Transatlantic For Meat & Potato Man

IsanTom

My wife and I are booked on our first Azamara Cruise for a 16 day TA! I looked over the menus and my wife is thrilled, but I enjoy beef and more beef, but the pastas also look very interesting! Do they have an everyday steak, if not on the menu? And is there any problem ordering a pasta entre, too? I do not like most vegetables! I'm just worried about dining on our cruise! Should I be?

I do not think you should worry about the food on Azamara. I am sure you will enjoy it and they are very willing to please.

Yes steak is on the every day menu (I believe it is New York Strip Steak) and there will be no problem with having a pasta entree should you wish.

Suggest you also pay a visit to Prime C, one of the speciality restaurants. The meat is excellent there.

Enjoy your first Azamara cruise

Also - the buffet is very good. Especially when they have a theme - eg Indian/Italian etc. A minor point but I found that the bread was to die for! The waist might suffer on a TA voyage. You have no need to worry. Enjoy :)

As others have noted, there is steak available in the main dining room every day. As for the pasta, you can order a 2nd entree if you want, but I've also had them quickly offer to serve me a pasta dish in appetizer/side dish portion sizes when I've asked.

As others have noted, there is steak available in the main dining room every day. As for the pasta, you can order a 2nd entree if you want, but I've also had them quickly offer to serve me a pasta dish in appetizer/side dish portion sizes when I've asked.

Very Good! Thanks all! I am now looking forward to our first Azamara experience! As an American retired in Thailand, Thai's do not eat beef nor have good beef! I have my beef experiences on my cruises and with my family in Georgia! We'll be on the 11/6/17 Quest TA! Bon Voyage to you all!

Lots and lots and lots of beef. In Prime C the cuts are massive. You may O.D. and not want to touch beef again! IMHO opinion the food overall on Azamara is better than some of the snooty super-luxury lines. We're boarding the Journey Nov. 25 and look forward to lots of good food, and lots of variety. Bon appetite!

The burgers are good too, and don't forget the wine. You will have plenty of time to eat chicken and drink beer when you get back to Thailand.

Kampol and Lee.

Dining room and room service burgers are ground onboard from the small end of a beef tenderloin.

First, the only BAD meal I've ever had on Azamara (3 cruises, approx 30 days on board) was their "version" of Beef Stroganoff. It was beyond revolting, completely disgusting, and 5 years later, still quite memorable. I would highly advise AGAINST it. If you see it, run away from it. That said, their beef is wonderful. It is always available in the Main Dining room for dinner, as is chicken, pasta, salmon, etc. Should you wish to deviate from the daily menu, enjoy! I believe it is available at lunch time. I know that I've ordered small steaks with my breakfasts on the veranda. They are okay, definitely not up to par with the dining room selections. As someone mentioned, Prime C is their signature steak restaurant. Their fillet is great, their sirloin is great, the rib eye is great, the veal chop is great (my Bernaise sauce is better than Azamara's, but not by much.) Now, if you would like to take my professional card, I specialize in cholesterol disorders, and business has been slow this week. Enjoy! OBTW: Just which cruise are you on? We are booked on the Miami-Nice transatlantic in April '16. If that is your's , I'll pack extra lipitor...

Lots and lots and lots of beef. In Prime C the cuts are massive. You may O.D. and not want to touch beef again! IMHO opinion the food overall on Azamara is better than some of the snooty super-luxury lines. We're boarding the Journey Nov. 25 and look forward to lots of good food, and lots of variety. Bon appetite!

The beef might be great but give the Yorkshire Pudding the widest berth possible. They were the worst I have tasted in any food outlet bar none.

First, the only BAD meal I've ever had on Azamara (3 cruises, approx 30 days on board) was their "version" of Beef Stroganoff. It was beyond revolting, completely disgusting, and 5 years later, still quite memorable. I would highly advise AGAINST it. If you see it, run away from it. That said, their beef is wonderful. It is always available in the Main Dining room for dinner, as is chicken, pasta, salmon, etc. Should you wish to deviate from the daily menu, enjoy! I believe it is available at lunch time. I know that I've ordered small steaks with my breakfasts on the veranda. They are okay, definitely not up to par with the dining room selections. As someone mentioned, Prime C is their signature steak restaurant. Their fillet is great, their sirloin is great, the rib eye is great, the veal chop is great (my Bernaise sauce is better than Azamara's, but not by much.) Now, if you would like to take my professional card, I specialize in cholesterol disorders, and business has been slow this week. Enjoy! OBTW: Just which cruise are you on? We are booked on the Miami-Nice transatlantic in April '16. If that is your's , I'll pack extra lipitor...

Hi Dr H,

In light of my official position with ACC I probably shouldn't post that your comments here made me LOL :)

Sadly, the veal chop in Prime C is no more and I so enjoyed it with the anchovy butter!

The alternative is veal tenderloin ( 5oz or 8oz).

However the chateaubriand for two is wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone ( with a side of Lipitor).

Also, the lamb is excellent in the MDR.

Sadly, the veal chop in Prime C is no more and I so enjoyed it with the anchovy butter!

The alternative is veal tenderloin ( 5oz or 8oz).

However the chateaubriand for two is wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone ( with a side of Lipitor).

Also, the lamb is excellent in the MDR.

Veal chop is on one of the two Aqualina menus.

First, the only BAD meal I've ever had on Azamara (3 cruises, approx 30 days on board) was their "version" of Beef Stroganoff. It was beyond revolting, completely disgusting, and 5 years later, still quite memorable. I would highly advise AGAINST it. If you see it, run away from it.

That's only because you've never had MY version of Beef Stroganoff. From either the Whole Earth Catalog or a Campbell's soup can: ground beef, Cream of Mushroom soup, onion powder, sour cream (at least one "real" ingredient!). But heh, it was my cooking that attracted my wife to me -- and Thanks Be To God she discovered real culinary skills once she put her mind to it. We haven't had that Beef Stroganoff in forty years.