onboard internet price

smilin jack

Does O still offer a reduced internet package once on board?

On our last cruise we bought the whole cruise package for 19.95/day ver. 29.95/day as I recall.

I haven't seen that rate, but in the past there was a discount if your cruise was over a certain amount of days, 13 I think, but any verbiage to that effect has been removed for the O website, or the blue vacation planners, concerning internet packages. I suspect that discount has gone away.

I think it went from 27.99 a day to 21.99 a day, for cruise longer than a certain number of days, then if you were in Concierge or higher there is a discount and also a discount for being bronze level or higher.

The Concierge discount (10%) still applies as well as the Oceania Club discount, which is 20% at bronze(5 cruises), another 10% at platinum(20 cruises) and an additional 30% at diamond (40 cruises). At 60 cruises they just give it to you, as well as a bunch of other stuff, but I digress.

Don't confuse the Concierge discount with the free minutes available when you book the Concierge & PH levels.

Oceania Suite, Vista Suite & Owner's Suite get free unlimited internet.

Many sailings also offer free Unlimited internet, check what is available.

Your 'Blue Book' that you will receive for O about 60 days prior to your sailing will spell out the Internet package that applies to your sailing. Right now there is no consistency, as some sailings had incentives that included Internet. The free internet in top suites does not begin until Winter, which is in December depending upon the cruise you are booked on. We are in an OC, but free internet doesn't start until after our cruise, our 'blue book' indicates: unlimited for $27.99 per day, $160 for 200 minutes or, and .99 per minute for pay as you go. All plans have an additional &3.95 activation fee! (Which is a total rip off!) I'm really glad to see the Internet packages and incentives changing. O has the most expensive Internet I have ever experienced.

Omigosh, that's incredible. But you don't HAVE to take the daily package. In that case I'd take the 200 minutes as I used to do before we got the free internet. (To clarify, we've gotten the free unlimited package on our last 3 cruises or so but I think that's because we're silver. Either that or we were lucky enough to be on cruises that gave that perk.)

Mura

On our cruise of 25 days that start next week, the internet package will be $700 for the whole cruise....too much for me!

I was hoping that O would offer a reduced package once on the ship...

Are you in a concierge room or higher? Are you Bronze or higher in Oceania Club? Those are your options, I wouldn't expect a discount to be offered on ship. But you never know.

Almost all the discount agencies I follow are offering free internet currently. On last long Insignia we also had free internet but saw it offered at $27 per day. Spend a little time looking.

Edited by zoncom

I am booked on a b2b on the Riviera next summer in a Concierge cabin. Part of the deal is free 300 minutes on the first 8 day cruise and then 200 minutes on the second cruise of 7 days. My query is whether there would be any mileage in asking my TA to see if he can get a quote for unlimited internet on both segments.

Obviously I could pay the unlimited rate of approx 27 dollars a day but I would be seeking a discount on this price.

I would effectively be 'cashing in' my free minutes in the hope of a discounted unlimited rate.

Has anyone had experience of doing this. Thanks

I am booked on a b2b on the Riviera next summer in a Concierge cabin. Part of the deal is free 300 minutes on the first 8 day cruise and then 200 minutes on the second cruise of 7 days. My query is whether there would be any mileage in asking my TA to see if he can get a quote for unlimited internet on both segments.

Obviously I could pay the unlimited rate of approx 27 dollars a day but I would be seeking a discount on this price.

I would effectively be 'cashing in' my free minutes in the hope of a discounted unlimited rate.

Has anyone had experience of doing this. Thanks

Keep us updated on how that works out. As the included minutes for certain room categories is all a new thing I haven't seen that question come up. Surely there would be some trade value for your included minutes, although I doubt what they would charge for them.

Another option would be to use up your minutes then take out the unlimited for your remaining days.

Ridiculously expensive and painfully slow! Just returned from a trip on Insignia, purchased the 200 minutes for $160 (minus the 10% concierge benefit) and of the 200 minutes we probably had less than half working minutes. Loading of web pages was incredibly slow which significantly reduced useful time. I would think with technology as it is today they could offer a better Internet experience, but then who knows what the cost would be! Not worth it, IMHO.

Keep us updated on how that works out. As the included minutes for certain room categories is all a new thing I haven't seen that question come up. Surely there would be some trade value for your included minutes, although I doubt what they would charge for them.

Another option would be to use up your minutes then take out the unlimited for your remaining days.

Could I do that? Could I use my included minutes and then buy unlimited for the remaining days? Does one not have to take the unlimited package for the entire cruise?

No, but once you do order it you have it for the balance of the cruise. So you certainly should be able to use up your "free" minutes and then add the package.

OH! I didn't know this! This is great news. I was also under the impression that you had to buy the whole package for the duration of your cruise. We get 300 free minutes with our PH, so I didn't want to buy the unlimited package, as that would seem redundant. But if we can wait until we've used up our minutes and then buy it, that makes a whole lot more sense.

THANKS! :) I learn something new here every day.

Lee, my recollection is that when the package was first announced you had to take it at the beginning (within 3 days I think) for the full duration. But then they changed to advertising it throughout the cruise.

Or am I thinking of the liquor package????????????

I'm pretty sure on our cruise last spring that Currents was advertising the package until the end.

Mura

So I can buy the liquor package half-way through, and only pay for the days remaining, as well?

AWESOME! If I run out of wine, I may do this. Or if I find I'm buying more martinis than I'm anticipating.

I'm liking O more and more. And I haven't even set foot on the ship yet! :D

Lee, my recollection is that when the package was first announced you had to take it at the beginning (within 3 days I think) for the full duration. But then they changed to advertising it throughout the cruise.

Or am I thinking of the liquor package????????????

I'm pretty sure on our cruise last spring that Currents was advertising the package until the end.

Mura

I think the official policy for both is 3 days, BUT, just like many things, once on board things are different. We have frequently waited until the 2nd or 3rd day to purchase the Internet, (when it's not included) and I've also purchased the drink package deep into a cruise. You only pay for the remaining days.

Edited by ORV