Fairs lowered

volmoma

If you have booked a cruise, paid in full. You find the same cruise, same ship, same date of sailing. It's cheaper now than when we booked it..can I file a form for a refund at the lower rate and gave it applied to OBC??? Is there a form that we have to feel out or can we call Princess direct??

It's not like buying a TV at Best Buy, where they'll give you money back if there's a sale within two weeks. It's more like buying an airplane ticket, where the price can change at any time.

Sometimes they will let you refare to a lower rate, but the closer you get to sailing, the more likely the sales will be for new bookings only.

If you have booked a cruise, paid in full. You find the same cruise, same ship, same date of sailing. It's cheaper now than when we booked it..can I file a form for a refund at the lower rate and gave it applied to OBC??? Is there a form that we have to feel out or can we call Princess direct??

Even though you paid in full, if it is not yet the official final payment date, then you should be able to get refared.

However if the current pricing does not offer the same amenities (OBC, free gratuities, whatever) as your original booking, you would lose those amenities to move to the new promotion.

If it is past official final payment date, you might or might not get a little OBC or an upgrade to a "better" cabin

Either way, call your TA (or Princess if you booked dirrectly) to ask.

It's not like buying a TV at Best Buy, where they'll give you money back if there's a sale within two weeks. It's more like buying an airplane ticket, where the price can change at any time.

Sometimes they will let you refare to a lower rate, but the closer you get to sailing, the more likely the sales will be for new bookings only.

At least with SWA, you can get a credit if the rate goes down.

I'm having the same issue with both of our December cruises. Balances were due this past Tuesday and by Thursday prices dropped on both cruises.

I'd hope you could. If not, it just doesn't seem, uh, fare. ;)

I called Princess today as the fare for my cruise went down. I was informed that the fare had actually gone up by the first customer service rep. Rather than argue I called back, this rep informed me the new pricing is for new bookings only and showed me where to see that online. I could cancel and re-book as today is final payment date...but for the small $50 amount it is not worth it. I should have waited one more week to book :(

Last week, I saw that our paid-in-full cruise was being advertised at a lower price, along with giving $150 in credits. I called my TA and voila, I had the lower price and the credits. The credit showed up on my credit card yesterday. Pretty nice.

Last week, I saw that our paid-in-full cruise was being advertised at a lower price, along with giving $150 in credits. I called my TA and voila, I had the lower price and the credits. The credit showed up on my credit card yesterday. Pretty nice.

Although you paid in full last week, were you still outside the penalty period?

It seems the cost of the trip was not worth all the aggravation including nasty Older women dressed in Black and apples the she probably should not have eaten. Also the took her dog for a while.

What???? Sorry but this incomprehensible.... Sorry, I got it now..

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

what is the official final payment date? how is it different from my pay by date?

For most Princess cruises it is 75 days before embarkation.

Will be less days if it is a short cruise. Will be more days for a long cruise or a holiday cruise.

I had started another thread on this same thing for our 2 separate December cruises where prices went down on both - 2 days after balances were due. It took 3 calls. The first call they wanted to "upgrade" us to a "higher" category that was literally next door to the cabin we had booked (both ocean views), but we turned it down. Second call - they said no - it was for new cruises only. Third call, we got $25/each shipboard credits for our early December 5-night cruise and $50/each shipboard credits for our late December 8-night cruise. It was worth calling back 3 times!

• 2 weeks later...