my December cruise, it still allowed me to book/pay for a Nellie's Beach "over the water" cabana yesterday ($350)....I'm not in a suite and I agree, I would have passed on the $495!:eek:

I tried it the other day and it took me to a point and then stopped...your in luck!

between the overpriced "stuff" and the rocky beaches, Labadee is looking to be a stay on the ship day to us.

Have you been there before? Not all the beaches are rocky (Adrenaline beach is our favorite) and the area is beautiful - worth a walk through. If you have been there already, staying on the ship is fun too. We have been there 3 times now and spend just a little time off the ship for the nice walk.

Just curious what the date and ship is?

Not sure, but could it be they sold out in that one week window? Wouldn't surprise me.

My sailing is the Allure New Years cruise. Allure is the only ship at Labadee that day, but is a big one. It is possible that they either sold out already or at least sold enough that they wanted to save a couple to book on board.

Honestly, the whole thing is just odd. Even when I could book online, the description still had "book on board" in parenthesis when I could clearly add it to my cart and purchase now. It seems that they are experimenting right now- trying to find the "sweet spot" for both pricing and how many to sell on board vs. in advance.

I just booked an Over the Water cabana on Nellies Beach for our 12/23/15 Serenade cruise. Even though it said "Book Onboard" I was able to add it to my shopping cart and check out for a total of $350.00.

With the removal of the Upgraded Lunch, and the price increase after Jan. 2016 this will be our last time paying for a cabana which is a shame since those in my family that can't handle the sun will have to either go back to sitting under a tree or staying onboard.

I just reserved an over water cabana on Nellie's Beach for my November cruise. I am not in a suite. The cost is $350. So this helps to confirm that the new prices start in January. $495? Yikes, that is too much IMO. $350 was painful enough.

Does anyone have recent experience with a cabana booked online? I am wondering about specific cabana assignments. Is that done on Labadee or at the Shore Excursion desk on the ship?

Thank you!

I booked an over the water for our cruise and it was (and still is) $255.75.

We did not get the option of choosing which cabana we want, but, honestly, I don't think it matters. We will take what is assigned and enjoy the day!

Good for you. That almost sounds like the price in pounds

For our December Oasis cruise, it says over the water cabanas "from $350", but when i go to add it to my cart it comes up as $395!:eek:

I think as the cabanas start to sell,Royal will just keep upping the price until nobody will purchase them and then sell the last few on the ship. It will be interesting if people start talking to other cabana renters and find out what the other ones paid for their cabana! Might be a few mad people at the shore excursion desk!!

Keith

I think as the cabanas start to sell,Royal will just keep upping the price until nobody will purchase them and then sell the last few on the ship. It will be interesting if people start talking to other cabana renters and find out what the other ones paid for their cabana! Might be a few mad people at the shore excursion desk!!

Keith

But how is that any different than the pricing structure of cabins. I'd say good for those that book early. Maybe the caveat is that you used to not be able to book them in advance

But how is that any different than the pricing structure of cabins. I'd say good for those that book early. Maybe the caveat is that you used to not be able to book them in advance

Yea but excursions "used" to be a fixed price, and maybe Royal has figured out that maybe they will price excursions like they do rooms, you have to book early to get a good price then they will continue to go up until sail time... a whole new can of worms!!!:rolleyes:

Yea but excursions "used" to be a fixed price, and maybe Royal has figured out that maybe they will price excursions like they do rooms, you have to book early to get a good price then they will continue to go up until sail time... a whole new can of worms!!!:rolleyes:

Possibly, but this really isn't an excursion. More of a short term lease

• 1 month later...
Just booked a Nellie's Beach cabana for our October 24th Oasis sailing and it's still $250 (overwater wasn't available). I guess this will be our first and last cabana.

We have a Cabana for our upcoming 8 night cruise on the NOS. This will be our last Cabana. No way we're paying the price they want. And now I hear they'recharging $50 for the clamshells. What's next? $25 to sit under a palm tree?

We have a Cabana for our upcoming 8 night cruise on the NOS. This will be our last Cabana. No way we're paying the price they want. And now I hear they'recharging $50 for the clamshells. What's next? $25 to sit under a palm tree?

Probably. And then after the palm tree charge it will be $15.00 to step foot on land. :rolleyes: