Price Drops?

jules815

From what I know, NO they will do it automtically. You have to check and call them to ask for a price adjustment or call your Travel Agent to do it if you are doing business with a TA.

Edited by Dakkar

Automatically? No. Confusing posts above. You or your TA need to ask.

I note the price drops are normally in the few days AFTER final payment is due. You can redo then but you lose your deposit amount - the FULL contract amount, not a promotional reduced amount if you paid that. Usually it does not come out well. The deal that works is if X has higher grade cabins they will let you upgrade for a often a very small amount. In that case you do not lose your deposit.

From what I know, NO they will do it automtically. You have to check and call them to ask for a price adjustment or call your Travel Agent to do it if you are doing business with a TA.

Oups sorry I mean not automatically! My mistake

Yes they will, but you also will only get the perks being offered at that time if they are different from what you have.

I did a price adjustment yesterday because of a price drop on a cruise I booked 10 months ago. I had the 123 offer. I did not lose any of the three perks. Surprise. Saved big and kept the perks. Very happy.

Edited by ozark74

I did a price adjustment yesterday because of a price drop on a cruise I booked 10 months ago. I had the 123 offer. I did not lose any of the three perks. Surprise. Saved big and kept the perks. Very happy.

Wonderful! With Celebrity direct, or thru a TA? How far out from final are you?

How much was your price reduction p.p.? We received a price reduction yesterday ( we had booked under the 123 All Inclusive) and we had to give up one of our perks. We spoke directly with Celebrity and you can only get the current promo BIG, Better, BEST if you want the price reduction. Anyone else able to keep all their booking perks under the 123 All Inclusive when they asked for a price reduction currently?

First of all, it is up to us the passengers to look for price drops, TAs and X won't do it for you. Second, if you find one, call who ever you booked with and ask. You never know. The rule of thumb is if you have great perks you may likely lose some of them with what is basicly a new booking. We did a Baltic cruise last May/June and a few weeks after we booked it the price dropped about $100 and a call to the TA got us that new price without giving up any perks. Fast forward 4 more weeks, still well before the final payment and the price of our 1A dropped $1500...Called out TA and they worked it out to keep our Classic Bev package, keep our $300 in OBC but we had to give up one of our two pre-paid grats that the TA was providing because their commission was going way down too...so our net savings on the big drop was about $1300. Sweet deal but we had to be pro-active to find it and chase it. Our current cruises, AU/NZ next month, Alaska next year and Spain/Portugal/Italy later next year seem to be selling very well so I don't expect to see any drops but I do keep looking.. Oh, one last thought, join the roll call for our trip and watch it, lots of folks there watching prices and sharing deals..

First of all, it is up to us the passengers to look for price drops, TAs and X won't do it for you. Second, if you find one, call who ever you booked with and ask. You never know. The rule of thumb is if you have great perks you may likely lose some of them with what is basicly a new booking. We did a Baltic cruise last May/June and a few weeks after we booked it the price dropped about $100 and a call to the TA got us that new price without giving up any perks. Fast forward 4 more weeks, still well before the final payment and the price of our 1A dropped $1500...Called out TA and they worked it out to keep our Classic Bev package, keep our $300 in OBC but we had to give up one of our two pre-paid grats that the TA was providing because their commission was going way down too...so our net savings on the big drop was about $1300. Sweet deal but we had to be pro-active to find it and chase it. Our current cruises, AU/NZ next month, Alaska next year and Spain/Portugal/Italy later next year seem to be selling very well so I don't expect to see any drops but I do keep looking.. Oh, one last thought, join the roll call for our trip and watch it, lots of folks there watching prices and sharing deals..

X will not do it automatically, but a good TA will be on the lookout for price drops and will contact you quickly if it comes up and ask if you want to take the chance of losing any perks by repricing. Mine does it every time and has saved me big bucks on previous cruises.

Steve

We had booked with 123 and called for price match due to large drop. They didn't say our offer changed but when I called yesterday to upgrade our drink package she said "you don't have one". When they put in the new codes drink package gone. So I gave up the onboard credits and switched to the drinks. FYI my documents showed all 3. But she said no drinks that it was a glitch.

Gail

I'd be furious!

I'd also like to know who you booked with. I've been told no price drop and keep all 3 perks. We would have to lose one to get a $600 drop. :(

Ease

Automatically? No. Confusing posts above. You or your TA need to ask.

I note the price drops are normally in the few days AFTER final payment is due. You can redo then but you lose your deposit amount - the FULL contract amount, not a promotional reduced amount if you paid that. Usually it does not come out well. The deal that works is if X has higher grade cabins they will let you upgrade for a often a very small amount. In that case you do not lose your deposit.

I have never been notified about a decrease in the cabin rate. I watch the rates and have some apps that notify me if there is a price drop. I have had some TAs give me OBC when there has been a rate decrease and that worked out well. I always ask....all they can tell me is no.

Marion