Diamond benefits

cavydad

I think a lot of what CA Level gets what is based on what ship, and how many of each level normally cruise on that ship. There are some iteneraries that get Hundreds of Diamond, Hundreds of diamond plus and a few dozen Pinnacles on a vision class ship (Example).

Its hard for the ship to give Diamond and above the preferred departure, etc when a third of the ship is eligible for it. (Meaning 800people on some sailings). At that point RCCL would get complaints that the Priority line is too long etc. On the Freedom, for example, they don't even give Diamond Plus priority departure (Unless it has changed with the New Concierge and New Guest Services Manager)

Whereas an Alaska trip that gets well less than 100 Diamond and above cruisers would be easy to accommodate everyone.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

My husband and I are Diamond members who will be cruising on Anthem. The internet package is $225 for 2 devices. Is the $40 discount per room or per person?

Per person. However, you can only apply one discount per package, so check if two packages for one device each is less expensive because you can apply a $40 discount to each.

The Diamond discount is $30 for a packge or one 24 hour period of unlimited. I don't believe there are packages for "minutes" anymore. The minimum you can buy is 24 hours of unlimited. However, I've seen some reports of 30 minutes (continuous) being sold for $10 on the last day for checking into flights.

Thanks - I wanted the 1hr package that I can log into, and out of, for just a few minutes at a time. Hopefully that is still offered for $30/$40

Edited by little britain

Thanks - I wanted the 1hr package that I can log into, and out of, for just a few minutes at a time. Hopefully that is still offered for $30/$40

I believe only continuous periods of time are offered now, no more packages of minutes that you can use over the entire cruise.

That's what really bothers me. Having one hour a piece each for the DH and myself spread out over the total length of the cruise was perfect to check daily emails. Who is going to sit for 24 hours straight on the computer for one single day?

Don't like the new internet package thing at all. :(

Just moved up to diamond - do we get bath robes in cabin?

You should have been getting bath robes since you were Platinum. If you don't have them, speak to your stateroom attendant.

Edited by clarea

We haven't done this yet, but my research indicates it will work. My wife and I are both Diamond, as is my brother and his wife. We plan to to each use our free day of internet one at a time staggering the 4 days to cover the whole week, say noon Monday through Tuesday noon will be one 24 hr period covering 2 days. We will each login for alternating periods, even hours for us and odd hours for DB and wife, for example.

All 7 days are covered so everyone can check email and FB as necessary during our turn. If it's just you and spouse, you can still do a similar arrangement, but can only cover 4 days with your 2 free periods. Buying one additional 24 hr plan would let you cover all but the first day. I'll be trying this out on our Oasis b2b in February 16.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to ask what seems to be a silly question, but although I'm Diamond, I haven't been on a RCI ship for almost ten years; going on the Allure in January with someone who's never cruised RCI before.

Will I be able to bring him with me to any of the special Diamond events, or (if there is one on Allure) to the lounge? I know the website says no friends or family, but I wasn't sure whether that applied to people in the same cabin (versus family and friends traveling in separate cabins). TIA -

Sorry to ask what seems to be a silly question, but although I'm Diamond, I haven't been on a RCI ship for almost ten years; going on the Allure in January with someone who's never cruised RCI before.

Will I be able to bring him with me to any of the special Diamond events, or (if there is one on Allure) to the lounge? I know the website says no friends or family, but I wasn't sure whether that applied to people in the same cabin (versus family and friends traveling in separate cabins). TIA -

The only people allowed in Diamond events and venues are those who have attained Diamond status or better. Being a cabinmate (unless you are in a GS or better) does not convey perks on Royal.

Edited by clarea

The only people allowed in Diamond events and venues are those who have attained Diamond status or better. Being a cabinmate (unless you are in a GS or better) does not convey perks on Royal.

They could always get married or become a domestic partner and then they are in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

[quote name='Motorman23']They could always get married or become a domestic partner and then they are in.
[/quote]
That's true, all they need to do is have the same residence address, call C&A, and declare themselves "significant others" to each other. Edited by clarea

Leaving on Anthem soon- does anyone know if the evening drinks on you card is still in place for Diamond and above? I think it was for 3 drinks each evening in certain bars during the Diamond Club 5 to 8 get together in the Diamond Lounge. Thanks, Jim

[quote name='jor3334']Leaving on Anthem soon- does anyone know if the evening drinks on you card is still in place for Diamond and above? I think it was for 3 drinks each evening in certain bars during the Diamond Club 5 to 8 get together in the Diamond Lounge. Thanks, Jim[/quote]
Yes, still in place.