Smallest suite with bathtub

bubbadogmom

I know many don't care for it but one of the things I miss terribly is a hot bath before bed.

We usually can only afford a balcony - but one day I'd like to try and save up for something special.

What is the smallest suite that has a bathtub?

And just because I'm curious - what's the smallest(aka cheapest) suite with a whirlpool type bathtub?

I looked on the website and they nicely specified that I'd have "bath towels" etc but not if there was a tub.

Thank you!

All suites on Solstice class ships have bathtubs.

Sky and Celebrity suites have the shower above the bath, which can be quite dangerous if the ship is moving in heavy seas. Royal and Penthouse suites have a separate shower (I don't know about the Signature Suites on Reflection but would expect a separate shower there).

As previous thread said, I would not recommend the CS bathtubs. I am not disabled but I am small and I struggled.

Now if you fancy a treat....

RS S class has a spa bath, lots of bubbles, very relaxing and a separate shower. It also has a hot tub on the balcony, not big but still nice!

For a real treat the PH M class has a round, large spa tub with a wonderful sea view! It also has another tub on the enormous balcony.

Can't comment on S PH, M RS or Reflection suits as I haven't experienced.

I know this is blasphemy to many, but, have you considered Princess and their mini suites? I have cruised twice in the minisuite, seems like a longer than average tub, and my husband and I particularly enjoyed two tvs in the cabin!

All suites on Solstice class ships have bathtubs.

Sky and Celebrity suites have the shower above the bath, which can be quite dangerous if the ship is moving in heavy seas. Royal and Penthouse suites have a separate shower (I don't know about the Signature Suites on Reflection but would expect a separate shower there).

I'm dyeing to know how a shower tower could be dangerous? :confused:

FWIW not sure how many people want to take a soak when there's heavy seas anyway. :p

Here's our Sky WC from the Reflection this June

33b0i0z.jpg

I'm dyeing to know how a shower tower could be dangerous? :confused:

FWIW not sure how many people want to take a soak when there's heavy seas

The shower is above the bath. You have to climb in and out of the bath to take a shower. We were in a sky at the back of the ship on the storms that hit the south coast is England 2 years ago and I did not feel safe with the ship rolling about when taking a shower.

Here's a S2 (smallest suite) on Eclipse. As you can see, there's a tub (not a whirlpool/spa).

11396502286_fd0677ae46_h.jpgECL002 by Matt Barnette, on Flickr

The RS had a whirlpool/spa tub inside and another on the veranda.

8292430983_211d271fde_b.jpgzEQX042 by Matt Barnette, on Flickr

No bubbles in the Sky on the Eclipse.... too bad. Reflection was the last of the S Class is it the only with a whirl pool tub in S class?

5zr4vp.jpg

nvcrqh.jpg

I know many don't care for it but one of the things I miss terribly is a hot bath before bed.

We usually can only afford a balcony - but one day I'd like to try and save up for something special............

There is always the poor man's version of a hot bath before bed:

Soaking in one of the hot tubs by the solarium pool, followed by a shower.

(Better yet, including time in the solarium pool as well.)

Be that as it may, there is no way I'm using a bathtub in any public place. Not unless I fill it three times with boiling water and twice with the strongest germ killer know to mankind.
Does this mean you also avoid the swimming pools?

What about swimming in lakes or oceans where all sorts of creatures do you-know-what? :eek:

Edited by fleckle

Be that as it may, there is no way I'm using a bathtub in any public place. Not unless I fill it three times with boiling water and twice with the strongest germ killer know to mankind.

Does this mean you also avoid the swimming pools?

What about swimming in lakes or oceans where all sorts of creatures do you-know-what? :eek:

What about cutlery... it's been in someones MOUTH!!! Is it really clean? :eek::eek::p:cool:

Edited by A Sixth?

I have no issue with a regular bathtub...jeez....the forks, glasses, sofas, etc...have ALL been touched by others! Germaphobe much?

However, a jetted tub has gunk from past bathers in the pipes. If it was MY gunk...no big deal....but I'm not a fan of basically public jetted tubs!

I have no issue with a regular bathtub...jeez....the forks, glasses, sofas, etc...have ALL been touched by others! Germaphobe much?

However, a jetted tub has gunk from past bathers in the pipes. If it was MY gunk...no big deal....but I'm not a fan of basically public jetted tubs!

Well I can't say they do it every time. I can tell you I did notice once at least that the room guy filled it up and ran it for cleaning.

Did it get all the "goop"?

What about cutlery... it's been in someones MOUTH!!! Is it really clean? :eek::eek::p:cool:

You are kidding, right? Put my bathtub in a dishwasher and I'll use it Athlete's foot is bad enough, but there are worse things

Edited by BosoxI

I believe it works like this:

M CLASS

• Sky Suites - tub/shower only
  • Celebrity Suite - tub/shower only
  • Royal Suite - Whirlpool with bubbles (crazy complicated control system), separate shower, whirlpool on veranda
  • Penthouse Suite - Whirlpool with bubbles (crazy complicated control system), separate shower, whirlpool on veranda, 2nd bathroom standard shower

S CLASS

• Sky Suites on lower decks - tub/shower only
  • Sky Suites on upper deck that used to be AquaSpa Suites on Reflection ONLY - tub/shower with body sprays
  • Celebrity Suite - tub/shower only
  • Signature Suite (Reflection Only) - Shower/Tub combo, with whirlpool action, rain shower/whirlpool tub on veranda
  • Royal Suite - Whirlpool, separate shower, whirlpool on veranda
  • Penthouse Suite
    • Master - Whirlpool with bubbles, separate shower with 2 rain heads and 2 body sprays,
    • whirlpool on veranda,
    • standard shower in bathroom 2

[*]Reflection Suite

• Master Bathroom has whirlpool tub with bubbles, and separate "Gem" rain shower hanging off the ship
    • 2nd bathroom has stand alone shower
    • Veranda has larger than all other whirlpools with bubbles and rain shower

I am not POSITIVE about the configuration of the AquaSuites that became SkySuites, but assume they had body sprays as part of AquaClass and left them in place.

Edited by cle-guy