Bring your own pop and water question

cazzi

Hi everyone,

We are sailing on the regal princess in Jan and on other cruise ship you are allowed to bring your own case of Coke or water on broad, are we allowed to on princess? Thanks for your help

There was a recent post on a similar thread that the question had been asked of Princess on Facebook and they advised they had retracted the new policy....so it is business as usual.

What's the best way to ensure warter and pop gets delivered to your room? :confused: Is writing your cabin number on the case adviseable or just printing and securing an additional luggage tags the best route? Thanks

What's the best way to ensure warter and pop gets delivered to your room? :confused: Is writing your cabin number on the case adviseable or just printing and securing an additional luggage tags the best route? Thanks

In the past it has been possible to simply attach a luggage tag to your case of water or soda and it would be delivered to your room along with the rest of your luggage.

It has also been fine to just carry on a case with you but... When Colo Cruiser boarded Coral Princess in Los Angeles recently they ripped apart his freshly purchased case of water (he had the taxi stop on the way to the port and bought the water then) and they shook all the bottles checking for alcohol. It seemed a bit draconian to me. Hopefully it's not going to become the norm and it may not have happened at all with a checked case of water.

Since many cases of water are a bit flimsily packaged you may want to reinforce the packaging if you are checking a case of water.

We pack a lightweight wheeled duffel bag (cheapie from Walmart) in our regular luggage. At the departure port (usually Ft. Lauderdale) we walk to the nearest CVS- for us it is the one one the beach- fill up the bag with 2 cases of water, a 12 pack each of diet ginge rale, decaffinated diet coke, and diet sprite. Then we roll the bag back to the hotel- put princess luggage tag- and then duffel is placed on board with rest of luggage. We have never had a problem with that system.

I've been on two Princess Cruises where a couple ahead of us and two behind us had roll carts with several cases of water and soda. All went thru with no issues. Limes, I would pack in checked baggage along with the Gin and Vodka in the Speak Easy plastic bags (Smuggler brand of your choice).

I've been on two Princess Cruises where a couple ahead of us and two behind us had roll carts with several cases of water and soda. All went thru with no issues. Limes, I would pack in checked baggage along with the Gin and Vodka in the Speak Easy plastic bags (Smuggler brand of your choice).

And this is just the kind of post Princess will base their no water/soda ban on. Please, if you are going to smuggle, don't advertise on CC.

And this is just the kind of post Princess will base their no water/soda ban on. Please, if you are going to smuggle, don't advertise on CC.

Some of the people here are so impressed by themselves for breaking rules and getting away with it, they just have to brag. I'm sure their mothers are proud. :p

• 3 weeks later...

Can you bring on bottled water when you are at a port other than embarkation? We will be flying into FLL and will not be able to buy water before we embark. Or does anyone have suggestions where we could buy bottled water after we land in FLL before going to the ship. I love what Carnival is now doing with bottled water. You can pre-order water before you embark and it will be in your cabin.

This may be a dumb question, but do guests NEED bottled water? Or is it just a "choice" thing? Isn't all the water on the ship the same? The water that comes out of the tap in your bathroom is from the same water source as that being used in the galley for cooking, served at your dining table, etc?

I know on at least one other line, the water on board is all the same and is totally safe for drinking. It is processed from sea water by reverse osmosis ad then filtered. However, when in their home port and some other US ports they fill up the water tanks with the local "city" water as that is less costly than processing sea water on board. They do not purchase water from any non US ports to assure that their safety standards are met.

Is the water on Princess ships much the same or is there a real need to not drink the water on board?

This may be a dumb question' date=' but do guests NEED bottled water? Or is it just a "choice" thing? Isn't all the water on the ship the same? The water that comes out of the tap in your bathroom is from the same water source as that being used in the galley for cooking, served at your dining table, etc?[/quote']

No, they don't need bottled water, but many people prefer bottled water for one reason or another. The word "need" is often used as a replacement for the word "want" in many, many situations. Personally, I believe that in the majority of cases if people were given 10 glasses of various waters most of them could not pick ot the bottled from the regular water, but that is really beside the point. The fact is that if someone wants a particular item and can afford that item, then they certainly have the right to spend their money as they see fit. Healthwise, I suspect that in the vast majority of cases, the bottled water is no better (or worse) than tap water.

In the end, whether we're drinking water, soda, wine, burbon or beer, as long as we're getting our money's worth, it's nobody else's business. ;) For me, Dr. Pepper is my choice (darn that girl in college that got me started on them!) :p

Tom