Will we regret it

tonkie

Hi All

Was hoping to get some guidance about our next cruise! we have just been on The Allure in the Mediterranean and the ship certainly has the WOW factor, my wife is now looking at another Mediterranean cruise for next year on The Vision, but we are maybe thinking we are going from one extreme to another! The itinerary are completely different, but with The Allure being! well The Allure, will we be underwhelmed on The Vision as the ships is a big factor of our holiday.

Many Thanks in advance

We haven't cruised on anything larger than a Freedom class, but we've done a lot of cruising on Vision Class. You should be able to go to ports that the large Allure can't fit into. Everything's closer together, so less walking. We did the Legend on a TA, and our tablemates that had taken four prior TAs said the sea was rougher on the Legend than the other larger ships.

Keep in mind, the JS and above are often right under the pool deck. No chance of getting a passenger deck above and below you w/ those larger rooms. So, we usually pick under the windjammer or solarium, because the music from the pool deck can keep us up at night.

I once compared stateroom plans, and I think the GS on a Vision Class may be a little larger than the Oasis class.

It is a very individual thing. Everybody else can share their thought, but nobody can balance it but you two.

For us, Med cruises are largely about the ports, so the ship is less important than the itinerary. Of course, we have long flights to Europe to get to our Med cruises, leading to the emphasis on the ports. Closer to home, going to familiar ports, we emphasize ship and stateroom more.

Based in Europe, you may look at this quite differently. If ship amenities are very important to you on that cruise, and you loved Allure, you may be disappointed by Vision class...in fact, you may be disappointed by many ships if you cannot help but compare them to Allure.

We did med on Splendour years ago and just did it on Allure. We greatly enjoyed both cruises so I highly rec you go on the Vision. As has been said, the med is less about the ship and all about the ports. The Vision will take you to smaller ports where you can walk around by ship. Whereas Allure had to dock in commercial areas.

If it was a carib cruise I would recommend freedom or oasis class for cool ships.

If you're cruising for the ports and sightseeing, the ship is just a place to stay and will suffice nicely.

If you're all about the ship, then you probably will feel you've downgraded since Vision is so much smaller than the largest ship in the world!

Ports aside and just going ship for ship you will def miss the oasis class ship if on vision class... We took a cruise on navigator after going on Oasis and it was a huge huge letdown for us.. Regretted it the entire cruise... Thats just my point of view and its an individual thing but so much more to do on oasis class ship...Also the amount of people on oasis class is a non factor... We were more crowded on navigator then the allure... Ship is just so big with so much more to do that you always seem to think you are on the ship with just a few other people and not 5000

Edited by rtazz17

When you cruise on the vision class, the ports are your destination.

When you cruise on the allure, the ship is your destination.

If you are happy with the scooner bar and the windjammer in terms of amenities, the vision will suit you. If get bored easilly, it may not agree with you as much.

I think it's all in your mindset before you go on your cruise.

In April/May 2015, I sailed Allure on her Eastbound TA. I just sailed Enchantment (Vision class) last month (September 2015). So I did what you are contemplating. With full knowledge of the difference between the two ships...and just ready to have a great vacation...I was not disappointed or regretful at all.

For me, there are definite pros and cons of both classes of ships. There are advantages Vision class has over Oasis class...many mentioned here already. I would suggest that you focus on positives/advantages, research to learn/guess why RCI thinks the Vision cruise a desirable enough product to continue to offer it and make the decision to appreciate those characteristics for the cruise you are considering.

I think it's all in your mindset before you go on your cruise.

In April/May 2015, I sailed Allure on her Eastbound TA. I just sailed Enchantment (Vision class) last month (September 2015). So I did what you are contemplating. With full knowledge of the difference between the two ships...and just ready to have a great vacation...I was not disappointed or regretful at all.

For me, there are definite pros and cons of both classes of ships. There are advantages Vision class has over Oasis class...many mentioned here already. I would suggest that you focus on positives/advantages, research to learn/guess why RCI thinks the Vision cruise a desirable enough product to continue to offer it and make the decision to appreciate those characteristics for the cruise you are considering.

Excellent point:

My first RCCL cruise was on Rhapsody in Greece-- the staff was great, a few shows were good, and I had a lovely time. It was all about the ports.

My next cruise was on Liberty-- mostly about the ports, but the ship was bigger and had more to do.

In August, I'm on Anthem-- not planning on leaving the ship-- I don't think I would be happy with this plan on Rhapsody-- but I book each trip with unique expectations and therefore have a great time!