Almond or Coconut Milk (need for giving medications to special needs child)????

batt01

My daughter with autism takes her medications every morning in a cup of warm almond or coconut milk. Will I be able to order either of these through room service? Can I bring on a cryovac package of individual sized milks, if they can't provide it for me? Thanks

My daughter with autism takes her medications every morning in a cup of warm almond or coconut milk. Will I be able to order either of these through room service? Can I bring on a cryovac package of individual sized milks, if they can't provide it for me? Thanks

You should definitely take your own. They will not mind at all.

:)

Bring 2 travel mugs with u and a large bowl go to the cafe promade or equivalent and fill the travel mugs with hot water pop your pre packed milk in the bowl and cover with water not ideal but an idea maybe get your daughter used to drinking the milk at a slight lower temperature prior to leaving so if u can't get it hot enough it's not a traumatic for her

Our son drinks rice milk. We bring our own individual size milks on board. If we fly, we have to pack them in checked luggage as they are more than 3 oz but we just surround them with some clothes and bathing suits in the suitcase and have never had any problem with them busting open.

The hot water in your cabin will be hot enough to immerse something into it and warm it....not like a microwave, but the water gets pretty hot! I'd bring something that would transfer heat well....a small glass jar or thin plastic bottle....something you can submerge into the hot water.

Our son drinks rice milk. We bring our own individual size milks on board. If we fly, we have to pack them in checked luggage as they are more than 3 oz but we just surround them with some clothes and bathing suits in the suitcase and have never had any problem with them busting open.

When i pack things like this, i wrap in a clean diaper, and then in a ziploc bag. If there is an issue, the diaper absorbs most of the liquid, and the baggie should contain the rest.

I would bring my own since sometimes they run out of some items towards the end of cruise. If they have it use theirs, then if they no longer have any you have what you need. I'd rather bring some home then not have it if needed.

They ran out of the individual cartons of regular milk on my last cruise. They had pitchers of milk instead. First time I've ever seen that happen but there's always a first for everything.

I would contact the special needs department, here is a link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/accessibleseas/home.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=4&snav=10

They will help you with any special accommodations you need for your daughter because of her autism. They will also advise on milk but if you look at the link under dietary accommodations, it says they have lactose free milk and soy milk, so it looks like you need to bring what you need.