Spa junior suite vs Junior suite

AndyT3

Hi everyone. We're still trying to figure out what cabin we want to go with next year on our Anthem cruise. Right now, we're booked into a spa junior suite. I like the soaking tub, and rainfall shower head, however I'm thinking about moving up to a junior suite. I like the idea of having a larger balcony, but other than that, what else do I get with a junior suite? I've tired to find and compare the cabins by watching YouTube videos, but haven't really been able to find anything useful.

Does anyone have first hand experience with these particular cabins? I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter!

Hi everyone. We're still trying to figure out what cabin we want to go with next year on our Anthem cruise. Right now, we're booked into a spa junior suite. I like the soaking tub, and rainfall shower head, however I'm thinking about moving up to a junior suite. I like the idea of having a larger balcony, but other than that, what else do I get with a junior suite? I've tired to find and compare the cabins by watching YouTube videos, but haven't really been able to find anything useful.

Does anyone have first hand experience with these particular cabins? I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter!

I found it strange that the reg JS seems to be usually priced higher than the spa JS...or maybe it's just the particular ones I was pricing.

Some have posted how much they loved the spa JS....I'm not so sure I would...and no walkin closet in either:confused:

I found it strange that the reg JS seems to be usually priced higher than the spa JS...or maybe it's just the particular ones I was pricing.

Some have posted how much they loved the spa JS....I'm not so sure I would...and no walkin closet in either:confused:

This was also the case for our sailing as well, at least at this time. Spa suite was cheaper than the junior suite. Possibly they value the larger balcony higher?

Edited by AndyT3

We've stayed in a Spa JS on both Quantum and Anthem. Location is good and there is ample storage.

There are 3 different JS on these ships. Spa JS, Family JS and regular JS (which are part of a 3 cabin unit) A big difference between the Spa JS and the Family JS is that the Family JS has a couch and 2 toilets. The Spa JS has a love seat and 1 toilet.

To me the "soaking tub" in the main bathroom is a bit of a misnomer. Yes, it's a tub but it is very narrow and difficult to get in and out of. I'm an average size adult female and the tub was not much wider than my shoulders.

I posted several pictures of the Spa JS on this thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48099071#post48099071

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

The Spa JS is smaller. We did one on Quantum, and I actually liked the room. There were only 2 of us so plenty of space. We liked the split bath as it had a sink in each. Made it very nice for getting ready. But we did agree that even with the convenience, we would have preferred a walk in closet. But ours was dead center hump so we had a great view from the balcony, and the balcony was a good size. We had friends next door so we opened the divider, that was nice.

Anyway, the Spa JS was much cheaper than the JS. For me it was a nice cabin and I would do it again. Not really big enough if you have a group, but for 2 it was nice.

We've just arrived in Cape Liberty on the Anthem TA. We were in a spa junior suite and LOVED it. Wonderfully spacious with tons of storage, and a large balcony. (The tub as noted above is very narrow, and hard to get out of. We used it to string our clothesline across.) The stall rain shower was wonderful. I'd never give up a stall shower on a ship for a tub/shower combo unless for a really special cabin.

I'll post pics once we get home. I wouldn't hestitate to book this cabin again (if the price were right. LOL.)

Edited to add: We were on the straight part of the hump, great views without lifeboats below, and a terrific location near the elevators. We heard no noise from them or the passageway. No need for a walk in closet; there was one huge closet, and another half closet. Numerous drawers. If two people can't fit their stuff in here, they've brought too much!

Edited by Turtles06