1 night stay close to FLL- reasonable price

Redsfan

We are spending almost 2 weeks down in Florida (condo/cruise) in December and will need a 1 night reasonable hotel near FLL that has a shuttle back and forth to the airport for flights, rental car drop.

Any suggestions?

A quick read down the board will find dozens of threads on hotels. Additionally, you will the common recommendation to visit the website sunny.org, which list hotels in Ft Lauderdale with their amenities, like airport shuttles.

"Reasonable" is a opinion only you can have- it will mean something different to every one. Depending on when you are talking about, I would expect rates to climb as the Christmas timeframe approaches.

$100 in that range. We have a rental already for close to a 2 week period so just need something somewhat close for our flight. We have the car already, but will likely need an airport shuttle.

I can also find many hotels in that range, just looking for advice from others and their experiences.

$100 in that range. We have a rental already for close to a 2 week period so just need something somewhat close for our flight. We have the car already, but will likely need an airport shuttle.

I can also find many hotels in that range, just looking for advice from others and their experiences.

You need to up your budget to about $150. That budget for December is unrealistic.

Look at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street, Comfort Suites on Federal, and all the hotels in the Sterling Road area.

I think that you are saying that you don't need a hotel with a rental car drop off, but that you want a shuttle to/from the airport where you will drop off your car. And I think that you are saying that you want to drop off the car and then go to the hotel by shuttle?

Your budget is very low. Hotels close to that price (with shuttles) will be Sleep Inn Dania and Rodeway Inn Ft Lauderdale. If you can get a Valuetrips rate at Hyatt Place that will be $139. Or priceline an airport or downtown hotel.

I think that you are saying that you don't need a hotel with a rental car drop off, but that you want a shuttle to/from the airport where you will drop off your car. And I think that you are saying that you want to drop off the car and then go to the hotel by shuttle?

Your budget is very low. Hotels close to that price (with shuttles) will be Sleep Inn Dania and Rodeway Inn Ft Lauderdale. If you can get a Valuetrips rate at Hyatt Place that will be $139. Or priceline an airport or downtown hotel.

thanks these are ideas. I see $100 is flea bag rate so may have to up it a bit..

thanks these are ideas. I see $100 is flea bag rate so may have to up it a bit..

LOL, fleabag is right! Most of all we don't want you booking in a high crime neighborhood just to save $40. The hotels I mentioned are not the greatest but they are safe and have free shuttles at least. Check reviews on tripadvisor. Also check out Best Western on State Rd 84, Quality Inn on Stirling Rd. and LaQuinta Hollywood. I think they are all budget hotels with free airport shuttles, but make sure they have the shuttles before you book.

Happy travels!:)

LOL, fleabag is right! Most of all we don't want you booking in a high crime neighborhood just to save $40. The hotels I mentioned are not the greatest but they are safe and have free shuttles at least. Check reviews on tripadvisor. Also check out Best Western on State Rd 84, Quality Inn on Stirling Rd. and LaQuinta Hollywood. I think they are all budget hotels with free airport shuttles, but make sure they have the shuttles before you book.

Happy travels!:)

think we wound up getting the last room at Sleep Inn for $120 so good timing..

You need to up your budget to about $150. That budget for December is unrealistic.

Look at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street, Comfort Suites on Federal, and all the hotels in the Sterling Road area.

Hi BlueHerons,

Whats your thought on Newport Beachside Resort? I saw that you recommend this hotel in other threads but i can't find current threads.

Thank you.

Hi BlueHerons,

Whats your thought on Newport Beachside Resort? I saw that you recommend this hotel in other threads but i can't find current threads.

Thank you.

I LOVE this hotel! I haven't stayed there in years but I love the beach area. It's kind of between Sunny Isles and Aventura which means you are very close to the Aventura Mall. It's like the third largest mall in the US.

The beach is great up there and tons of options for shopping and dining (see above).

The downside is traffic.

It isn't convenient at all to the Port of Miami or Port Everglades. Depending on time of day, it can take 40 minutes to get to Port Everglades and an hour to Port of Miami.

Deerfield Beach is so close to FLL. You might be better to stay there and drive in the morning of the cruise. :)

ah yes....but, a certain family member has made sure that wouldn't be as easy as it sounds..hence, the hotel search. We are back at the condo after the cruise for a period of time, and there is a one day conflict sharing the place

Edited by Redsfan

Are you going to turn in your rental car and then rent again after the cruise? I also agree that staying in Deerfield Beach would be easier than going to a hotel. Deerfield Beach is not that far from the port. You can drive to the port, drop off your car, take a taxi to the port and do the reverse after the cruise.

I LOVE this hotel! I haven't stayed there in years but I love the beach area. It's kind of between Sunny Isles and Aventura which means you are very close to the Aventura Mall. It's like the third largest mall in the US.

The beach is great up there and tons of options for shopping and dining (see above).

The downside is traffic.

It isn't convenient at all to the Port of Miami or Port Everglades. Depending on time of day, it can take 40 minutes to get to Port Everglades and an hour to Port of Miami.

Thank you very much!

I booked for one night (Jan 16) for $135 including breakfast. Our cruise leave on Jan 17 from POM. We're thinking of renting a car instead of getting a taxi/shuttle. Pick up at FLL and drop off at MIA and taking the free shuttle to POM. They'll be 4 adults and a 2 year old.

Thanks for the info!!

Thank you very much!

I booked for one night (Jan 16) for $135 including breakfast. Our cruise leave on Jan 17 from POM. We're thinking of renting a car instead of getting a taxi/shuttle. Pick up at FLL and drop off at MIA and taking the free shuttle to POM. They'll be 4 adults and a 2 year old.

Thanks for the info!!

I presume you noticed the additional resort fee of $20 per person per night http://www.newportbeachsideresort.com/hotel-faqs.shtml - those fees are very common in Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Just make sure you add the cost of parking ($20/night for self; $25 for valet) if you rent a car. You'll also need a car seat in the rental car according to Florida law for the 2 year old.

Edited by capriccio

I presume you noticed the additional resort fee of $20 per person per night http://www.newportbeachsideresort.com/hotel-faqs.shtml - those fees are very common in Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Just make sure you add the cost of parking ($20/night for self; $25 for valet) if you rent a car. You'll also need a car seat in the rental car according to Florida law for the 2 year old.

I booked it thru a Canadian travel agency and the resort fee and tax is included in that price. I checked all the transportation services and it'll cost about $60 from FLL to hotel and 60$ from hotel to POM. We'll use airmiles to rent car so i think it'll still be cheaper unless you can recommend something?

Thank you.