Water slides rejection...

SeaCookie94

You see quite a lot of people being turned back from the newer 'floor drop' ones due to having jewellery or unsuitable clothing on or did you mean because they were carrying a little too much Christmas weight?

I was turned away for jewelry. We didn't know. A less than 10 second drop wasn't worth the risk or effort to unscrew my diamond studs so I held my hubby's watch while he went. I did the twisty slides which were plenty fun. ;)

No jewelry and no metal on your swim suits.

Kids also get turned away if they are not tall enough.

My DS was tall enough and weighed enough but he still had to be let out of hatch a few times before he decided getting stuck wasn't fun. If you don't have enough weight/momentum you cant get over the slow down hump at the end of the free fall slide. They have a hatch to let you out.

No jewelry and no metal on your swim suits.

Kids also get turned away if they are not tall enough.

My DS was tall enough and weighed enough but he still had to be let out of hatch a few times before he decided getting stuck wasn't fun. If you don't have enough weight/momentum you cant get over the slow down hump at the end of the free fall slide. They have a hatch to let you out.

Exactly. No jewelry or metal. I didn't do since gravity wreaks havoc w a woman's bathing suit :D DH did it, took off watch (think he left wedding band on. Don't remember) and he had a head/neck ache for 15 minutes after we went down. It was quite a force. But nothing a cold beer and sitting in the sun didn't fix! :p

No but got stuck in the floor drop slide. I had a shirt on and decided to try it and I guess the friction of my shirt made me stop. I looked up and crawled out a hole and was up on a deck and they had to unlock the gate to let me down the stairs. Next time I went without my shirt and no problem. N

I have seen many get turned away wearing jewelry after waiting in line for a long time.

Edited by abe3

No but got stuck in the floor drop slide. I had a shirt on and decided to try it and I guess the friction of my shirt made me stop. I looked up and crawled out a hole and was up on a deck and they had to unlock the gate to let me down the stairs. Next time I went without my shirt and no problem. N

I have seen many get turned away wearing jewelry after waiting in line for a long time.

So necklaces and chains are not allowed?

Yeah my best friend wants to do them and I heard about the scale, I have no idea the requirements but my chunky butt is not about to get embarrassed being turned away OR flying off into outer space at the speed of light because I have the weight to hit those turns fast.

Yeah my best friend wants to do them and I heard about the scale, I have no idea the requirements but my chunky butt is not about to get embarrassed being turned away OR flying off into outer space at the speed of light because I have the weight to hit those turns fast.

Thats mostly my concern... Im a chunky girl and dont want to get embarrassed and turned away or have everyone see my weight

Thats mostly my concern... Im a chunky girl and dont want to get embarrassed and turned away or have everyone see my weight

Here's what I would do... I'd keep an eye on the line for a couple days, trying to spot others that are built like me. Then I'd see if they get through or get turned away. Try to spot someone that you know is larger than you are and see what happens. Good luck! I hope you get to enjoy it. :)

I'm chunky (size 16 if that helps) and I didn't get turned away. On Getaway drop slides they strapped on a backboard and I had no issues. I went while the ship was in Nassau and was the only one in line. Must have gone 10 times before I decided the stairs were too much and I needed a rest. (Probably why I'm a size 16 hah!)

I just wanted to add...when they say NO jewelry, they mean none!! So no wedding bands, earrings, necklaces, piercings no matter what/where they are. Also no cameras or go pro's or anything. I'm surprised bathing suits are allowed at this point. :rolleyes: They are pretty strict about it (also with the weight and height). ;)

I'm chunky (size 16 if that helps) and I didn't get turned away. On Getaway drop slides they strapped on a backboard and I had no issues. I went while the ship was in Nassau and was the only one in line. Must have gone 10 times before I decided the stairs were too much and I needed a rest. (Probably why I'm a size 16 hah!)

Ummm, add a couple sizes and you still won't get turned away. You have no worries.

My DH is a pretty heavy guy and he had no problems and no questions asked on the Getaway. That being said, we made sure to go while we were in port. He was the only one in line so if he had been turned away he wouldn't have been embarrassed in front of a line of fellow passengers.