Embarkation Lunch

rbflyer

Everything on Lido will be open: the regular buffet (check out both lines; there's a regular one and a comfort kitchen one; they have different options. A menu is usually posted next to the plates), pizza, deli, Guy's Burgers, the Blue Iguana Cantina (burritos and tacos), and the Fish & Chips up the stairs on 10.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

23 TIMES ON CARNIVAL and when I go aboard I head to the LIDO for the MONGOLIAN WOK. IMHO IT IS THE BEST MEAL ON THE SHIP.(if you like Asian food) It opens at 1130 on first day and NOON on other days including in port days.

SEA YA ENJOY It is rather spicy so ask for "medium" the first time.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

23 TIMES ON CARNIVAL and when I go aboard I head to the LIDO for the MONGOLIAN WOK. IMHO IT IS THE BEST MEAL ON THE SHIP.(if you like Asian food)

I don't think Conquest has the Mongolian Wok, but I agree it's where I go for embarkation lunch when available.

On the Conquest here are your options on embarkation day:

Lunch Time: 12:00pm-2:30pm (hours may vary)

Hot and Cold Buffet / Specialty Stations: Buffet featuring pastas, stir-fry, carving station - choices may vary among the fleet

Salad Bar: Elaborate salad bar featuring 35 items

Chef’s Choice: Featuring a different International cuisine each day

Carnival Deli: (11:00am-11:00pm) Deli Sandwiches piled-high and favorite sides

Fish N' Chips: Fish N' Chips and seafood selections

Comfort Kitchen: Featuring a tempting array of American-style ‘comfort food’ entrees and side dishes

Pizza Pirate: (open 24 hours) Pizzeria offering five varieties of hand-tossed style pizza

Desserts: Variety of desserts including sugar-free selections

BlueIguana Cantina Location: Lido Deck 9 - midship

Hours: 7:30am-10:30am; 12:00pm-2:30pm

Function: Food Service

• Featuring complimentary, freshly-made tacos and burritos with homemade tortillas, chips and salsa; breakfast burritos served during the morning hours.

Guy’s Burger Joint Location: Lido Deck 9 - midship

Hours: 12:00pm-6:00pm

Function: Food Service

• Featuring complimentary, the appetizing appeal of a roadside burger shack, hot burgers and hand-cut fries, from the bestselling author, restaurateur and Food Network personality, Guy Fieri

AHOY SHIPMATES,

23 TIMES ON CARNIVAL and when I go aboard I head to the LIDO for the MONGOLIAN WOK. IMHO IT IS THE BEST MEAL ON THE SHIP.(if you like Asian food) It opens at 1130 on first day and NOON on other days including in port days.

SEA YA ENJOY It is rather spicy so ask for "medium" the first time.

The Conquest does not have a Mongolian Wok.

Fish 'n Chips is great! You just have to look for it. Upstairs from the buffet.

I always recommend this the first day (or pasta on the Dream class) because people don't find it yet so it's nice and chill usually!

glad I'm not the only one who would use "feeding frenzy" to describe lunch on embarkation day...I hate going to the buffet then...how crowded are Guy's and Blue Iguana on embarkation day? is there separate seating or is it all the same for any food on Lido?

They're both located outside by the pool. So seating is where you can find it. Could always bring it upstairs where the fish and chips place is. First day it's rare to have a crowd up there.

Edited by SadieN

DH and I second the idea of Guy's - my husband is in LOVE with these burgers. And, because they are easily portable, you can grab it, hit the fixins station and then find a spot anywhere. In my experience, people do not tend to find the back of the ship (usually outside) at least for the first few meals and if you are willing to navigate the herd to get there, you will find a nice place to sit.