LIVE: 11/2 Nieuw Amsterdam transatlantic - TravelingWithTheJones

travelinjones

The process from the hotel to the ship went fairly smoothly - our bus left the hotel about 11:20 pm and we were in our cabin by 12:30.

One disappointment - at check-in we received a letter with a revised itinerary from what we were told yesterday. Alicante is back in with each port moved a day - but the port call in the Azores is cancelled.

No explanation. This means 8 straight days at sea. We were really looking forward to the Azores as it was a new destination for us.

Regardless, we will have fun!

Edited by travelinjones

The process from the hotel to the ship went fairly smoothly - our bus left the hotel about 11:20 pm and we were in our cabin by 12:30.

One disappointment - at check-in we received a letter with a revised itinerary from what we were told yesterday. Alicante is back in with each port moved a day - but the port call in the Azores is cancelled.

No explanation. This means 8 straight days at sea. We were really looking forward to the Azores as it was a new destination for us.

Regardless, we will have fun!

That's a shame about the Azores. It is such a nice stop and it will make the TA feel longer. I'm sure you will have fun just the same :)

A shame about the azores...it's such a beautiful island. What happens to those folks who have booked private excursions, say wit Spain Day Tours?

We had private tours booked in 3 ports - 2 of them we were able to switch to the next day without a problem (we emailed the tour company as soon as we got on the ship and learned of the changed itinerary.

Tomorrow we will get in touch with our driver in the Azores -he agreed not to charge us if our ship missed the port call.

TAMARIND ALERT - we went to make a lunch reservation today -- and NO MORE LUNCH. The manager said they are no longer open for lunch - only dinner and the bento boxes served to your room for $9.75 each between 5:30 - 9:30 pm.

We enjoyed the set lunch. Has anyone else heard of its demise?

TAMARIND ALERT - we went to make a lunch reservation today -- and NO MORE LUNCH. The manager said they are no longer open for lunch - only dinner and the bento boxes served to your room for $9.75 each between 5:30 - 9:30 pm.

First thanks for taking us along on your trip.

Second OH NO about Tamarind lunch being discontinued. I really wanted to try it when I get the chance :(

Oh no - there goes that plan then. There's been a discussion about the lunch vs the dinner on another thread, and I was going to try the lunch first.:(

I got off the eurodam on November 1 and they still have the tamarind open at lunch on selected days. In my mind lunch is not that great but it eliminates one more choice for lunch. The MDR was closed pretty much every day for lunch on the eurodam. Thankfully the pinnacle was open several days.

Glad you finally made it on the ship. Hoping that's the end of the hiccups. Looking forward to hearing more.

Oh no - Tamarind Lunch no more. I wonder if that had anything to do with my trouble booking our specialty restaurant reservations today? I had no trouble booking the PG and Canaletto, but had to call Ship Services to book the Tamarind.

Time to re-visit the itinerary and look at other lunch options.

Thanks for the heads up. How is the NA? Is the ship still in great shape. The NA is our favourite HAL ship and we are so looking forward to our upcoming cruise.

Oh no - Tamarind Lunch no more. I wonder if that had anything to do with my trouble booking our specialty restaurant reservations today? I had no trouble booking the PG and Canaletto, but had to call Ship Services to book the Tamarind.

Time to re-visit the itinerary and look at other lunch options.

Thanks for the heads up. How is the NA? Is the ship still in great shape. The NA is our favourite HAL ship and we are so looking forward to our upcoming cruise.

I'm not having any trouble booking the tamarind for my April 2016 cruise.