Ruby Question

LCTrippers

We’re going on the Ruby in November for the first time and have a few questions.

1. Is there Crab Shack on board anywhere? Maybe the Café Caribe?
  2. Does the Adagio on deck 16 next to Sabatini’s have entertainment or is it just a lounge?
  3. Have they started serving Curtis Stone menu items in the MDR yet?

thanks..

We’re going on the Ruby in November for the first time and have a few questions.

1. Is there Crab Shack on board anywhere? Maybe the Café Caribe?
  2. Does the Adagio on deck 16 next to Sabatini’s have entertainment or is it just a lounge?
  3. Have they started serving Curtis Stone menu items in the MDR yet?

thanks..

We just sailed on Ruby Sep 14 Vancouver to LA and had Crab Shack on the second night in the Horizon Court. It was a $20 pp add on but well worth it in our opinion. We never made it to Adagio and we had anytime dining so were never in the MDR either. Sorry, I can only answer the first question.

Edited by truckguy

Adagio is definitely a wonderful quiet comfortable place to go most anytime. The piano player in the evening plays lounge type music and is soothing to listen to. The thing about adagio is that most don't realize it is there as it is all alone with Sabatini's. Shh don't spread the word though. :D

Adagio is definitely a wonderful quiet comfortable place to go most anytime. The piano player in the evening plays lounge type music and is soothing to listen to. The thing about adagio is that most don't realize it is there as it is all alone with Sabatini's. Shh don't spread the word though. :D

We also happened upon members of the house band playing in the Adagio Lounge on the Ruby Princess - it was lovely.

I was on the Ruby recent repo cruise from Vancouver to LA. I treated myself to the Crab Shack for my birthday. It was in Cafe Caribe. I had the mixed pot and it was good :) The whole area sang Happy Birthday to me.

I was not in Adagio this time, but I have been on the Crown. It was a lovely quiet lounge when I was there. Not sure if there is entertainment at times. (Check the Patter)

I did not notice anything regarding Curtis Stone

We were on Ruby this month. Ate B'fast, lunch and dinner in MDR and it was the usual menu. I have heard that perhaps maybe the new Curtis Stone restaurant, Share, and his new menu items for the MDR might be completed early December when she is in drydock in Victoria. I will be on her right after Dry Dock and will let you know.

We were on Ruby this month. Ate B'fast, lunch and dinner in MDR and it was the usual menu. I have heard that perhaps maybe the new Curtis Stone restaurant, Share, and his new menu items for the MDR might be completed early December when she is in drydock in Victoria. I will be on her right after Dry Dock and will let you know.

Let us know for sure. We will be on the Jan 9th, 2016 Hawaii sailing and would like to know what has changed. Thanks in advance.

BTW, As you can probably see, we were on the Ruby April repositioning cruise and an August Alaska cruise this year.

Edited by ar1950

Princess' announcement info on Curtis Stone stated October was the time that some menu items in MDR would be inspired or created by him.

To the poster that mentioned not in MDR because doing AT dining .. all the DR's are MDR's and have same menu. There is also early TD in one of the mid-ship DR's as well as the aft DR having TD both early and late. All DR's have same menu.

• 3 weeks later...
What IS the Crap Shack? By the sound of it, it's an extra cost like the specialty restaurants. How is it different?

I assume you mean the Crab Shack.

Yes, it is specialty dining, usually set up some evenings in a section of the Horizon Court buffet area.

Here is the menu from the Caribbean Princess.

DSC09093mod_zps7bf95a04.jpg

I assume you mean the Crab Shack.

Yes, it is specialty dining, usually set up some evenings in a section of the Horizon Court buffet area.

Here is the menu from the Caribbean Princess.

Caribill, do you by chance have a picture of the "Fondue" menu?

Thanks for posting the Crab Shack menu, this was the first one I've seen that was easy to read.

Caribill, do you by chance have a picture of the "Fondue" menu?

Thanks for posting the Crab Shack menu, this was the first one I've seen that was easy to read.

Sorry. That is a picture I do not have.

Edited by caribill

I found this photo of the Fondue menu from the "Everything Royal" thread (I used google image search -- it works really well for finding photos of things posted here on CC):

9213796413_8b58ca1482_b.jpg

Replace the Basler Lackerli with Mandel Knuspergeback (Traditional, light and not overly sweet orange infused almond crisps) in the Desserts section and that is what was on the Fondue menu on the Ruby this last August.

Replace the Basler Lackerli with Mandel Knuspergeback (Traditional, light and not overly sweet orange infused almond crisps) in the Desserts section and that is what was on the Fondue menu on the Ruby this last August.

Thank you, I appreciate you finding this and posting it.