IOS Ship Lock Down in San Juan

kford0405

Anyone remember a dozen years or so ago when a teen girl was on a cruise with her family, didn't want to be there, wanted to be home with her boyfriend, and left a bomb threat in a bathroom, hoping that they would turn the ship around and return home?

Really, what punishment did they bestow on this angel.

Sorry if you misunderstood, I wasn't doubting you, just surprised it wasn't reported in the press, or if so that I missed it.

It was in 2003

Here is one article on it

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/may/01/local/me-cruise1

Two year sentence

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2003/09/23/woman-arrested-for-cruise-ship-threats-sentenced-to-two-years.html

Edited by AdrenalineRush

Wow, what a story. I wasn't a member on CC then this happened. I feel sorry for the parents as a seemingly good girl went wrong. I wonder if her "boyfriend" was waiting her release from jail.;):rolleyes: I doubt it for some reason.

Thanks, that's why I didn't remember it. I've only been on Cruise Critic for 10 years.

I am inboard Indy now. I was on an excursion when another passenger got a text from a friend. Her friend had just gotten back to the ship and was told nobody was allowed to board.

We got back from our excursion at 7:30. I waited in a long line and got back on around 8:10. I made it back to the cabin in time to change for my 8:30 reservation at Chops.

The captain announced that they were dealing with a "security concern". The cruise director, Ricky, said at the show that the captain was dealing with a security issue on shore and that the local authorities decided that nobody would be allowed to embark or disembark. He said that he was not privy to any details. However, a bartender, a member of the activities staff (doing trivia), and the Elton John tribute headliner all mentioned a guy who called in a bomb threat.

Anyone remember a dozen years or so ago when a teen girl was on a cruise with her family, didn't want to be there, wanted to be home with her boyfriend, and left a bomb threat in a bathroom, hoping that they would turn the ship around and return home?

Yes, I remember. She got arrested on a terrorism charge. Not sure if she was actually prosecuted. Probably not. [emoji57]

Hope all is well on Indy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QueensChick

1). I wonder whatever happened to the girl who got arrested and apparently spent time in jail? Good story for Oprah's "Where Are They Now".

2). What a stupid thing to do. Almost everyone who makes a threat like that gets caught (eg: the girl mentioned above). DW works in a school; some years back they received this threat: "Ther is a bom in the school". They caught the kid - he sent the threat from his own E-Mail account.:rolleyes:

Remember that -- hope she was banned from cruising for life.

Now I remember more about the incident -- wonder if she served all the prison time.

I remember reading that the boyfriend was directing her actions via email or maybe phone or texts.

Edited by SherriZ366

DW works in a school; some years back they received this threat: "Ther is a bom in the school". They caught the kid - he sent the threat from his own E-Mail account.:rolleyes:

It's too bad he wanted so badly to avoid school. Maybe if he spent more time in class he could have learned how to spell words correctly in his terrorist notes.