Walk On With Luggage Question

TRAVELINGMAN2

We had a big case as we had a land tour first. Not a problem. The weight seems to be the only consideration. Don't want to be injuring the staff.

Actually, as we age, it became too big so we have bought a smaller one to have one each. We only bought it in the first place as we bought a painting in Venice and needed something to put it in. I bought handbags to fill it:D

I have a 20" wide piece of luggage that I would like to walk onto the ship with. Does anyone know if that size would fit through the scanners at Celebrity? We are not flying and we just wanted to take our luggage onto the ship when we check in.

Thanks.:)

Each guest is permitted to carry a reasonable amount of personal property (including luggage) aboard the vessel; however, for your comfort and convenience, it is recommended that you limit the number of pieces you take.

Any carry-on luggage must be able to fit through the x-ray screening machines. These machines vary in size from port to port, however generally they are similar to those found at airport security check points. Guests wishing to carry their luggage with them during boarding should note that their stateroom may not be immediately available to store their luggage.

We always pack super light and only have a 21" Roller Board and Carry on. We never use luggage valet on the ship.

It is possible to do a 7, 10 or 14 day trip out of a 21" suitcase.

If you pack right you can do it in the smaller bags. I've never seen anyone carry on the larger bags.

The scanners at the embarkation centers are the same as the TSA has I'm not sure you can get a 24 inch in the scanner.

I just measured the suitcases and they are each 20x31x10 inches deep. They are on wheels so won't have to carry. We are leaving out of the Fort Lauderdale Celebrity Terminal. Does anyone have any knowledge if this size bag will fit through the scanners at Fort Lauderdale? Thanks.

I just measured the suitcases and they are each 20x31x10 inches deep. They are on wheels so won't have to carry. We are leaving out of the Fort Lauderdale Celebrity Terminal. Does anyone have any knowledge if this size bag will fit through the scanners at Fort Lauderdale? Thanks.

if it fits through a standard airline scanner it will fit. if it does not then you will not be allowed to hand carry it

That appears to be a full sized suit case and will probably not fit through the scanner. I have a larger Samsonite 24" tall and 15" wide carry on piece, where yours is 31" tall an 20" wide. Mine has made it through every time but barely with room to spare. I really don't think you will be able to carry it on.

You should be just fine! Enjoy your cruise.

I'm impressed you can get buy with so little luggage! Sadly my husband and I will each be taking a giant bag and hope to keep it under 50 lbs each. :eek:

When DH was with airline and we pass rode we traveled all over the world with small carry on. Went to Kenya for 2 weeks with no issues. You learn to mix and match and keep in mind you probably will never see any of your fellow cruisers again. It is not a fashion show but a relaxing cruise to see the world. Pack light and enjoy your cruise. We gave away all of our large luggage and bought airline size roll on luggage years ago. Less is more.

Glad to see this thread . Always wondered why so many self disembark but virtually no one self embarks . :confused:

That appears to be a full sized suit case and will probably not fit through the scanner. I have a larger Samsonite 24" tall and 15" wide carry on piece, where yours is 31" tall an 20" wide. Mine has made it through every time but barely with room to spare. I really don't think you will be able to carry it on.
OK - So 15" wide fits . Good !

When DH was with airline and we pass rode we traveled all over the world with small carry on. Went to Kenya for 2 weeks with no issues. You learn to mix and match and keep in mind you probably will never see any of your fellow cruisers again. It is not a fashion show but a relaxing cruise to see the world. Pack light and enjoy your cruise. We gave away all of our large luggage and bought airline size roll on luggage years ago. Less is more.

Agree!! Another help is to purchase Ziploc "Space Bags" at your local supermarket or Bed, Bath and Beyond. They come in various sizes - I get the travel size. I put pretty much everything in them - after ironing and stacking - and when unpacking just hang everything up. If you are careful, things do not wrinkle and you can fit more in your rollerboard suitcase than you could every imagine.

Sneakers, liquids, cameras, jewelry and binoculars go in the carry-ons.

As I tell friends going on their first cruise "Even you are not going to remember what you wore on the cruise!!". Just enjoy!