Back From JOTS - Still Swaying?

I returned yesterday on the JOTS and had a great time. However, I feel like I am still swaying. If you've experienced this, how long did it take for this feeling to subside for you?

Thanks!

Edited by SteadyBetty

I returned yesterday on the JOTS and had a great time. However, I feel like I am still swaying. If you've experienced this, how long did it take for this feeling to subside for you?

Thanks!

Has happened to me a bunch of times. Usually, it lasts about a week. I take an antihistamine, like Allegra, and that seems to make a big difference.

Thanks!

The best solution is to stay on the ship. :D

Couple of days to a week, and you'll be fine.

I've had that happen a few times, but never for more than a few days.

Need to fill this spot with the next cruise quick!!!

You still haven't booked another cruise? You do know winter is coming again don't you?

This happened to my husband after we returned off IOS, after a couple of days he went to his GP as it was not getting any easier walking etc, the doctor told him to take sea sickness tablets. He did so for a couple of days and then was fine!

I had it for 2 weeks after my first cruise......my woodstove was undulating and my kitchen counter would drop away from me....creepy and annoying....had to be careful in the pool....got confused about which way was up...an adventure for sure....many cruises later and it is less each time.....now just a minor annoyance.....sea sick meds very helpful....feel better soon!

You still haven't booked another cruise? You do know winter is coming again don't you?

I know! We are looking at a FOS cruise in Jan. 2017. We'd be on board for my birthday. That would make me happy! Our kids want us to do an all inclusive with them in 2016. My wife and I have not done one yet, so we'll see.

This happens to me after every cruise. For me, it has lasted from 3 to 10 days. I continue to take Bonine (as I do on the ship) for at least a few days post-cruise.

Not a fun feeling while staring at a computer for work.

Annoying, but the cruise is worth it. :)

If it continues, take a Bonine at night (Meclizine) for a few days and that should get rid of it.

Each cruise I took it would get worse , lasting a couple of weeks, walking like a drunk- then I started taking Bonine on the last night of the cruise and for several days after. No more problem...

First, let me say that I am so happy to know I'm not alone. I freaked out after our first cruise when I was still swaying after being home for 3 or 4 days... It takes me about a week to 10 days for that feeling to pass every time we get back. I take Bonine - start 2 days before we leave, the time we are cruising and for about 10 days after we re home... No stress, it does pass. Just a slight inconvenience for a great vacation.