Currently on Oasis - Questions? Ask away!

jpm1973

How many MDR restaurant are there ? Is it still the 3 story restaurant transformed into the my time dinning ?

Thanks

Sea ya

The MDR is still 3 decks, and they are decorated differently, because of the aborted plan to move to Dynamic Dining. However, all 3 decks have the same menu which changes nightly.

Can you look in the duty free shop to see if they have

Gift boxes of CAPTAIN MORGAN RUM (100 Proof).

Cause if they have it than Allure should.

I like a good glass of captain, and heard there was a more potent one, thats all.

Just wondering.

Sea Ya

None that I saw.

How many MDR restaurant are there ? Is it still the 3 story restaurant transformed into the my time dinning ?

Thanks

Sea ya

Still three stories (decks 3, 4 and 5) with deck 3 for My Time Dining.

I know this is sorta weird, but will you go into the gift shop and see if there are any baby onsies? Preferably any that say "Baby's First Cruise" or Royal Caribbean. I can't find any online. Thanks so much!!

No onesies to be found. Sorry!

I have no idea what your talking about...what is this???

It is the rotation of the menus. Every night there is a different theme to the menu and the names listed are what the menus are called.

EDIT: I was too slow, someone already answered before I hit send. I took too much time looking for the dang menus lol

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Still three stories (decks 3, 4 and 5) with deck 3 for My Time Dining.

Additionally, the MDR on Deck 3 is now called/decorated as American Icon, Deck 4 is now called/decorated as The Grande, and Deck 5 is now called/decorated Silk. As mentioned earlier though, these are names/decors only. Dynamic Dining has been canceled for the Oasis class, so each deck serves the normal MDR menus.

I hope this isn't too nosy, but what cabin are you in? We are going on our very first cruise in December. Have never cruised. We are on the 8th deck on the hump. Hoping we made a good choice. Do you feel movement of the ship? Any nausea? Okay. I guess that's it. Thank you!!! Hope you are enjoying!!

Quick question.... we had friends on Oasis a few months ago (Diamond Plus). They said the MDR service was worst ever. Are you experiencing this? Or has it been pretty good?

Clearly not OP, but we (DW and I who are Platinum and two friends who had never cruised before) were on Oasis about 3 weeks ago and MDR service was fine. Our waiter, Iben, and our assistant waitress, Zhen, were both very solid and did just about anything they could for the diners in our section and everybody seemed happy with them, to the point where one of the members of the 6-top next to ours gave both of them a hug at the last dinner service. Our only complaint was our bar server who would come by once when our friends were there and not come back after DW and I arrived. We drink, just usually not on the first night, so I think he assumed we didn't drink because we didn't order anything that first night. That was the only ding on MDR service. Breakfast service was great both times we had breakfast in the MDR and Iben and Zhen were both great. I, unfortunately, don't remember the name of our head waitress, but she was cordial and made sure to come by each night.

Quick question.... we had friends on Oasis a few months ago (Diamond Plus). They said the MDR service was worst ever. Are you experiencing this? Or has it been pretty good?

Have only eaten in the MDR on one night so far but service was very good - absolutely no complaints. Going tonight so will update this if anything changes.

I hope this isn't too nosy, but what cabin are you in? We are going on our very first cruise in December. Have never cruised. We are on the 8th deck on the hump. Hoping we made a good choice. Do you feel movement of the ship? Any nausea? Okay. I guess that's it. Thank you!!! Hope you are enjoying!!

We are on deck 11 at the very back of the ship. Only movement was slight when we first left Ft Lauderdale on Wednesday and then a bit more last night when it rained for a bit. Neither time made me feel nauseous at all.

Going tonight so will get that for you.

Your on a 3 day cruise I assume? I did Sabor for lunch on Freedom, am considering one dinner there or possibly just doing lunch this time on Oasis. Let us know how you enjoy it.

Ok, so this is going to be super strange request. On deck 16, starboard side, near the entrance to the windjammer, can you take a few photos of the suite that has the hot tub on the balcony? I am curious as to how much you could see 'in' standing on deck 16 looking up at that room. Unfortunately, below is the best photo I have been able to find.

IMG_8312W-L.jpg

and btw - you kind of rock for doing ad-hoc requests while on vacation. If we ever end up on a the same sailing, drinks are on me :D

Ok, so this is going to be super strange request. On deck 16, starboard side, near the entrance to the windjammer, can you take a few photos of the suite that has the hot tub on the balcony? I am curious as to how much you could see 'in' standing on deck 16 looking up at that room. Unfortunately, below is the best photo I have been able to find.

]

and btw - you kind of rock for doing ad-hoc requests while on vacation. If we ever end up on a the same sailing, drinks are on me :D

Here are a couple I got from near the railing a bit forward of the Windjammer entrance.

ImageUploadedByForums1445618134.934448.jpg.2f057765f84756cd72e267f338d8a921.jpg

You can definitely see the balcony but not much inside, at least during the day. Hope that helps!

Let me know when you're sailing next so I can cash in on that drink offer ;-)

ImageUploadedByForums1445618117.358701.jpg.f60c76a415973c643d082a3ccf68d1ab.jpg

Edited by jpm1973

A drinks menu from Sabor would be nice if they have one. And/or a list of available Tequila & Mezcal they offer.

Here's the margarita menu. Will try to get a list of tequilas if I can find one.

ImageUploadedByForums1445618239.166965.jpg.5a326d78a03132c849df3a8bbadf4db8.jpg

Edited by jpm1973

Here are a couple I got from near the railing a bit forward of the Windjammer entrance.

[ATTACH]366087[/ATTACH][ATTACH]366088[/ATTACH]

You can definitely see the balcony but not much inside, at least during the day. Hope that helps!

THANK YOU! We'll be in the room pictured on the May 7th sailing this coming year. If you are on that sailing, let us know :)

[ATTACH]366087[/ATTACH][ATTACH]366088[/ATTACH]

You can definately see what's going on in that hot tub. ;):eek: