Oceania Nautica Cape Town to Singapore

Drjeffbrookline

And we were with Tanny18 and PaulMCO and had fantastic experiences in places we would never visit on land trips, despite the recurrence of DH's medical issues. We took private tours organized by Tanny18 and when we could no longer do those, we just took Tuk Tuks and saw what we could.

We treasure the memories made on this trip and the people we met, both fellow passengers and locals.

Special thanks to Tanny18 for finding a replacement for us on her tours and to Paul and his amazing wife MC for their help when DH had his problem. It was a VERY special cruise with very special people in an amazing part of the world.

My adventurous spouse and I did this cruise in 2014 and had a great time. We enjoyed a variety of private tours arranged through the CC Roll Call, and even a few O tours. Lots of wonderful fellow cruisers, especially from Australia and the UK, who we still remain in contact with. I have not personally read any negative reviews, but I'm sure there are some - it is not easy to satisfy everyone all the time. There are quite a few sea days, but we enjoyed these as well. I'd actually like to do the west coast of Africa cruise (CPT - MIA or LIS - CPT), but spouse says no dice!

I want to know a few things from all of you who kindly responded.

Is the cruise worth the cost?

Did you have enough time to enjoy the port stops particularly the Maldives and Seychelles?

If I go do I need to arrange private tours?

I have already been to South Africa is this too redundant?

Finally I am looking at a different cruise that spends more time in the Seychelles and Maldives. Comments. I want to hear from all of you who liked the cruise

Jeff

I would DEFINITELY arrange private tours. I do that on every cruise line but especially on Oceania where I find them to be way too expensive. Having said that Oceania is a terrific cruise line and this a very good itinerary. One word of caution. Check the amount of time being allocated for each port when you arrange private tours. Oceania has been known lately to shorten the time in port after final payment.

I want to know a few things from all of you who kindly responded.

Is the cruise worth the cost?

Did you have enough time to enjoy the port stops particularly the Maldives and Seychelles?

If I go do I need to arrange private tours?

I have already been to South Africa is this too redundant?

Finally I am looking at a different cruise that spends more time in the Seychelles and Maldives. Comments. I want to hear from all of you who liked the cruise

Jeff

If you want the Seychelles and Maldives, why not just fly over and spend time there? We liked both places, but truth be told loved some of the other ports much more. We found that yes it was worth the money and as for South Africa, there is much to see. But that's why they make Rocky Road and Cherry Garcia!! Arlene

And we were with Tanny18 and PaulMCO and had fantastic experiences in places we would never visit on land trips, despite the recurrence of DH's medical issues. We took private tours organized by Tanny18 and when we could no longer do those, we just took Tuk Tuks and saw what we could.

We treasure the memories made on this trip and the people we met, both fellow passengers and locals.

Special thanks to Tanny18 for finding a replacement for us on her tours and to Paul and his amazing wife MC for their help when DH had his problem. It was a VERY special cruise with very special people in an amazing part of the world.

The cruise was very special, but yes, all the people who sailed with us and toured with us were even more special! Hope we sail again! Arlene