Celebrity Solstice top end Australia new Documentary

I was a bit disappointed with the documentary. We have been onSolstice 4 times and I felt they didn't show enough of the interior of the ship. Yes it was great to see the ports and how the ship runs, but I think it they could have done her more justice by showing the shops, different restaurants, bars, theatres etc.

I was a bit disappointed with the documentary. We have been onSolstice 4 times and I felt they didn't show enough of the interior of the ship. Yes it was great to see the ports and how the ship runs, but I think it they could have done her more justice by showing the shops, different restaurants, bars, theatres etc.

Totally agree. As someone who hasn't been on it yet, I was looking forward to seeing more of the interior features of the ship.

Nice doco. Would love to have seen more footage of the ports. The dive site at GBR looked a bit rough. Hope to cruise Solstice one day in the future.

We are just back from Hamilton Island and took the Cruise Whitsundays vessel seen in the documentary out to their GBR dive site. To say it was rough was an understatement! There was a strong wind warning current (with winds strengthening further in the afternoon) but they still went out and would not refund when we stated we would prefer not to go given we had two kids with us. They said to just take some medication and all would be fine.

Well the boat was packed and we could not even sit together as a family unless we went to the top deck which is uncovered and the worst place to be in rough seas and rain. I have never seen so many people vomiting in my life - and the trip back was even worse with bigger seas! It was sheltered at the reef though but visibility was poor. If you ever consider taking this trip I would advise only doing so if you can handle motion sickness or just hope for the best weather on whatever day you can go cause they are going to keep your money regardless! (Unlike other operators who we dealt with on Hamilton Island who gave us the option of cancelling for a full refund once they explained to all their passengers what conditions were going to be like).

Anyway sorry for the off topic rant - been meaning to get that off my chest for a couple of weeks now! :D

I'm still getting over the $100,000 worth of fuel used just for turning an extra engine on in the FNQ warm seas ! :eek::eek::eek:

thats why cruise ships charge $200 for a massage...... they turn a profit don't worry about that

I disagree it was very interesting facts & figures etc. Friends are traveling on her next month for the first time and I think it would have spoiled there wow factor if they had seen everything now. Leaves some surprises for them and others who have not sailed on her. 😊

I love that type of doco, but I recommended it to my parents who will be sailing on Solstice for NYE this year, and they weren't too entertained by all the facts and figures either. I must admit, I found some of it a touch dry myself but I'll always watch a cruise ship doco!

Paul Gauguin cruises will be on next Thursday. Saw one of their ships whilst I was in Bora Bora on Radiance last year and it looked quite special. Will also be watching that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you mean maybe they will enjoy it better seeing it after their cruise when they can relate to it better.

Yes we saw a Paul Gauguin too not sure where now but one of the ports in the Sth Pacific. It looked fabulous all lit up at night. Thanks for the heads up will set up a recording.

I enjoyed it. Tours of the ship are readily available on youtube if you just want to see a video of all the insides, though it showed most of the main areas e.g. dining room, theatre, pool areas.

However, it showed some unique features which you wouldn't see otherwise, especially going in the azipods - I didn't even realise you could do that so readily.

Thumbs up on that one. :-)