cruise clothe shopping

Jeff&Mel

I wear whatever summer clothes I have...I don't buy special "cruise clothes"....as it's totally not needed!

Well it would be necessary if you have lost weight like I have and nothing that you have fits you properly :)

Well it would be necessary if you have lost weight like I have and nothing that you have fits you properly :)

Congrats!!! Shop til you drop :D I love buying new stuff for a cruise. Part of the fun. I have found some great items through Chadwicks. Conservative but cute sun dresses.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I agree with CB:o I don't buy special clothing for travel. But if you need to shop *in general* because your body has changed (congratulations!!!) I would still shop in the places I normally shop.

I buy a LOT of stuff at Sierra Trading Post. While they got their start and seem to be mostly known for outdoors gear (camping, hiking etc) they have a lot of stuff I get for work too :D But I like their prices on wicking clothing, which is great for hot weather casual trips, and also base layers for cool weather trips.

I love the knit and the linen dresses from JJill. They hold up well over time and don't pill (some are "shapeless" and others are fitted). I get nice® stuff at Nordstrom (esp during Anniversary and Clearance sales). Lands End for swimsuits - I love their bra sizing on some tops and the ability to buy separates. I usually get a few colored tops and then mix/match with solid swim shorts.

When I was losing weight a couple years ago, I reacquainted myself with the local thrift & consignment stores and had a lot of fun doing that!

Bealls is awesome! I'm going to be taking my clothing in for this cruise coming. I'm at 22 pounds as of this morning and hoping for a little more by January. I'll have a few days in Florida before we go on the cruise, so hoping I can get to Bealls to try a few things on!

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I agree with CB:o I don't buy special clothing for travel. But if you need to shop *in general* because your body has changed (congratulations!!!) I would still shop in the places I normally shop.

I buy a LOT of stuff at Sierra Trading Post. While they got their start and seem to be mostly known for outdoors gear (camping, hiking etc) they have a lot of stuff I get for work too :D But I like their prices on wicking clothing, which is great for hot weather casual trips, and also base layers for cool weather trips.

I love the knit and the linen dresses from JJill. They hold up well over time and don't pill (some are "shapeless" and others are fitted). I get nice® stuff at Nordstrom (esp during Anniversary and Clearance sales). Lands End for swimsuits - I love their bra sizing on some tops and the ability to buy separates. I usually get a few colored tops and then mix/match with solid swim shorts.

When I was losing weight a couple years ago, I reacquainted myself with the local thrift & consignment stores and had a lot of fun doing that!

Thanks!! Wow Jjill.com has super cute stuff! I never heard of this company before :)

I love the website for Free People but they are very pricey. I don't shop much on-line at all. It's pretty rare. I love to go out shopping and check things out, try things on, etc. I love the whole deal.

I always buy something new whenever I'm going somewhere...it just makes it special for me even though if you saw my closets you'd know I more clothing or accessories like I need another hole in my head! LOL!