New Suite classes brochure

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b5fcb56f#/b5fcb56f/26

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right area to ask this but I received this via email today (odd because I haven't cruised RCCL since grad school, maybe 15 years...) has anyone seen the brochure? Is it a big change from what is done now? It says they start in May 2016 so I was just curious as to what had to be accomplished by the line or if all these suites and amenities basically exist & they're choosing to market them differently. Thx :)

It is a big change with regard to what is included with the highest level suites. Some amenities exist now, but are not included, such as free internet, free gratuities, bottled water. Some amenities are new, such as Royal Genie.

I noticed in the brochure I posted a restaurant for suite guests only. Is that new - it seems like they'd have to come up with that space somehow if it doesn't exist already? I'm curious if it will be an off-menu restaurant.

The Royal genie just sounded like an odd name. I figured they would just say "butler".

If I get some pricing I'll post it. I'm going to check out all the details on this

I noticed in the brochure I posted a restaurant for suite guests only. Is that new - it seems like they'd have to come up with that space somehow if it doesn't exist already? I'm curious if it will be an off-menu restaurant.

The Royal genie just sounded like an odd name. I figured they would just say "butler".

If I get some pricing I'll post it. I'm going to check out all the details on this

Coastal Kitchen is on Quantum and Oasis classes now. I've not seen any plans for it being expanded to other ships.

We have never been in a suite because the cost of a suit is usually more than 2 or 3 regular balcony cabins.

We don't really need all of the suite amenities.

We would rather cruise more often on a balcony.

I guess you could choose an inside and cruise twice as often as you currently do. ;)

The new Royal Suite Program is being rolled out on Quantum and Oasis class ships which, like Bob said, all already have Coastal Kitchen. Oasis class have a Suite Lounge (adjacent to Coastal Kitchen). Quantum class have a CL and a DL. If they do what Oasis did the CL will become the Suite Lounge and Diamond Plus will join Diamond members in the DL.

Implementing this Suite Program on other ships is not as easy since the other ships don't have either CK or a Suite Lounge. Time will tell whether this new program is rolled out onto other ships.

The new Royal Suite Program is being rolled out on Quantum and Oasis class ships which, like Bob said, all already have Coastal Kitchen. Oasis class have a Suite Lounge (adjacent to Coastal Kitchen). Quantum class have a CL and a DL. If they do what Oasis did the CL will become the Suite Lounge and Diamond Plus will join Diamond members in the DL.

Implementing this Suite Program on other ships is not as easy since the other ships don't have either CK or a Suite Lounge. Time will tell whether this new program is rolled out onto other ships.

Independence is getting a SL during the refurbishment. :D

Is the Suite Lounge in addition to the CL and DL?

First of all I meant Liberty, my bad.

The SL is going in the Seven Hearts and Cloud 9 space. The existing CL will become a card room and maybe library. I would imagine that it would be similar to DL. Freedom could probably do the same thing if they ever finish the scrubber project. ;)

I'm hoping they carve one out of the existing dining venues like they did on Celebrity

I spoke to someone who said only those 2 classes of ship would undergo the changes or upgrades. I ended up having to hang up because I got busy at work but the suites look very nice. They started telling me about the amenities which are included if you book a certain class & yes the "genie" does the things a butler would do on ither ships - make drinks & serve you & your guests, laundry or ironing. I didn't use those things on the other ship but she talked up the services offered. I like the idea of fresh flowers in the cabin which I always purchase on board or before I board. There are nice small touches. It's been a long time since I've sailed RCCL but I'm intrigued by the brochure! I'm going to call back and find out more. The thing that worries me the most is size ratio. It just seems so BIG! I'd be nervous about feeling overcrowded. The last RCCL was Vision to Alaska & Voyager in Caribbean

We always choose suites, and never received this, lol! Thanks for sharing!! We are booked on Oasis for March, so wont apply..but may influence suite we select going forward. If not for my 9 year old, I would choose X for every cruise because of the intimacy, suites and services available.... However These changes are starting to make the prices charged for suites on RCCL more worthwhile, at least IMHO. Will be interesting to see how this business model works for them.

I don't care how they do it, I just want to see CK get added to other ships! It's a great addition.

I don't if it means kicking all the non-suite customers out of the Viking Crown like they did on the Oasis class. They've taken away enough from those of us in steerage already.

We always choose suites, and never received this, lol! Thanks for sharing!! We are booked on Oasis for March, so wont apply..but may influence suite we select going forward. If not for my 9 year old, I would choose X for every cruise because of the intimacy, suites and services available.... However These changes are starting to make the prices charged for suites on RCCL more worthwhile, at least IMHO. Will be interesting to see how this business model works for them.

My suspicion is that they have marketing which targets people who may have sailed a long time ago and then haven't come back? I am guessing you are on one of their other upcoming target lists for those repeat suite sailors!

They still have my email, even though I've stuck to the same line - heck the same ship for 10 years now except an occasional dalliance on Disney. But I think back to all of those surveys I fill out, for different lines/websites and my guess is RCCL maybe thinks they can lure a few people over from other lines? We have been sailing in Grills class for the past 6 years so maybe they are marketing to possible converts. I don't know if I would go, I need to find out more, look at pictures, check out on board entertainment. On Cunard - though I know it would bore many people to tears - the atmosphere is completely different. More afternoon tea and big band ballroom than anything else, jackets required every night, etc. But the RCCL marketer is doing a good job because when I looked at these pix and read the descriptions, I am tempted to book. Or at least look into booking, for a little change of pace.