Caribbean in November vs July

NoVa Mimi

We will be on the Emerald in just a few weeks, the first week in November for a B2B. We have done a number of cruises but they have all been in the summer months. Are there major differences? What are the typical age demographics during this time of year? We are in our early 50s (ouch! That hurts to think about at times) and our son is in his mid 20s.I know more ships will be in the ports. What about the weather difference? I am finding it very difficult to think about what to pack as it is getting chilly in the D.C. area. We will be leaving out of Lauderdale and again, I have no idea what the weather will be like there. It's hard to believe that we will be leaving so soon as it just doesn't feel like vacation time. Can anyone give me an idea as to what to expect?

We will be on the Emerald in just a few weeks, the first week in November for a B2B. We have done a number of cruises but they have all been in the summer months. Are there major differences? What are the typical age demographics during this time of year? We are in our early 50s (ouch! That hurts to think about at times) and our son is in his mid 20s.I know more ships will be in the ports. What about the weather difference? I am finding it very difficult to think about what to pack as it is getting chilly in the D.C. area. We will be leaving out of Lauderdale and again, I have no idea what the weather will be like there. It's hard to believe that we will be leaving so soon as it just doesn't feel like vacation time. Can anyone give me an idea as to what to expect?

As of right now, our temps down here our lows in the mid 70's and highs are hovering around mid 80's. Hopefully in a few weeks it will cool down a little. Caribbean temps should average around the same. We mostly cruise around this time of year and find a wide average of ages. Common areas on board can be a little cool at times, some bring sweaters or even light jackets for those areas. Our next cruise is in 41 days and I do pack a couple of long sleve shirts just in case for on board. Enjoy the cruise :-)

You can always do web search for temperatures and weather for the ports you are going to but most ports are in the 80s year round. Water temperature is a bit cooler in November, but not that much.

Actually, living in FL we love this time of year! Rainy season is about over and the humidity isn't as bad. We are leaving this Saturday on the Emerald Princess for the Eastern Caribbean and expect perfect weather. Fall & early winter cruises in the Caribbean are usually very warm & dry. This is our favorite time of year to cruise. I wouldn't worry too much about bringing warm clothes.:)

Andrea

~~~~~~~

Edited by Sanibel*Gal

As Lew mentioned, you can do a search on the specific port weather. There are many weather websites (I don't think we can link them here, but pretty self-explanatory) where you can put in the port or city and get the forecast. The one I use has the monthly averages for temperature and rainfall, so even if it's too far out to forecast, you can get an idea for what the typical weather is like that time of year. I believe there are similar sites that give water temperature too.

Definitely helps with packing!

Officially the hurricane season is June thru Nov.

Historically the busiest storm period being mid Aug to mid Sept.

I'd not worry so much about Nov. And definitely would prefer it over those super hot sun days of July. :eek:

No reason weather pages can't be shown here; they don't book cruises.

You can check climate for months out on any number of weather pages. Here's one example: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/fort-lauderdale-fl/33301/november-weather/328168?monyr=11/1/2015

A week or so before you go, check back and look for the long-range forecast for your destination to make sure everything is normal. The longest range forecast I have found is 15 days at http://www.myforecast.com/bin/welcome.

BTW, you should do this for every trip you take.:o