American Express cardholders, check your AMEX offers - 125 back on 500 with Celebrity

JasonV1

Yes, I've done that, once or twice a day, and yes I've contacted CS to see if they would add it. I was told "you are not eligible for unsolicited offers". If you read through the thread you'll noticed I posted I'm quite familiar with the Amex offers and use them anytime something good we can use comes up. Thanks for trying to help though. ;)

I've got a couple of Celebrity cruises coming up that I could take advantage of this if it was available, oh well.

I did, in fact, read through the thread. I apologize for missing your particular saga. I'll not respond to you going forward. My bad.

I did, in fact, read through the thread. I apologize for missing your particular saga. I'll not respond to you going forward. My bad.

I wasn't intending to be rude, sorry if you took it that way. Just have a fault of being direct.

If you scroll dwon to the bottom of your AE page after logging in, you will see a few offers. Go across until those 4-6 offers end and you will see a get more offers box or some wording like that. I clicked that and more appeared.

I have the offer attached to my AMEX Gold Premier Rewards Card. It is not being offered with my JetBlue AMEX credit card. I called my TA to have them put 500$ of our final payment for our January cruise on the Reflection tomorrow. Very happy to have seen the posting for this on CC and FB!

Does it work only if you didn't pay final payment for the cruise? We have an offer but we already paid in full (cruise in November).

Any ideas how to use it?

Yes, I'd call your TA or Celebrity if you booked through them and buy yourself $500 of OBC, if you'll use that much. I'm pretty sure you only need to charge $500 to Celebrity, then the $125 credit will go back to your card, not as an OBC.

This is the way other Amex offers work.

Yes, I'd call your TA or Celebrity if you booked through them and buy yourself $500 of OBC, if you'll use that much. I'm pretty sure you only need to charge $500 to Celebrity, then the $125 credit will go back to your card, not as an OBC.

This is the way other Amex offers work.

Thank you. We'll give it a try. I can ALWAYS find the way to use $500 OBC onboard. Just ask my husband! :D

I was making final payment for a cruise today and was disappointed that offer did not appear on my Gold or Plat cards. I called AMEX and they said that they were sending out this offer in "bunches" ie. I would receive it in several months.

That sounds like a good reason to book another cruise!!!!

BILL

That sounds like a good reason to book another cruise!!!!

BILL

Yes, agreed. If AMEX was reporting correctly and my offer shows up this year I may also be able to by 500 OBC using the offer and receiving refund of non used portion which would be a great deal also.

Details

Get a one-time $125 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $500 or more to purchase a Celebrity Cruise at celebritycruises.com between 10/5/15 and 11/5/15. See terms for exclusions.

Note that you have to use the (full-fare) Celebrity.com website to get the offer. You could probably get this discount or more using any number of (reputable) discount websites.

In my opinion, there's not much there - there.

Edited by jasmith52

Note that you have to use the (full-fare) Celebrity.com website to get the offer. You could probably get this discount or more using any number of (reputable) discount websites.

You can also make a payment on any existing reservation, so long as you do it on Celebrity website - no new booking necessary.

There is no need to do this through the Celebrity website. I had my TA put through a pre-payment on an existing reservation, and I got the credit from Amex with no problems. So there is definitely a "there" there -- this offer is on top of whatever bennies you get from your TA.

We linked our AMEX card to the promo last week. Yesterday we booked a cruise and deposited ($500) with a Travel Agent. Within a couple of hours of paying the deposit, we had an email from AMEX acknowledging the purchase and confirming the $125 statement credit would appear on our account.

OK - Good Deal ! I stand corrected. You can get the credit even though the OP's linked offer terms suggest otherwise.

The terms the OP posted are as follows:

Details

Get a one-time $125 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $500 or more to purchase a Celebrity Cruise at celebritycruises.com between 10/5/15 and 11/5/15. See terms for exclusions.

Terms

Offer valid for online reservations, via phone, and via travel agent only. Spend on board not included. Excludes transfer/transportation to the ship.

The terms the OP posted are as follows:

Details

Terms

Offer valid for online reservations, via phone, and via travel agent only. Spend on board not included. Excludes transfer/transportation to the ship.

If you are suggesting that their description is consistent, I still disagree.

Celebrity.com is not the same as Celebrity cruises and therein lies the confusion. The part of the "terms" offer that reads "at celebritycruises.com" may suggest that other venues (ie. not celebrity.com) wouldn't be available for the offer.

Evidently though this is not the case and my interpretation is full of beans.

If you are suggesting that their description is consistent, I still disagree.

Celebrity.com is not the same as Celebrity cruises and therein lies the confusion. The part of the "terms" offer that reads "at celebritycruises.com" may suggest that other venues (ie. not celebrity.com) wouldn't be available for the offer.

Evidently though this is not the case and my interpretation is full of beans.

No, your interpretation is not full of beans! I just wanted to make sure people know they can book through a Travel Agent and still qualify for the promotion. ;)