Royal Caribbean Door Decorating?

First, I'll say we are first time cruisers. We (family of 11) are embarking on my Dad's Birthday and also sailing to celebrate my Mom's 60th. (So the cruise is celebrating 2 birthdays) The cruise is actually a gift from my parents to all of us! I was thinking about putting a few decorations on my parents door to acknowledge their birthdays. Maybe something Halloween/Caribbean themed. Do people decorate doors on Royal Caribbean (Liberty of the Seas) or will they be taken down? Will RCI put their own decorations up since we mentioned that its a birthday celebration cruise? Thank you!

We always decorate our cabin doors. The doors and walls are magnetic, so we affix magnetic tape to the back of the decoration, which are usually cutouts that we buy from the party store. Some people have reported that other cruisers took the decorations, but we never had an issue.

You can also buy a decoration package from the cruiseline

Where do you look for door decorations? On Anthem just after Thanksgiving and wonder if Xmas decos will be appropriate or offensive to some.

Many US party stores have cut outs and other decorations for most all holidays or occasions. You don't need to cover the entire door, some will just use a simple cardboard cut out. The "dollar stores" also have decorations.

Plenty of cruisers decorate their cabin door/cabins for Christmas. I do not believe anyone would find it offensive. The ship will be extensively decorated for Christmas from early December till just after the new year.

Thank you for your sensitivity.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Will RCI put their own decorations up since we mentioned that its a birthday celebration cruise? Thank you!

Only if you pay and order in advance (before your cruise).

Go to cruise planner and then gifts and gear. They will decorate inside of room and put a sign on door. There are two packages one for $45 and a deluxe for $75. Kind of pricey but we did do it once as surprise. It was fun don't regret it but wouldn't do it again.

You can also order a cake (must order before cruise) and either have it delivered to the stateroom or the dining room. Can't remember the price on a cake, I think it is around $15. They are plenty big enough for a small family but with 11 of you, you would need to order 2. The chocolate is good never tried the white. They will still sing happy birthday if you don't order a cake just with a single slice of dessert.

You could decorate the door yourself skip the inside decorations, order a cake & bottle of champagne to their stateroom and come out about the same as the deluxe birthday decoration package.

Edited by rum & monkey

We don't necessarily decorate our doors but we do put the magnetic write on/wipe off white boards (locker size boards) on the outside of our doors so we can leave notes for everyone in our group (we usually have anywhere from 3 to 5 or 6 cabins). During the cruise, other passengers (yes, people we don't know) in our hallway will start leaving messages too - it becomes quite fun! Enjoy you cruise! :D

We were just on a a Greek Isle cruise last week, I took a couple things from the Dollar store for my daughter's door (she took it down! ) Our room attendant knew she was celebrating her birthday on Oct 5 and he decorated her room for her! What a pleasant surprise and we didn't even pay for it!

We were just on a a Greek Isle cruise last week, I took a couple things from the Dollar store for my daughter's door (she took it down! ) Our room attendant knew she was celebrating her birthday on Oct 5 and he decorated her room for her! What a pleasant surprise and we didn't even pay for it!

always have signs on our doors....since second cruise...When we are on ship after Thanksgiving as great deals during December for sure....always have Christmas decorations too....Have seen wreaths..battery lights around doors...you name it....we love it...also our attendants love it...

We love seeing others decorate doors even if just a sign!!!! Last cruise we had quite a few cabins around us celebrating one cruisers big 50!!! oh we had a blast with them...they had the white boards also using command to hold them up and everyone that went by would write a daily thought...to the birthday person...it was funny...one day we saw her reading them and she was in tears....from laughing so hard....she loved it. It was her first cruise and she said she had met the greatest people from all over the world and never imagined receiving such kindness from total strangers. We said yep and are you ready to do this again? she said how did you know....my husband said ahhhh she was was that way...wouldn't leave land...Disney or nothing no way on a boat...and now she knows it is a ship....was ready to book another one the minute we left the ship to come home....cause we didn't know we could book while on board...she asked how many we had been on and my husband said you don't want to know and we have only been cruising since 2006. She was beaming!!! I welcomed her to the addiction!! Now to see some signs...if anyone is a Duck Dynasty fan and you cruise with them on one of their charters....oh my gosh.... those doors were amazing!!!!!

There were a number of doors decorated on the FOS two weeks ago.

I bought magnetic paper from staples and photo shopped a sign for my door and printed it at home. I used an Internet picture of the FOS and wrote Happy Birthday Reilly on it. My DD thought it was great.

We preordered the white cake. It serves 8 and is very good. I wouldn't bother ordering two cakes for 11 people, because there are so many other desserts to choose from. Maybe everyone won't want cake. We brought the cake back to our cabin and ate the rest the next day.

Also, you can order fancy cup cakes and a large "cupcake" cake from the cup cake shop once on board. The cupcake cake was more expensive then the cake we ordered.

Our cake arrived at our table for MTD on the first night with no problem.

There were a number of doors with Halloween decorations and it was 3 weeks before Halloween.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First, I'll say we are first time cruisers. We (family of 11) are embarking on my Dad's Birthday and also sailing to celebrate my Mom's 60th. (So the cruise is celebrating 2 birthdays) The cruise is actually a gift from my parents to all of us! I was thinking about putting a few decorations on my parents door to acknowledge their birthdays. Maybe something Halloween/Caribbean themed. Do people decorate doors on Royal Caribbean (Liberty of the Seas) or will they be taken down? Will RCI put their own decorations up since we mentioned that its a birthday celebration cruise? Thank you!

We didn't when we started cruising...but we do now. It started with a Cruise Critic member sign for the door and now has escalated to more 'fun' things. Las t year we cruised over Valentine's Day so we had hearts and it also was Presidents Day, so we had a variety to choose from. We are sailing over Thanksgiving soon so it will be decorated again.

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread, but I was wondering if folks lately still decorate their doors on RCI? It's part of the culture on DCL, so my family loves doing it (moderately, we don't go crazy) and it helps us find our door as we have trouble remembering the stateroom number! We only use magnets and am aware that they can "walk away" ... though we have yet to experience that. I make my own, so printing new ones is no big deal. TIA!

This is an old thread, but I was wondering if folks lately still decorate their doors on RCI? It's part of the culture on DCL, so my family loves doing it (moderately, we don't go crazy) and it helps us find our door as we have trouble remembering the stateroom number! We only use magnets and am aware that they can "walk away" ... though we have yet to experience that. I make my own, so printing new ones is no big deal. TIA!

I still see occasional doors decorated.

On Oasis now, I brought a photo poster for my son's graduation celebration. I put it on his cabin door, no problem. I used 3M strips. Interesting thing about the photo part, several people have said Congrats to him. Pretty sweet! Bonus, it makes it very identifiable to not pass up their cabin.