Indy for 16 yr old boy's first cruise

blonde375

Hello, can anyone offer an opinion if the Independence of the Seas would be a good choice for our son's first cruise? He is 16 (turning 17 at end of cruise) and hopefully will have a buddy with us. Thinking of sailing 12/19 from Ft Lauderdale to Belize and Cozumel....5 nights.

Any input is appreciated! TIA!!

Edited by blonde375

excellent choice. Flow rider, climbing wall and ice skating. Be sure to have him (and buddy) go to youth programming the 1st night--it's the meet-greet and a lot of teens then see each other around the ship and hang out. Make sure to book an active excursion in at least 1 port--my teens get bored with just beach days.

Edited by elaine5

Please report back on how they like it. I will be taking my sons on the IOS on 3/31/16.

It will be their first cruise and only my second. Boarding day is my youngest son's 16th birthday. My older son is 17. We will have Cozumel as our port that cruise.

Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated :)

Just back from a 7 day on Indy with my 16 & 17 year old daughters. They LOVED it!!! Flowrider, rock climbing, ice skating, arcade, swimming, Karaoke...so much for them to do and a club specifically for teens where they can come and go as they please.

I think its a great choice!

Hello, can anyone offer an opinion if the Independence of the Seas would be a good choice for our son's first cruise? He is 16 (turning 17 at end of cruise) and hopefully will have a buddy with us. Thinking of sailing 12/19 from Ft Lauderdale to Belize and Cozumel....5 nights.

Any input is appreciated! TIA!!

Awesome ship for a first timer that age. Our son (23) was on it for the first time when he was 20. He had a ball. Lots to do for a 16 year old on that ship. Flowrider, rock climbing wall, gym, pool, sauna, steam room (my son and I both enjoy a good steam :) ), Royal Promenade - great food options. Yep, can't go wrong.