First timer questions...

Cruisin Around

Hi Everyone,

We will be leaving on Sunday on the Carnival Pride. We are very excited! I had a few questions I was hoping you could answer for me. We've never been on Carnival before so I don't just want to assume.

Are there hair dryers in the room?

Are soap and shampoo provided?

Is there any kind of luggage/weight restriction (we will be driving to Baltimore so we don't have to worry about airline restrictions or anything)

Can younger children (8) wear dress shorts and polos on non formal nights in the dining room?

Is there anything that a first timer should know? We've only been on Royal before (and Celebrity once)

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Cruisin Around

According to my wife, the hair dryers provided are a low wattage so take longer to dry.

Also be aware that there is only one outlet in the cabin, plus an outlet in the bathroom for shavers. You may need a short power strip with multiple outlets to charge camera batteries and such. Don't bring one with a surge protector though. The simpler the better.

Soap, shampoo,conditioner provided in shower..not sure about hair dryers anymore. Dress, yes. No weight restrictions. Happy cruising. Hope you have a fantastic time!

Actually, there is no conditioner. They give bar soap, body wash and shampoo (my curly mess of a head needs the conditioner!). I don't think there are weight restrictions as my wife and I have had to repack at the airport before because we were 10 pounds over!

As far as tips, there are plenty of ways to search for them in this forum and everyone has their own! Just do as much or as little as you'd like though :) We live in the DC area and have never been on the Pride before but love seeing her in port. Have a blast!

No real luggage restrictions....usually they limit to 200 lbs. PER PERSON!!!! I bring my own hairdryer....blows better than theirs...and my own shampoo/conditioner! The provided stuff isn't good if you like to look good!!!

Edited by cb at sea

Thanks everyone! That helps out a lot. I have the travel outlet strip. We are always charging something. My hair is on the longer side but not too thick so I'll save the room in the suitcase and use their dryer haha. I will bring my own shampoo (volumizing lol) but my husband isn't picky as long as they have it.

Thanks again!

Trust me: The "Melting Chocolate Cake" will be on the MDR dessert menu every day - If you like chocolate, it WILL be your favorite dessert, ever. So get it the first night, and every night after that, lol. I DREAM about it when I'm not on a Carnival ship. I order TWO each night.

I bring an over-door shoe rack which comes in handy, plus magnetic clips for the walls to organize papers.

Trust me: The "Melting Chocolate Cake" will be on the MDR dessert menu every day - If you like chocolate, it WILL be your favorite dessert, ever. So get it the first night, and every night after that, lol. I DREAM about it when I'm not on a Carnival ship. I order TWO each night.

I bring an over-door shoe rack which comes in handy, plus magnetic clips for the walls to organize papers.

I love chocolate as well, but that cake is just too chocolaty for me. My DH will eat it but says you must request two ice cream sides to go with it. That would help I guess.

I love chocolate as well, but that cake is just too chocolaty for me. My DH will eat it but says you must request two ice cream sides to go with it. That would help I guess.

I like mine with orange sherbet.

Also, if you're looking for an extra outlet, there should be one behind the TV.

Is there anything that a first timer should know? We've only been on Royal before (and Celebrity once)

You'll find your upcoming Carnival cruise to be much more like your RCCL cruise than your Celebrity.

I've been able to use the hair dryers provided by RCCL, Celebrity, and Carnival. I don't think you'll have a problem with the hair dryer.

Look forward to having a wonderful cruise! :)

LuLu

Regarding the warm chocolate melting cake...someone posted on another thread that you can ask for peanut butter as well as icecream. I'm going to try that my next cruise!

On another note, remember that you can take on board in your carry on a bottle of wine or champagne per legal adult.

Have a great cruise!

Hi Everyone,

We will be leaving on Sunday on the Carnival Pride. We are very excited! I had a few questions I was hoping you could answer for me. We've never been on Carnival before so I don't just want to assume.

Are there hair dryers in the room?

Are soap and shampoo provided?

Is there any kind of luggage/weight restriction (we will be driving to Baltimore so we don't have to worry about airline restrictions or anything)

Can younger children (8) wear dress shorts and polos on non formal nights in the dining room?

Thanks everyone!

Hey...I'll be on the ship with you :D. It seems like all of your questions have already been answered. As for conditioner, they used to give little samples of it in a basket but I'm not sure if they still do that.

Here's wishing us GREAT weather next week!!!!!!

Love the Pride! Have a blast!!

As others have said...

Hair Dryer is there. My hair is short so I'm fine with it.

I take my own shampoo/conditioner/body wash.

Always pack a multi plug outlet and USB chargers.

Take a refillable water bottle if you like to have a drink with you at all times.

Carryon anything you might want the afternoon you arrive.

Parking in Baltimore is nice and easy.

Guys burgers is delish!

I'm also a Chocolate Melting Cake fan.

My kids always wear dress shorts and are they are perfectly fine (even though others may disagree).

ENJOY!

:D

Hair dryers in every room, but they are really low wattage. There is no weight restriction, however, you should have sturdy luggage and label it HEAVY if it weighs more than 50 Lbs. You children can definitely wear dress shorts for non-formal notes. Bring a multi plug outlet so that you can plug in more than one thing. You can carry on water bottles either in checked or carry on luggage.

If you like something in the dining room, order extra! Don't feel bad about 2-3 appetizers or double lobster. It's all paid for.

Send the kids to camp carnival! They'll have a great time. Also, they'll feed the kids while you're in port and also dinner on sea days.

Carry a stapler so you can put your tags on your suitcase

Yes, on the melting cake. It's amazing. I like mine with orange sherbet or butter pecan. Also, the kids menu has a banana split that's really good.

Have breakfast in bed at least once!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also order through the Carnival website 12 bottles of water to be in your room when you embark for $2.99 total. Nice to have it waiting there. You can order lots of stuff to be in your room when you board, like kids packages (t shirts, back packs, games) chocolate covered strawberries (special occasion?) or a bottle of alcohol (vodka, rum, etc.) so you can mix drinks in your room. You can bring 12 cans (not bottles) of juice, soda, mixer that are less than 20 ounces a piece, I think. Check Carnivals FAQ.

Edited by momonthego17

As others have said, conditioner isn't there anymore. Shampoo and body wash is....I wear glasses for close up, so I have to memorize which is which with my glasses on and commit to memory for the rest of the cruise! :p:o I LOVE the shampoo. Have read complaints about it, but I would love to take some empty bottles and "take some home" in them! :o:o There is usually a small round of soap for the sink. I like regular bar soap for my shower also, so I always ask the room steward for an extra. Our last cruise was in May and we were on Pride and there wasn't even a goodie basket in the bathroom, let alone on the few past cruises where the supplies of freebies were dwindling very low. :( I hate the blow dryers. I have chin length hair, but I "style" my hair and the blow dryers are no good for that. Just to DRY hair, it's okay. As far as WCMC (warm choco melting cake) lots of good suggestions. One more: order strawberry ice cream to go with it one night. Strawberry and chocolate just GO together! Another idea: fruit platter with it. Dip the fruit in the chocolate...oh, man...too many things to think about. I can't wait until 5 months from TODAY when I am back on board! :D BON VOYAGE!!!

Trust me: The "Melting Chocolate Cake" will be on the MDR dessert menu every day - If you like chocolate, it WILL be your favorite dessert, ever.

When we get the WCMC, we also get a fruit plate and dip the fruit in the batter.

The hair dryer is 1200 watts.

The WCMC now comes with two ice creams.

I like to get the fruit plate for dipping.

Cabin has three outlets-- a low powered 'for shavers only' towards the ceiling in the bathroom. On the vanity there is an American 110v grounded outlet and a European two pin 220v outlet. We sometimes bring a plug adapter for our dual voltage things.

The WCMC now comes with two ice creams.

I like to get the fruit plate for dipping.

I think it was Kim/GAPearl who called this "Micky Mouse." 2 vanilla ice creams around the WCMC. There has to be a picture out there somewhere to show the OP. :confused: