B2B on Pride of America NCL , good idea ?

jolgro

My husband and me are thinking of doing a B2B on Pride of America.

We are from Europe, and the flight from Amsterdam is too long for just one week.

Is there enough to see and do on all the Islands to do this cruise twice ?

On wich of the ports is it easy to just walk from the pier to town and just stroll around or go to a beach

Johanna

The plus would be that as the ship repeats the ports identically each week, you could do different things in each port on the separate visits.

The minus is that the ship visits the exact same ports in the same order....

Many here(like us) will suggest you do the week cruise, followed by 3 or 4 days on Oahu and 3 or 4 days on Maui, or some other variation of a land tour.

If you look down the board, each port is covered extensively with all the options- walking, public transit, private tours, highlights, etc.

We are from Europe, and the flight from Amsterdam is too long for just one week.

On wich of the ports is it easy to just walk from the pier to town and just stroll around or go to a beach

Johanna

There is way more to see and do on the islands than can be covered in one or two port days, but you can see a lot, especially if you have a rental car to get you around inexpensively vs taking only tours. But even with 2 days in a port, it comes down to choices, so a b2b would be wonderful in providing extra days for those thing you did not get to the first time around.

But, you might compare the cost of the second week as a land vacation on Oahu ( or another island ) rather than a second cruise. We did nearly a therein Oahu after our cruise, and there were still things we could have found to have done. We did a few days in Waikiki and then drove up to the very scenic Northshore and Windward Coast for a few days. You can't go wrong with two weeks, no matter how you choose to spend them in Hawaii.

We are planning on spending a few days on Oahu pre-cruise. Post cruise will be land based and we will probably head to Kona for about 4 days then about 8 days on Maui which will include day trips to Molokai and Lanai.

Johanna

We will be doing a Hawaii cruise for the 2nd time next month and plan to see sites that we missed the first time. I would not hesitate to do a B2B if cost was not an issue. I would add a couple of days in Honolulu pre/post cruise for the major sites but I prefer the "slower pace" of the other islands.

Edited by lamchops

Johanna

I find the "ports- easy to just walk to town/beach" -idea- hardly worth going anywhere in Hawaii twice. Don't you want more? Have you looked at what is available in EACH port? Each is very different from the other. Although NCL is the winner with a Hawaii itinerary. I suggest you look further. It isn't a simple answer, as there are many places to go to.

An example of what I do- is I fly into Hawaii a week early (meaning Kona ISLAND of Hawaii), I then spend my week working my way over to Hilo- where I fly out of to Honolulu day of cruise. I stay on Oahu a few days, then fly to Maui for another week, then leave. I've done this the last 3 years. Works out for my "Hawaii" priorities.

I wouldn't waste my time- just wandering around the ports- a car rental opens up a WHOLE LOT MORE, at a very reasonable cost. So much of Hawaii is drive up beauty, not costing anything after the cheap car rental and gas.

Edited by Budget Queen

• 4 weeks later...

We are doing 5 days in Honolulu. We rented a condo, a truck and plan on seeing pearl harber, hiking diamond head seeing the falls doing a luau and driving to north shore and beach time. We hope ti find some surf completitions to watch. Then embark on the pride of america. Its really up to you and how you want to go about it its your vacation.