What will the Harmony of the Seas show be?

jaydc2

The clues from Nick Weir on Twitter are:

"We have an awesome West End/Broadway/MOVIE show for Harmony (Clue)

My guess/hope:

1. Wicked

2. Billy Elliott

3. Phantom of the Opera

4. Evita

Anyone else?

The clues from Nick Weir on Twitter are:

"We have an awesome West End/Broadway/MOVIE show for Harmony (Clue)

My guess/hope:

1. Wicked

2. Billy Elliott

3. Phantom of the Opera

4. Evita

Anyone else?

I saw this too. Although I read some of his replies and he said that the chandelier for Phantom would have to be installed early on, so I think that means no.

Wicked is by far my absolute favorite play and if they put it on the Harmony I will absolutely need to book when it comes to the U.S. (and kick myself for canceling the 7-night Med. Sailing.) But it's not a movie, yet.

My guess is West Side Story.

Wicked is going to be s movie next year.

That's why I said yet.

Which is why, unfortunately, I don't think it'll be Wicked. My thinking that is if someone says something like he did, mentioning Broadway/West End/MOVIE, it would be a current movie/already out.

I hope I'm wrong.

Little Shop of Horrors might be cute too.

I love all of your original list and Little Shop...but I haven't seen Billy Elliot or Little Shop. So if they choose one of those that's reason in itself to book.

I would think Billy Elliott is doubtful as there would need to be several children cast and that would not work well,on a ship. Would love Wicked but still too popular and expensive. Maybe the Producers? Jersey Boys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Into the Woods would be a great show for a ship. Its a little dark, but its funny, has great memorable songs and story lines that most folks would be familiar with. Spamalot is also a great, funny show.

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Into the Woods would be a great show for a ship. Its a little dark, but its funny, has great memorable songs and story lines that most folks would be familiar with. Spamalot is also a great, funny show.

The film version of Into the Woods is a Walt Disney production, so I'm not sure how that might work (esp. given that they emphasized the film version in that tweet).

I would think Billy Elliott is doubtful as there would need to be several children cast and that would not work well,on a ship. Would love Wicked but still too popular and expensive. Maybe the Producers? Jersey Boys?

Jersey Boys underwhelms me, but I'm not a fan of jukebox musicals in general. If I want to hear the greatest hits of ABBA, Queen, or whomever, I'll throw on one of those bands' greatest hits albums, I don't need a contrived, usually godawful, plot thrown around those greatest hits.

Anyway, concur with whomever said earlier it probably won't be a piece that requires child actors so that also eliminates Les Miz. Maybe Grease? Or latch onto that Dreamworks money and go for Shrek? Personally I'd love to see Rocky Horror but that'll never happen :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed

The film version of Into the Woods is a Walt Disney production, so I'm not sure how that might work (esp. given that they emphasized the film version in that tweet)

Disney just had the film rights. For musicals, the licensing is different. I am pretty sure Into the Woods show licenses are from MTI which is one of the big companies that manages production licenses for musicals. There are others though. One thing you will never see is a musical based off a Disney original film/musical coming to any cruise line other that Disney (i.e. Little Mermaid, Lion King, Newsies, etc).

If people think Cats was long, they definitely won't want to bring in Les Mis. Miss Saigon is also out seeing as it ends in a suicide, not exactly encouraging. Anything Goes would be fun, lots of dancing and based on a ship. Rent is an easy production to pull off, but the storyline is a bit heavy for the majority of the audience I think.

We won't know until they announce but it is fun to speculate. Rocky Horror would be awesome - we can all throw toilet paper on stage.

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Disney just had the film rights. For musicals, the licensing is different. I am pretty sure Into the Woods show licenses are from MTI which is one of the big companies that manages production licenses for musicals. There are others though. One thing you will never see is a musical based off a Disney original film/musical coming to any cruise line other that Disney (i.e. Little Mermaid, Lion King, Newsies, etc).

If people think Cats was long, they definitely won't want to bring in Les Mis. Miss Saigon is also out seeing as it ends in a suicide, not exactly encouraging. Anything Goes would be fun, lots of dancing and based on a ship. Rent is an easy production to pull off, but the storyline is a bit heavy for the majority of the audience I think.

We won't know until they announce but it is fun to speculate. Rocky Horror would be awesome - we can all throw toilet paper on stage.

Ah, thanks for clarifying on the fact that Disney only holds the film rights. Maybe I just have a good attention span compared to most (possible, I'm one of those types who actually goes to a baseball game for the game and will arrive before first pitch and won't leave until the end of a game) but I didn't find Cats that long and at a stated 2 hr and 40 minute runtime (per Playbill), it's the same length as Hairspray and We Will Rock You and only 10 minutes longer than Chicago and Mamma Mia! (or Jersey Boys).

How about Footloose? I'm sure Mr. Bacon would love to be in the cast of that and then Royal can have their very own version of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon :D

Ah, thanks for clarifying on the fact that Disney only holds the film rights. Maybe I just have a good attention span compared to most (possible, I'm one of those types who actually goes to a baseball game for the game and will arrive before first pitch and won't leave until the end of a game) but I didn't find Cats that long and at a stated 2 hr and 40 minute runtime (per Playbill), it's the same length as Hairspray and We Will Rock You and only 10 minutes longer than Chicago and Mamma Mia! (or Jersey Boys).

How about Footloose? I'm sure Mr. Bacon would love to be in the cast of that and then Royal can have their very own version of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon :D

I didn't find Cats long either. I have seen it on Broadway, on tour, and on Oasis last year. I will also be watching it again next month on the Oasis. It is a great show. I didn't find Lea Mis long either.

It would be nice if it was not a jukebox musical as I am really not a big fan, I prefer original shows.

I think Footloose is a great guess!