Passengers in their early 20s aboard Celebrity Equinox

canadiansailor1994

Hi I am 21 years old and my parents are considering taking me on a 9 day cruise aboard the Celebrity Equinox on January 2nd. I have never been on Celebrity before and I am wondering if their would be anybody on board this cruise my age or would I be bored like crazy on the ship. I am also worried because this cruise is after new years. Please let me know your opinions thanks.

Hi I am 21 years old and my parents are considering taking me on a 9 day cruise aboard the Celebrity Equinox on January 2nd. I have never been on Celebrity before and I am wondering if their would be anybody on board this cruise my age or would I be bored like crazy on the ship. I am also worried because this cruise is after new years. Please let me know your opinions thanks.

My wife and were on the Equinox last April and found that the average age of people on the ship were 50+. That doesn't mean that there were no people 21 or younger because there were some. With your sailing at a holiday time, I would bet that there would be a larger number of people closer to your age. That said, I didn't see any sad faces (young or old) on the ship. There is something for everyone. Just because we're a little older doesn't mean we can't party too. We just have to pace ourselves.

canadian sailor - I am hurt. Are you suggesting that I would be boring? Grandparents can be a lot of fun, especially when they are on a holiday. LOL. DW and I were teachers and find chronological age (over about 20) makes little or no difference, but to answer your question: 7 days and shorter cruises have younger people on the cruise. Caribbean, Alaska, and holiday cruises have younger and family groups. LOTS of them. Would guess you would have 100+ people in their 20s or more. Don't worry. Enjoy.

The fact that it is right after New Years may be a plus as there might be college age kids but not younger kids, as colleges may be on break but public schools not. Then again, the longer cruises tend to have fewer younger people. Could you bring a friend?

My guess is that there may be few under 25 on the cruise, but it is hard to say.

What do you enjoy doing? If there are few people your age on board, or few singles, can you make lemonade out of lemons?

The holiday sailing would likely be full of younger people, but is a lot more expensive.

Took our 24 year old daughter on an 11 night cruise last November. We had a great time "hanging" together. We were traveling with friends who also had their 24 year old daughter as well but the girls hung out with us old people more so than each other. To answer you question, the demographic is not the same as a Carnival cruise (yes I have cruised Carnival) so the odds of a large group of singles in their early twenties are not real high but this will be an excellent opportunity to spend quality time with Mom and Dad.

On this sailing and expecting that there will be few under 25 year olds. "Bored like crazy" is relative and all about what you want to do. I was a 21 year old that was super happy with a book, a view of the ocean, a drink and fun company. If that's you, you will enjoy it. If you want to be up partying and drinking all night with a big group... I'd consider another line.

Why not go over to the roll call and ask if there are others your age?

Equally, as another post said 9 days rest, relaxation and sunshine is tempting even if it does mean spending time with mum and dad!

We tend to find the age group on any celebrity cruise we have been on to be more 40+. I think there are many cruise lines more suited to early 20's. Celebrity is perfect for us but it wouldn't have been my choice when I was 21. Saying that a holiday is what you make it and it will be time with your parents to enjoy and celebrity is a great cruise line.

Age is only a number that limits or restricts what you can or can't do. There are a number of us "old timers" (me included) that would actually rather spend our time hanging with the younger crowd if they'll have us.

Not bragging, but on most of the cruises I've been on, I party with the "under 30" bunch and drink quite a few of them under the table (remember, we have years of experience). I would much rather go parasailing or doing body shots of tequila out of a senoritas belly button than I would sit around and discuss world economic issues or the stock market.

We found the mood of Celebrity Equinox a little too 'sedate' for us this summer (we are late twenties). There were quite a lot of couples our age on board and a lot of families too.

There seemed to be a lot going on at first then the entertainment just dropped mid cruise and it always seemed like a party/dance party had a vibe for about 30 minutes then just died.

Don't, get me wrong we enjoyed our cruise and had a wonderful time but the mood didn't quite suit us. We are not drunken party louts but we do like good energy on a holiday as well as people staying up well into the night. Oddly enough the pool on sea days was full of loud music and screaming kids which wasn't too great either.

However, New Years should have a good spirit going and if anyone in my family offered me a free cruise I would take it...even if it was on Fred Olsen or something.

Have fun!

Edited by Velvetwater

Not too many your age and we found it boring. Once was enough for us and we are much older than 21.