RC Navagator of the Seas vs X Eclipse

retired067

What type of rooms are you considering? Navigator and Eclipse are quite different styles of ships. I think Navigator is very enjoyable for short cruises, but I think for the TA I'd rather be on the Eclipse.

I would think that the Navigator would have more "arranged" entertainment than the Eclipse, but I do not really look for that type of stuff on a cruise. I think overall it will be a very personal decision.

But, all things aside, being on a cruise is... being on a cruise and not at home ;)

In my experience:

Eclipse rooms slightly nicer

Eclipse food much better

Navigator entertainment better

Navigator more "stuff" to do

I would choose Eclipse, but I do not care for rock climbing and all that stuff.

Agree with everything but the food. Have always found the food on the two lines are very comparable. Been told they use the same suppliers and buy the same quality.

S class has an enclosed adults only solarium pool, Navigator had a nice solarium but it was all outdoor.(been awhile since we sailed on her...check the deck plans)

Navigator had a very nice indoor cigar bar.., on S class smokers have limited outdoor spots..

Navigator was alot of fun in the Carib...nice clubs open late, parades in the mall area...S class more sophisticated...elegant....rooms nicer/larger on X.

When we cruised on Navigator.. much better music and bands...but info not current...sorry!

Edited by hcat

Agree with everything but the food. Have always found the food on the two lines are very comparable. Been told they use the same suppliers and buy the same quality.

I'm going to have to disagree. Celebrity's food is leaps and bounds better than RCL. Navigator was probably the worst MDR food I've ever had on a ship and I've sailed NCL!

Eclipse is one of our favorite ships but Navigator is our son's favorite ship of all, even including Oasis Class ships. We are in our early seventies. He is forty. That might be the crucial difference.

I would much prefer to do a TransAtlantic on Eclipse, because of the size of the ship, the food and, yes, even the lawn. Our son took an instant liking to Navigator. He liked the "vibe" and the friendly crew. He had no complaints about the food. It was the first cruise he ever took and it remains his best liked.

Our other son and his wife are still Oasis Class fans, so whether any particular ship wil be to one's liking very much depends on what one finds important about a ship be it quality and variety of food, entertainment, amenities such as Flow Riders, rock climbing walls, or glass blowing demonstrations and so on.

Edited by Gangway Style

In my experience:

Eclipse rooms slightly nicer

Eclipse food much better

Navigator entertainment better

Navigator more "stuff" to do

I would choose Eclipse, but I do not care for rock climbing and all that stuff.

I've sailed both ships and I would agree with you 100%. The food on the Eclipse is much better than the Navigator. The Navigator does have a new and nice Diamond Lounge.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Done both

Had the best cruise ever on a transatlantic on the Navigator

But love the Eclipse,

However if I was doing a TA I would choose the Navigator

Just more to do the food is just food was never hungry

Edited by swigso

The food on Royal Caribbean is terrible. Celebrity is so much better. Sat next to a Carnival cruiser on a RCI cruise. They said they would never again sail RCI again bc of the food and choices. I've never tried Carnival and I have been on 26 cruises. My son just tried NCL and said never again. I try to take Celebrity whenever I can.

Not true on the food. Yes it's the same company overall. Isn't a Cadillac somewhat better than a Chevy? That's how I compare cruise line companies. Celebrity has a higher food budget than it's parent co. & that reflects in the quality of food. Try Carnival vs. Cunard for example. The food on Cunard is far superior to the parent company. The specialty rest. well that's a bit more hazy.

The food on Royal Caribbean is terrible. Celebrity is so much better. Sat next to a Carnival cruiser on a RCI cruise. They said they would never again sail RCI again bc of the food and choices. I've never tried Carnival and I have been on 26 cruises. My son just tried NCL and said never again. I try to take Celebrity whenever I can.

We had friends who departed a Celebrity cruise last Feb. & immediately walked dow to the NCL Breakaway for a 7 day trip. My God did they hate it never again they said. The described to food as not even Applebee's quality. The specialty rest. were good, but not worth the price.

Done both

Had the best cruise ever on a transatlantic on the Navigator

But love the Eclipse,

However if I was doing a TA I would choose the Navigator

Just more to do the food is just food was never hungry

We're foodies, so it can be a deal breaker for us.