Enchantment cabin question

renech

Booking a sort of last minute 3-day getaway next month on Enchantment. I have sailed her before but only in a JS, and this time I'm looking at a D1.

What I have now is cabin 7594, but I'm reading that only the stretch cabins have the rocketship shower doors, and the others have the dreaded curtains. Anyone know if this is true? There is one cabin available in the stretch area which I could switch to if this is the situation. Although it's a bit farther from the elevators, I'll gladly walk a bit more to avoid that clingy curtain!

Also, any opinions on Port or Starboard being a better choice for port views?

Thanks. :)

Booking a sort of last minute 3-day getaway next month on Enchantment. I have sailed her before but only in a JS, and this time I'm looking at a D1.

What I have now is cabin 7594, but I'm reading that only the stretch cabins have the rocketship shower doors, and the others have the dreaded curtains. Anyone know if this is true? There is one cabin available in the stretch area which I could switch to if this is the situation. Although it's a bit farther from the elevators, I'll gladly walk a bit more to avoid that clingy curtain!

I can't answer your question:( ...but I have one for you. What about the JS - do they have shower curtains or something else?

To my knowledge, non-suite staterooms in the stretched section have shower doors. The older staterooms have shower curtains.

Starboard is good for leaving the port.

The stretch cabins do not have curtains from our experience!

Edited by Scotty G
clarify - from personal experience

I can't answer your question:( ...but I have one for you. What about the JS - do they have shower curtains or something else?

Actually, I was mistaken, we were in a RFS when we did Enchantment You'd think I'd remember that as it was my only time in a real suite! But as someone mentioned, the JS cabins have tubs with curtains.

To my knowledge, non-suite staterooms in the stretched section have shower doors. The older staterooms have shower curtains.

Starboard is good for leaving the port.

Thanks, Bob. :) I think I'll switch then. I'm assuming there are no other significant differences? I'm also doing some research for our 1 day pre-cruise. Do you have a favorite Cocoa Beach hotel recommendation that's conveniently located?

Actually, I was mistaken, we were in a RFS when we did Enchantment You'd think I'd remember that as it was my only time in a real suite! But as someone mentioned, the JS cabins have tubs with curtains.

Thanks, Bob. :) I think I'll switch then. I'm assuming there are no other significant differences? I'm also doing some research for our 1 day pre-cruise. Do you have a favorite Cocoa Beach hotel recommendation that's conveniently located?

We've stayed at a couple of area hotels. Residence Inn is close to the cruise terminal and very nice, but not close to the beach at all. Courtyard Marriott is more in the center of Cocoa Beach, has a walkway to the beach, and is also a nice property. No free breakfast at the Courtyard however.

We've stayed at a couple of area hotels. Residence Inn is close to the cruise terminal and very nice, but not close to the beach at all. Courtyard Marriott is more in the center of Cocoa Beach, has a walkway to the beach, and is also a nice property. No free breakfast at the Courtyard however.

The Courtyard sounds nice. I just read about Cortrans shuttle for $20pp, and reconsidering getting a cheap car rental. But I want to make sure we're at a place that we can walk to the beach and hopefully restaurant/shops. We've always stayed in Orlando before, so I'm looking forward to checking out Cocoa Beach.

The Courtyard sounds nice. I just read about Cortrans shuttle for $20pp, and reconsidering getting a cheap car rental. But I want to make sure we're at a place that we can walk to the beach and hopefully restaurant/shops. We've always stayed in Orlando before, so I'm looking forward to checking out Cocoa Beach.

If you do Hilton Honors program, the Hampton, Doubletree and Hilton are all good choices. There is also a Best Western next to the pier

If you do Hilton Honors program, the Hampton, Doubletree and Hilton are all good choices. There is also a Best Western next to the pier

Thank you. There seems to be a lot of decent looking and reasonably priced options. 30K Hilton points is a lot for one night though, so I'll likely just pay with cash.

Thank you. There seems to be a lot of decent looking and reasonably priced options. 30K Hilton points is a lot for one night though, so I'll likely just pay with cash.

It is rare to get any offer, any time, any where, for less than 30K points per night.

It is rare to get any offer, any time, any where, for less than 30K points per night.

Actually, it depends a great deal on which loyalty program you are using. I find that my SPG and Hyatt points go farther than either Hilton or Marriott, in terms of value per point.

Actually, it depends a great deal on which loyalty program you are using. I find that my SPG and Hyatt points go farther than either Hilton or Marriott, in terms of value per point.

I believe she was referring to the HH program. Never joined Hyatt program and SPG really didn't impress. Marriott's not bad

I believe she was referring to the HH program. Never joined Hyatt program and SPG really didn't impress. Marriott's not bad

All 3 of the HH properties are cat. 5. so yes, 30K. I'm just a bit stingy about stretching my points as far as possible. :) For my dates, Doubletree is sold out, but I can get Hampton Inn for $107. Considering that, or the Radisson for $89, or Country Inn for $101.

Any advice on these 3?

Edited by renech

Country Inn and Raddson No beach. Hampton is a short walkway to the beach. Country Inn is nice and has transport to the port as does the Radisson. People love the pool at Radisson but the rooms are getting dated and musty smelling per reports.

Which D1's are in the stretch section that have shower doors? Thx

The new staterooms added in the 2005 stretch are those ending with 068 to 082 and 568 to 582, adding the deck # for the first digit. Also inside staterooms added are those ending in 877 to 881 on decks 3 and 4.

The new staterooms added in the 2005 stretch are those ending with 068 to 082 and 568 to 582, adding the deck # for the first digit. Also inside staterooms added are those ending in 877 to 881 on decks 3 and 4.

Thx Bob...always sail in a JS on her and prefer shower door vs curtains since I'm 6'4" lol

Thx Bob...always sail in a JS on her and prefer shower door vs curtains since I'm 6'4" lol

You probably know this, but in case anyone else is curious, all the JS staterooms have shower curtains for the bathtub.

Country Inn and Raddson No beach. Hampton is a short walkway to the beach. Country Inn is nice and has transport to the port as does the Radisson. People love the pool at Radisson but the rooms are getting dated and musty smelling per reports.

Thanks for the insight. I'm being so indecisive about this!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Can anyone share with me if magnets stick to the door on the Enchantment. We've been traveling Disney for several years and decorating the door when we go.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Ha! We are Disney too, but sailing the Enchantment at the beginning of February. This will be my first time on her, but I'm bringing magnets anyway just in case!