Everything...JADE! (Coming home to Houston 11/14/15)

anonmom

So does it not port in Coxen Hole? Last spring on the NCL Jewel we just walked off..... I was not planning for tenders in Roatan. :(. It's our favorite port and that cuts down on our time!

Everything...JADE! (Coming home to Houston 11/14/15)

As for Roatan, ships are alternating the tender schedule so it will depend on your week.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48390649

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tanyaheart

So does it not port in Coxen Hole? Last spring on the NCL Jewel we just walked off..... I was not planning for tenders in Roatan. :(. It's our favorite port and that cuts down on our time!

Just got off Jade today. Tendering in Roatan was awful. We got into port around 8am and they started the tenders. Around 845 no new groups had been called and they indicated that Royal Carribbean was docking and all tendering would stop. This took around an hour and the people who had gotten off around 8am, primarily those on NCL excursions, just sat and cooked in the lifeboats. Then for some unexplained reason they moved the Jade causing additional delays and there was some kind of crew drill. Most people didn't make it to port until after noon...a low point of our week for sure.

If Roatan is important to you, book an NCL excursion. I was at the line for tix at 610am (line opened at 7am) and was in Group 6 which was called around 11am.

Edited by txagfan

Thank you tanyaheart for the dailies! Looking forward to our March cruise and any info is appreciated! Can you tell us if you dock or tender in Roatan? I have heard that the Jade and the Dawn are alternating weeks, if true maybe I can count it out on a calendar and be prepared! TIA

Thank you tanyaheart for the dailies! Looking forward to our March cruise and any info is appreciated! Can you tell us if you dock or tender in Roatan? I have heard that the Jade and the Dawn are alternating weeks, if true maybe I can count it out on a calendar and be prepared! TIA

FWIW, both the Dawn and Jade were tendering. The Royal Caribbean boat was docked. I'm curious about the schedule though since I have a family member who is taking the cruise later this year.

Correction, sliced roast beef in Garden Cafe for lunch not dinner on first day.

The bars are packed with people trying to get a drink. Hint: Great Outdoors bar not packed.

It sounds like the Jade has tendered the first two weeks without alternating. We're going to guest services when things calm down to get our 7 bags of donations for the children in Honduras coordinated.

Chocolate & vanilla soft serve ice cream in Garden Cafe.

Magnets to hold all of our party invitations on the door.07c26911cbdbd49cf95264e51e63a384.jpg

I love that idea. It saves time from my usual organize by day folder...LOL

Plus a great spot to leave notes with your magntic pad! I just noticed that and I had to comment on the perfect idea. Thanks!!

Edited by Linda the Book Lover

Regarding tendering in Roatan: will NCL know ahead of time if the Jade will dock or tender. We are planning on using a nonNCL excursion and it says to meet them one hour after docking. Was thinking about calling and asking NCL about our week.

. . . This took around an hour and the people who had gotten off around 8am, primarily those on NCL excursions, just sat and cooked in the lifeboats. Then for some unexplained reason they moved the Jade causing additional delays and there was some kind of crew drill. Most people didn't make it to port until after noon...a low point of our week for sure.

If Roatan is important to you, book an NCL excursion.

I was on the first tender boat that Morning. Luckily we opened the windows and were shaded [emoji106] I do tell everyone I know to consider a ship excursion when it comes to tenders on any cruiseline - I've also had the tendering process halted due to shift in winds and repositioning the ship on a different line before. So many variables. That said, I was rolling the dice and had booked an independent excursion.

We're on the same cruise in Feb. Wanted your opinion on which was a better beach day excursion. Between Cozumel (Mr. Sancho) and Roatan (Maya Key), I don' think we need 2 beach days and would like to get some shopping in.

We're on the same cruise in Feb. Wanted your opinion on which was a better beach day excursion. Between Cozumel (Mr. Sancho) and Roatan (Maya Key), I don' think we need 2 beach days and would like to get some shopping in.

Do a search of Little French Key in Roatan. That is our favorite.

It may not be for you, but check it out.

If you have small children, they have beaches that are calm and protected.

There is a small zoo, horseback riding ($$) several restaurants and bars and other beach activities.

We go when we stay on the island, so I don’t know the cost from a cruise ship.

*Thanks to all for this information about the tenders.

This is all new for Roatan & I’m sure they are suffering from the growing pains.

To top it off, (as previously mentioned) the JADE has been in Europe for the last 7 years, so the Caribbean is new to them.

Roatan needs another cruise dock.

Judy

Do a search of Little French Key in Roatan. That is our favorite.

It may not be for you, but check it out.

If you have small children, they have beaches that are calm and protected.

There is a small zoo, horseback riding ($$) several restaurants and bars and other beach activities.

Thanks, we do have 2 little kids, 6 and 4.

Iconcierge not working. About to lose Internet from Texas. Talk to y'all on Monday when we are in Cozumel.

Are all NCL ships equipped for iConcierge or is that still in process? I thought I read on here somewhere that you couldn't use it on the Jade yet.