Would you miss this?

Topo Gigio

The lowest common denominator response on cruise critic. OP asked for opinions. you've shared yours. If you like the dancing, great. If others don't, that's fine. No need to blast people for their opinions and tell them to go away. Always such a low brow response.

Statement with the most truth on this forum.....truth hurts huh?

The lowest common denominator response on cruise critic. OP asked for opinions. you've shared yours. If you like the dancing, great. If others don't, that's fine. No need to blast people for their opinions and tell them to go away. Always such a low brow response.

Actually, if you noticed I quoted you, was not intended for others, just you.

And actually I don't care either way, not gonna affect my vacation.

I just don't understand the need to gripe or complain about it. Everyone can tell this thread is just to stir the pot, in the grand scheme of things, WHO CARES......

Actually, if you noticed I quoted you, was not intended for others, just you.

And actually I don't care either way, not gonna affect my vacation.

I just don't understand the need to gripe or complain about it. Everyone can tell this thread is just to stir the pot, in the grand scheme of things, WHO CARES......

So stop griping and complaining?

Your missing the entire point of dinner service. Dining should be savored and enjoyed. If you want to just stuff your face go to the buffet. They take the time, to prepare something to entertain us you can at least try to enjoy it. If its not your cup of tea and just want to stuff your face, there is other options.

We've always felt that the dancing and singing rushed our dinner because the waiters were hurrying to get finished. Without the dancing, perhaps the waiters could relax a little and get back to service with a smile and some time between tables.

I personally don't like the dancing, but I don't like it because if you have any time dining, the dancing could be within minutes of you walking in the dining room. I think at least with ATD it seriously hinders service. On our last cruise one evening we walked into the dining room, were seated at a table and had to sit through the entire performance before we could place our dinner order. Like I'm sorry but when I come to dinner I'm hungry. At that point I didn't care about the dancing, I just wanted to order my food. Our dinner lasted 2 hours that night. Which to me is just too long.

I do however get why people like the dancing and I can agree that it can be a nice touch for those that have traditional dining, as the dancing takes place AFTER you have eaten, or perhaps while you are finishing your dessert or a glass of wine. But, I think if it happened to the traditional people how it happened to us, maybe they would think differently.

I've always enjoyed the singing and dancing. I enjoy taking my time enjoying dinner. I would miss it--but it doesn't have to be every night.

Kerrie :)

I don't know why some people are saying every night. They don't do it every night.

My 8 day cruise last month they sang and danced 3 or 4 nights. Including that horrible sad song on the last night that I try and miss just because it's so sad. :o(

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Do they really not do it every night? We must've had bad luck with the MDR then or maybe that is new?

I have never seen anything but smiles and laughs from the crew AND the guests. If you don't like it go to another line that doesn't do it.

I'm not gonna have as stroke, haha, its just why does everyone gripe and expect Carnival to change for them??? There ARE other options if you don't like it.

The question was asked if it would be missed, and those of us who dislike it expressed our dislike. I prefer CCL overall (quite a bit) for other reasons but dislike this one facet, which seems tacky, old-fashioned, and demeaning to the excellent CCL staff. I never threw a fit or expected Carnival to change for me - and neither did anyone else on here. CCL has implemented lots of changes recently and over the years so it's not impossible to imagine this changing too at some future date and that was the hypothetical conversation this post was meant to discuss.

Why does it offend you that some CCL guests would like to see this changed? No one was pissy about it - just stated opinions. No one said "I WILL NEVER SAIL CARNIVAL AGAIN BECAUSE OF THE UNCOMFORTABLE DANCING!" but many simply challenged the notion that there aren't guests on board who dislike it (I've never seen people all smiley and happy during it besides little children and the 10% of waiters who are either good enough actors to fake it or truly enjoy it, BUT I don't disbelieve your experience per se - we just have had different ones).

But there's no harm in discussing it. No decisions are made on CC forums. I assume CCL will look into this issue with feedback systems if they actually care, which they very well may not. If they look into it to see if guests object to this and find it tacky or whatever - Either the majority will not - and they won't change it - or the majority will and they eventually will change it or the majority won't care and they'll do whatever they want.

Personally, I'll still drag DH (it does bother HIM to a large degree but he also likes CCL overall) to the MDR and deal with it just like I have been. It would be nice if we knew precisely when it was to avoid, but we seem to have bad luck with that (YTD, so can't "leave before dessert") as it never seems the same time each night.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by berrieh

I like the dancing.

I don't twirl my napkin or get up - I look like a bit of a fuddy-duddy while it's happening but I do enjoy the "fun" atmosphere. It's something I miss on other lines (in fact, we and our tablemates on our last Celebrity cruise both noted that the MDR wasn't as engaging as on Carnival).

Agreed! Don't see the reason to have such disdain for this. Gee are people really to uptight to just enjoy and go with the flow on a VACATION??? Its a freaking cruise....

Here's an idea, EAT, and leave before the dancing starts!! There are other dessert options on the ship, OH WAIT, you want your FREE dessert you "Paid" for? Then suck it up buttercup!

Sorry for the rant, many of the posters on here are just like society now days... Just gripe and complain about anything/everything instead of being happy for what they have......you COULD be at home where you don't have to worry if anyone is singing/dancing at dinner time....

Actually, on my last Valor cruise, the entrees didn't appear until 10 minutes after the waitstaff "entertainment" had ended. A full 45 minutes had elapsed each night between appetizer and entree, and there was nothing to eat for that time. My table just waited it out

I noted this on the after cruise survey. One of the worst MDR experiences I've had in my 153 sea days with Carnival.

So your comment about waiting for a free dessert is nonsense. We were waiting for our DINNER!

I understand. It's just depressing to read the boards when 90% of the posts/comments are complaints/concerns/gripes/negative opinions about something.....

It's called Cruise Critic and each member is entitled to their opinion. I think you have been long enough around to know that.

When else can I drop it like it's hot with the servers & the breadbasket guy? They generally frown upon that at my neighborhood Olive Garden.

I'd miss it for sure. Keep on dancing.

Post of the month goes to you!!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ...TBH, dancing with them will be the most action I've seen in awhile so I say- keep dancing. [emoji23]

I'm indifferent to it but always hope the waiters don't mind doing it too much. Its only 5 minutes of my meal time and without fail it always seems to happen when my main course is already sat there so I can chomp away and watch.

No problems with delayed meals as I am European and long relaxed dinner times are great.

I suppose the problem would be that if it was once during a cruise quite a few folk would miss it. Thats unless they did on formal night or put it in the fun times.

Edited by Velvetwater