Majestic Princess

Pam in CA

Pam,

Thanks for the info! As someone already mentioned, I too had heard the rumors of the Sky Princess name here on CC, but do think that the Majestic Princess is a better name.

Happy Cruising!!!

Mark

Does the fact that it is purpose built for the Asian market, and home ported there, mean we won't see her over here at all?

Never say never, because re-fits are always an option (the way Diamond was transformed). But during the time that it sails as a purpose-built ship for the Chinese market, it is hard to imagine that it would gain any traction as an option for Caribbean or European itineraries.

Not bad and fits with the others but I personally think for a Chinese-centric ship that "Imperial Princess" would have been a little better.

Imperial Princess!

I like it!

I'm thinking Imperial Princess would have especially bad connotations in China because of "Imperial Japan" in WWII.

• 4 weeks later...
I believe it was a chosen name that Asian cruises polled picked.

The article indicates the name was chosen by Princess' "global" employees. I doubt, however, that the employees simply submitted random names - there must have been a list. Since they are designing for the Chinese market, they could have named it something that represents China or the Chinese culture.

She won't be in my backyard, but as I say...sometimes I wonder about Princess.

The article indicates the name was chosen by Princess' "global" employees. I doubt, however, that the employees simply submitted random names - there must have been a list. Since they are designing for the Chinese market, they could have named it something that represents China or the Chinese culture.

What would you suggest that fits the Royal theme?

She will also carry a Chinese name on the hull selected by Carnival China employees "Sheng Shi Gong Zhu Hao" which translates approximately to "Grand World" or "Grand Spirit"