Cruising in September

hamishcat

Just a quick question - does there tend to me many children on Royal Caribbean cruises in September? In theory they should all be back at school but just wondered if anyone has cruised September.

We ALWAYS cruise in September/October.....there will always be a few kids, because parents "home school" now a day, but very few. It is WONDERFUL....both with weather and kids back in school.....:D

Edited by champagne123
ddddd

Just adding ....

September in the Caribbean is in the "heart of tropical storm season" so that's something you might want to consider.

I went on Indy 6/Sept/2015

No Problems with Weather

Just a quick question - does there tend to me many children on Royal Caribbean cruises in September? In theory they should all be back at school but just wondered if anyone has cruised September.

Just cruised to Alaska RCI Radiance and there were 25 infants/toddlers under 3...our 19 month old GS included....So just because school is back in session doesn't really mean much.

I went on Indy 6/Sept/2015

No Problems with Weather

But you do understand it is the heart of the hurricane season.Wether or not you had a problem the week you went I assure you people do and will have problems in sept,just a fact..

To the op,Ive gone in feb,august,oct,nov cruising and their are plenty of children all the time.. But im with my own too so it doesnt bother me.People take their kids out of school for a week all the time.

Just cruised to Alaska RCI Radiance and there were 25 infants/toddlers under 3...our 19 month old GS included....So just because school is back in session doesn't really mean much.

Hopefully they weren't ringing suite doorbells, blocking the stairs, or pushing all the buttons on the elevators. :D

We went in Aussie summer school holidays (January 2014) and there were 770 under 18s on Radiance. So school being back makes a huge difference. The worst thing, besides the whirlpool hogging and the litter around the ship that I have never seen before, was the continual announcements for parents to come to the service desk.

Then there was the 3.30am call out for two girls one night. Firstly 3 times in the hallway, and then they went into every stateroom with the announcement. They found them hiding in the theatre apparently.

The staff were quite worn down, as ours was not as many kids as the trip before where there were about 900. We have sailed Radiance 4 times in total, and we stayed on for a B2B on that one, and the difference in staff was very noticeable, with the next trip having such a different atmosphere. I now understand why they charge the same for kids as adults!

Any amount up to about 200 kids is really good. Summer school holidays, never again.

We ALWAYS cruise in September/October.....there will always be a few kids, because parents "home school" now a day, but very few. It is WONDERFUL....both with weather and kids back in school.....:D

It's not just homeschooling. There are more than a few school systems that are on year-round schooling. Some are such that everyone is on the same schedule while others have the schools divided into "tracks" (possibly A, B, C, and D where three of the four are in at any one time). And then there are parents who will do whatever they want and pull their kids out of school whenever they want. So there will pretty much always be kids unless you stumble upon some kind of "adults only" cruise.

But as others have pointed out, you're in the heart of hurricane season. Just because some years have had no activity doesn't mean there will never be activity. Some seasons are far more active than others.

It's not just homeschooling. There are more than a few school systems that are on year-round schooling. Some are such that everyone is on the same schedule while others have the schools divided into "tracks" (possibly A, B, C, and D where three of the four are in at any one time). And then there are parents who will do whatever they want and pull their kids out of school whenever they want. So there will pretty much always be kids unless you stumble upon some kind of "adults only" cruise.

But as others have pointed out, you're in the heart of hurricane season. Just because some years have had no activity doesn't mean there will never be activity. Some seasons are far more active than others.

Wow....I learn something every day. :) I have never even heard of this. Very interesting. In NJ, you are no longer allowed to pull your children out of school. Getting very strict. Even if a child is out sick for more than (2?) days, a Doctor not is expected.

I threw caution to the wind several years ago and went on Freedom in the middle of September. The price was too good to pass up!

There will always be children on every sailing, but they didn't cause any bother at all. I spent a lot of time enjoying the solarium, however, so maybe that's why I didn't see much of them.

The weather certainly was affected due to remnants of a tropical storm. Our excursion was cancelled in Jamaica due to flooding, and we skipped Grand Cayman altogether. Had generally rough seas for one night of the cruise where it got a little hairy. Rest of the cruise was beautiful seas and skies!

That's always a possibility when cruising in September. I would say you should do an itinerary where you're not really married to any one port and it might ruin your trip if you didn't make it there.

I would cruise in September again in a heartbeat if the price is right.