Anthem - obstructed view - cabin numbers?

I cannot help you on that front, but if you are looking for a Restricted view Balcony, try the very last cabin against 270, it has a restriction but compared to next door and other restricted views it is Heaven. 60% of the Balcony is clear.

[ATTACH]365551[/ATTACH]

I am trying to figure out cabin numbers of the obstructed view with the round opening - like a cove balcony.

First 3 cabins port and starboard on deck 7, first 2 cabins port and starboard deck 8.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=07&shipCode=AN&shipProfile=1648&sailDate=1151024&hasNavigation=false

Im not sure I would want to be that far forward plus the restriction makes the balcony and room a little gloomy looking from the photo. Think I would prefer our obstructed balcony on Deck 6 with a lifeboat outside below the rail if I had a choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I seriously considered one of the ones on deck 8 but then was able to snag an extended balcony DO on the port side of deck 6. There are lots of pics on cc of views from 50% and 75% obstructed balconies. View seems to vary widely from cabin to cabin. If looking at deck 6 just recommend sticking to the port side. Too many starboard cabins are above restaurants or the outdoor smoking area.

I seriously considered one of the ones on deck 8 but then was able to snag an extended balcony DO on the port side of deck 6. There are lots of pics on cc of views from 50% and 75% obstructed balconies. View seems to vary widely from cabin to cabin. If looking at deck 6 just recommend sticking to the port side. Too many starboard cabins are above restaurants or the outdoor smoking area.

which one are the extended balcony cabins and how do you know how bad the obstruction is?

Christine,

I'm in 6162. The extended balconies are easily visible on the deck plan. There are a couple of great threads that show views from a number of ob cabins. They used to be in the Quantum sub-forum which I believe was merged into the main Royal forum. Just use the search tool. For mine I also read a review of that specific cabin that said the view wasn't bad.

Edited by Baron Barracuda

I stayed in 8114 on Quantum last year and will be in a similar room on an upcoming Anthem cruise. Personally, I loved it. It was sure worth it compared to the price of a regular balcony and no view blocked by lifeboats. The room/balcony did not feel gloomy at all. One thing to note was the sides of the balcony were solid so no way to combine balconies with another room. For me this was a plus since it cut down on noise and added privacy.