Early debarkation for FLL air departure

BillyBoy013

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere before so I apologize. Wife and I are booked for 4 day Sky cruise the first week of February. Would folks know if we have enough time to get through debarkation and transfer to FLL airport for a 10:30 flight? I know it would be cutting it close but right now Southwest airfare is most enticing! Thanks for any help.

You would need to be at the airport at least by 9:30 for security and getting to the gate, and with FLL sometimes security after a cruise, that's cutting it really tight. It's about 40 minutes travel time to FLL with no delays. Getting off the ship and through customs to the street, if all is going well, by 8:30 might happen. So yes.....possible.....but about 50-50 it won't work. So have a plan B also.

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere before so I apologize. Wife and I are booked for 4 day Sky cruise the first week of February. Would folks know if we have enough time to get through debarkation and transfer to FLL airport for a 10:30 flight? I know it would be cutting it close but right now Southwest airfare is most enticing! Thanks for any help.

What port is the ship coming into? IF FLL= AND you are going to self disembark- along with being up early and ready to go- IN line early. You may make this flight. The reason this flight is lower- is because most cruise passengers can not make it.

Be certain- IF you go ahead with this flight- to be accepting of NOT getting out that day- and have the ability to stay an extra day (not have to report to work?) Know - what your ticket allows you to do.

After what I have been reading (and experiencing) lately about getting off NCL cruise liners I would suggest you flag that idea!!

Unless, as has been pointed out, you are up early, first in line and there is no hold up getting the ship cleared by the port authorities and no officious people waiting onshore. Finally that you get a fast taxi and no road hold-ups.

If all went well and you did make it to the airport then there is the hope that the other passengers waiting for the "n" planes waiting for passengers at the same have all arrived early and don't hold you up.

If you get on the plane after all that buy yourself a lottery ticket!!

Mike

Pom by Birth; Retired Coin Collecting Kiwi by Choice.

There are several ships returning to Fort Lauderdale (carrying about 10,000 passengers ) the same day yours pulls into Miami - along with some others who will also probably have some passengers flying out of FLL. You need to allow close to two hours to check in and clear security on a heavy day at FLL. You also need to allow at least 30 minutes to get from Miami port to FLL - more if there are any rush hour delays. If you are sure you can be off the ship, and in a taxi (competing with many others) BEFORE 8:00AM, you MIGHT have a chance.

Place your bet.

We sailed The SKy Labor Day weekend and had a 10:30am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. We did express walk off and used QLS transportation shared ride for $13.00 per person. We made it to the airport at 8:50. Plenty of time to spare.

Out of 2 dozen plus cruises we always book early flights and never had a problem. On our next cruise The Escape we have an 11:40am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale and will not break a sweat over it.

Thanks everyone for the information, I am sufficiently scared enough not to book such an early flight given the huge influx of cruise passengers that morning combined with travel time from Miami to FLL. Other than 2ManyCruises, seems like most folks would not take the chance. Thanks again and happy cruising to everyone!!

Bill

Thanks everyone for the information, I am sufficiently scared enough not to book such an early flight given the huge influx of cruise passengers that morning combined with travel time from Miami to FLL. Other than 2ManyCruises, seems like most folks would not take the chance. Thanks again and happy cruising to everyone!!

Bill

You note that he did "express walk off" - and got to the airport just 1 hour 40 minutes before flight time. The only way that works is if you self disembark AND do not hit traffic delays or crowded airport conditions.

Bill

The relaxation a later flight gives you, the lack of the stress and anxiety you would feel the last cruise day and evening wondering if you will make it, the opportunity to have a relaxed breakfast before having to get off the boat.....as they say....priceless. I want to leave my vacation relaxed....